Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by ODB »

Mëds wrote:
Linden and Benning need to give up on the return of a roster player for Kesler, at least don't hold out for a center. It is unlikely that Etem is coming back in a deal for Kesler if that deal includes both of Anaheim's first rounders.

If they want 4 pieces in this deal then ask for the 10th and 24th, Theodore, and Patrick Maroon. That might be the only way they get back 4 pieces. I have a feeling that we are going to see a re-thinking by GM's on player and UFA value going forward. Both now and at the trade deadline.

I won't be surprised if the Canucks are playing things cautiously until they find out where they stand with any offers made to Florida for the 1st overall. If they can get that pick then give up on that roster player for Kesler, take a pair of firsts and prospects from Anaheim, trade the 6th and whatever, draft a pair of players in the top-10 and another at 23. Then sign a center for the interim. Trade Richardson to clear the roster spot.

I think our line-up might not be as set as people think, my opinion is that the only locks here are Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Kassian, Matthias, Higgins or Hansen, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Stanton, and Lack.

I think that one of Higgins or Hansen will be dealt, Higgins has more talent but is older and not as fast and lacks the sandpaper that Hansen seems to have, if it's a question of a bottom-6 spot then Hansen is a better fit, if they need a "swingman" then Higgins.

Santorelli might be re-signed, I hope he is. Dalpe should be cut loose with Schroeder, neither of them helped at the NHL level, they were merely plugs. Sestito probably has a spot on the 4th line again, but if his conditioning isn't improved he might find himself watching games as the 13th forward. Jensen looked ready, but with a new coach coming in it's really hard to say if he gets a chance this year. Other prospects, like Horvat and Shinkaruk, may or may not be ready.

Despite NTC's, and the public endorsement of Edler, I do think he's in play. Garrison is probably also a piece that could be traded, and Tanev has already been mentioned in talks.

Markstrom could end up in Utica to develop with a goaltending coach.
I think one of these days I'll actually read one of Mëds posts.

But not today! :mex:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Despite NTC's, and the public endorsement of Edler, I do think he's in play.
LOL!

Ummmm, no.
Mëds wrote: Markstrom could end up in Utica to develop with a goaltending coach.
Markstrom would be claimed on waivers...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/480111367915966464
Dan Rosen Verified account ‏@drosennhl

With Richards bought out, NYR should try to land Kesler. Spezza works too. Need a C that better fits w/Nash. Won't find one via UFA route.

3:14 PM - 20 Jun 2014
NYR needs a C like Kesler. But Kesler is not a playmaking C and would not be a good fit with Nash. Both like to carry and hold on to the puck and shoot.

Kesler might add NYR to his list if he hasn't already, given that they have shown to be SC contender and he could be the one piece that could take them to the next level. :mex:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Betamax wrote:NYR needs a C like Kesler. But Kesler is not a playmaking C and would not be a good fit with Nash. Both like to carry and hold on to the puck and shoot.
So the Rangers need a center like Kesler, yet not at all like Kesler? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:
Betamax wrote:NYR needs a C like Kesler. But Kesler is not a playmaking C and would not be a good fit with Nash. Both like to carry and hold on to the puck and shoot.
LOL. At the very least it expands the market of teams looking to add a Centre, maybe Spezza works better in NY, making Kesler more valuable to teams like St Louis and Anaheim.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
LOL. At the very least it expands the market of teams looking to add a Centre, maybe Spezza works better in NY, making Kesler more valuable to teams like St Louis and Anaheim.
Although if Kesler goes to NY and fails in a new role, I'll be happy. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Cornuck wrote:
Yeah, they could definitely use Kesler but not put him on the same line with Nash. If the point is to get a C to just play with Nash, then Kesler's not the guy. They'd be better off with JUMBO Joe or Speeza who are a lot better playmakers.

I wrote in an earlier post that I wouldn't mind a package deal where the Canucks send Kesler and Burrows to the NYR for Nash. The Rangers could/should add a top prospect (JT Miller or someone ealse) and a 2nd round pick(s) ... I think they've traded all their 1st to the Lightning in the MSL deal. Rangers could then sign back Callahan and have a grinding/checking line that could could compete with some of the heavy teams in the West and the Bruins.

I think Nash could work well with the Sedins' since they like to pass the puck a lot and Nash likes to be the trigger man. That could be magic on the ice, well at least for the regular season, anyway. That would be one option to take if the Canucks still want to make a real push to make it into the Playoffs this upcoming season. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Betamax wrote:

I wrote in an earlier post that I wouldn't mind a package deal where the Canucks send Kesler and Burrows to the NYR for Nash.
Have you ran this one by SKYO?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:
Betamax wrote:

I wrote in an earlier post that I wouldn't mind a package deal where the Canucks send Kesler and Burrows to the NYR for Nash.
Nash performs ... at least in the REGULAR season.

refer to this: http://www.extraskater.com/players/stan ... ate&sit=ev

:mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Betamax wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Betamax wrote:

Ducks/Murray is probably ramping up efforts to acquire said services of one Ryan Kesler.

Anaheim has way too many prospects/picks to not go hard after RK, plus they are really close to being the new Kings of the West added all up they will outbid the Blues and Pens and whoever else is in this Kesler Sweepstakes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I bet if you ran the Burrows/Kesler for Mr. Expensive and Useless - Nash trade by Mëds he'd demand you to add Edler to that package
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:
Betamax wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Betamax wrote:

Ducks/Murray is probably ramping up efforts to acquire said services of one Ryan Kesler.

Anaheim has way too many prospects/picks to not go hard after RK, plus they are really close to being the new Kings of the West added all up they will outbid the Blues and Pens and whoever else is in this Kesler Sweepstakes.
My own personal preference would be to go young and not go out of their way to make the Playoffs this season and take an upgraded (rumored) trade package from either the Pens or Ducks.

But reading into the comments made by GMJB if they really believe they can quickly "retool" and make the Playoffs they have to find someone to play with the Sedins and re-invigorate their line that has gotten stale.

They are contractually locked for four more years, so unless the end game plan is to drive them to the airport (which I don't think Linden would do unless everything goes bad), you have to at least give them a chance to still be effective players. :mex:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:I bet if you ran the Burrows/Kesler for Mr. Expensive and Useless - Nash trade by Mëds he'd demand you to add Edler to that package
Only if they agreed to take all 3 and still keep Nash. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: Markstrom could end up in Utica to develop with a goaltending coach.
Markstrom would be claimed on waivers...
Even if they assign him to Utica 13 days before the regular season starts?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

From the Ducks Open House...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1693523
-Holes in team, no 2C since Andy Mac left.

-Rookies are the plan for goal. Fight it out, in 2-3 years one will be very unhappy. So no miller

-Theodore coming along very well. Yawney very happy with development of him and Manson, doesn't want to give either up.

-How is Kesler trade going? - offer won't be as good, lost a playoff series. A "bit more things out there". "The press is throwing names at you, don't think that's all that's out there"

-Why wasn't Kesler traded - "something didn't go right, that's all I can say"

-Getzlaf. Who do you want playing behind you, Kesler or Spezza? - under contract, can't comment legally.

-Why wasn't Kesler traded - "because they have to play us"
So maybe no Ducks trade, unless it's just a big show/smokescreen.

How about Blues Oshie and Berglund? 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.