Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Postby Boston Canucker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:34 am

Meds wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:
SKYO wrote:nhl14 mode, if Buffalo gets the NYI 1st, how about we trade Kesler + our 6th overall pick for 1st overall.

Kesler agrees as he and Patrick Kane(2015 UFA) have the master plan to join his beloved hometown team Buffalo anyways.

hah :eh:

I don't know that the jump from 6 to 1 this year is worth Kesler, as opposed to say next year if Mcdavid is the real deal.

If McDavid is the real deal, and everyone in the hockey world seems to think he is, then whatever team gets the first overall pick next year is definitely NOT going to part with it. If McDavid lives up to the hype he's another Crosby.....you just don't pass up on that.

I agree. My point was more about overvaluing this year's #1 pick. There is enough debate about who will go #1, with no consensus, that it may be the case that the #3 or #4 pick could get the guy you want, or maybe you get real lucky and he drops to #6.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby SKYO » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 pm

To all Kesler fans...

Dreger saying Philly on Kesler's 6 team list, both him and Kypreos say he's on trade block.

Kesler definitely wants out I suppose, wants a new change of scenery.

Ducks probably can offer the most.

#EverythingIsHappening.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:34 pm

SKYO wrote:To all Kesler fans...

Dreger saying Philly on Kesler's 6 team list, both him and Kypreos say he's on trade block.

#EverythingIsHappening.

And so begins the rebuild. I told you guys he was outty.

Love Kesler but it's for the best.

If they trade him for another vet I'll lose it.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:To all Kesler fans...

#EverythingIsHappening.

And so begins the rebuild. I told you guys he was outty.

Love Kesler but it's for the best.

If they trade him for another vet I'll lose it.

via: http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/3 ... ree-agents
June 6 2014
5:59
PM ET
By Pierre LeBrun | ESPN.com

Sources said new Canucks GM Jim Benning has already taken calls from teams on Kesler, if for no other reason than they’re wondering if he’s still available or not.

He is, but the price remains high.

Kesler has two more years on his deal at a reasonable $5 million cap hit and will be a hot commodity again if Vancouver steps up trade efforts.My sense is that the Canucks, in any package, would want both an asset who can help them right now (preferably a center) plus future assets. And, yes, I think Kesler still wants out of Vancouver. TSN colleague Darren Dreger reported Friday that it's believed Kesler has a list of six teams he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to.

Nothing really new, but the Flyers' has some interesting roster player(e) i.e. B. Schenn that could be part of the package.

Furthermore, their owner isn't exactly a spring chicken and has had health issues, so he is in "win now mode." :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 pm

And this is how we are going to get the assets to get Reinhart. Boom! Sam R is so Canuck its Krazy! JB likes him, JB wants him, JB needs him.

GM/President Bendin will get er done
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:01 pm

RoyalDude wrote:And this is how we are going to get the assets to get Reinhart. Boom! Sam R is so Canuck its Krazy! JB likes him, JB wants him, JB needs him.

GM/President Bendin will get er done

So, you're sayin' B. Schenn and the sixth for the Panthers' 1st overall pick? I'd be okay with that. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Kesler to Flyers for

2014 1st round pick - 17th overall
Prospect - Scott Laughton (Cassels Oshawa teammate)
Brayden Schenn or Couturier

And then try to slay a Reinhart trade
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Kesler to Flyers for

2014 1st round pick - 17th overall
Prospect - Scott Laughton (Cassels Oshawa teammate)
Brayden Schenn or Couturier

And then try to slay a Reinhart trade

I think the Canucks' would be BEYOND GOOD if they could get two out of the three you listed.

However, trying to acquire Couturier in a Kesler trade, IMO, is a non-starter from a Flyers' perspective.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:42 pm

It's not a stretch. 17th pick in a weak draft? Laughton isn't exactly an elite prospect, no guarantees whatsoever and Couturier and Schenn don't have that beast mode big game player that Kesler is labelled with. Trust me, there will be a bidding war for Keslers services.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:It's not a stretch. 17th pick in a weak draft? Laughton isn't exactly an elite prospect, no guarantees whatsoever and Couturier and Schenn don't have that beast mode big game player that Kesler is labelled with. Trust me, there will be a bidding war for Keslers services.

Laughton may not be elite but he's in a similar caliber prospect catagory to Horvat.

re: HOCKEY NEWS FUTURE WATCH PROSPECTS 2014

via: http://fhcl.forum.com.bz/t759-hockey-ne ... pects-2014

1. JONATHON DROUIN
2. JOHN GIBSON
3. TEUVO TERAVAINEN
4. FILIP FORSBERG
5. RYAN STROME
6. EVGENY KUZNETSOV
7. RASMUS RISTOLAINEN
8. NIKITA ZADOROV
9. ALEX WENNBERG
10. ANTHONY MANTHA
11. GRIFFIN REINHART
12. BO HORVAT
13. ANDREY VASILEVSKIY
14. CURTIS LAZAR
15. SCOTT LAUGHTON
16. DIMITRI JASKIN
17. MIRCO MUELLER
18. MAX DOMI
19. ANDRE BURAKOWSKY
20. DERRICK POULIOT
21. DARNELL NURSE
22. MIKE MATHESON
23. J.T. MILLER
24. SAMI VATANEN
25. MALCOLM SUBBAN
26. JACOB DE LAROSE
27. JAKE ALLEN
28. RICKARD RACKELL
29. JOHNNY GAUDREAU
30. JOSH MORRISEY
31. MATHEW DUMBA
32. TOMAS JURCO
33. ZACH FUCALE
34. STEFAN MATTEAU
35. SVEN BAERTSCHI
36. JARED TINORDI
37. BRANDON GORMLEY
38. JAMIE OLEKSIAK
39. BRETT RITCHIE
40. HUNTER SHINKARUK
41. CALLE JARNKROK
42. MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO
43. OSCAR KLEFBOM
44. TIM ERIXON
45. BRIAN DUMOULIN
46. OSCAR DANSK
47. RYAN HARTMAN
48. EMILE POIRIER
49. HENRIK SAMUELSON
50. JOE MORROW

Kesler didn't show BEAST MODE until he was in his prime. Both B. Schenn and Couturier have a couple of years before they are in their prime.

Actually, the scuttlebutt now from MSM (TEAM Radio) today is asking about woud ya do a Horvat and 6th for the 1st overall?

I have to ponder a bit to make a determination on whether Horvat is a better asset than a B. Schenn and maybe that could be the route to go if there's a better chance that he may not end up being a top six C like a Bergeron or Kesler but end up but end up being a 3rd line C like a Manny Malhotra and the Canucks' believe that Sam Reinhart will be a future No. 1 C and B. Schenn could be the 2nd line C. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:27 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454191

How does Jim Benning's selection as GM in Vancouver, and who he selects as head coach, affect the Ryan Kesler situation?

Darren Dreger: Ryan Kesler hasn't changed his mind. He wants a fresh start and to move on from Vancouver; he met with Benning earlier this week to talk about that. It's believed that Kesler still has six teams on his list that he's willing to be traded to. And we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those.

Pierre LeBrun: The asking price remains high, as it should for a guy that only has a $5 million cap hit for two more years. The Canucks don't just want futures here, they want a player that can help them now, preferably a centre.

Bob McKenzie: With Kesler on the marketplace right now, that's bad news for the Ottawa Senators, who have been trying to trade Jason Spezza, preferably before the draft. With Kesler out there, that's a centre that most teams will target before they go after Spezza.

To further along this process, guess Kesler has made it a bit easier making it 7 teams with the Flyers as well..

Anaheim Ducks, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Redwings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Boston Canucker » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:51 am

SKYO wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454191

How does Jim Benning's selection as GM in Vancouver, and who he selects as head coach, affect the Ryan Kesler situation?

Darren Dreger: Ryan Kesler hasn't changed his mind. He wants a fresh start and to move on from Vancouver; he met with Benning earlier this week to talk about that. It's believed that Kesler still has six teams on his list that he's willing to be traded to. And we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those.

Pierre LeBrun: The asking price remains high, as it should for a guy that only has a $5 million cap hit for two more years. The Canucks don't just want futures here, they want a player that can help them now, preferably a centre.

Bob McKenzie: With Kesler on the marketplace right now, that's bad news for the Ottawa Senators, who have been trying to trade Jason Spezza, preferably before the draft. With Kesler out there, that's a centre that most teams will target before they go after Spezza.

To further along this process, guess Kesler has made it a bit easier making it 7 teams with the Flyers as well..

Anaheim Ducks, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Redwings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins.

Well, it's good Kesler is making it easier on Benning, making the decision for him. He can bring the young assets and a pick, hopefully. I certainly would not be down with trading Horvat plus #6 to get Reinhart. That seems a sideways step, as from all accounts we're not taking McDavid here in Reinhart. If Benning pulls some other assets for Kesler he can pivot to the #1 pick with a little more trade flexibility. Let's get this rebuild on, people!
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 am

This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

RoyalDude wrote:This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.

LOL the Whitecaps. MLS is barely beer league calibre soccer. I can't believe people actually go to watch that shit.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:55 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.

LOL the Whitecaps. MLS is barely beer league calibre soccer. I can't believe people actually go to watch that shit.

The CFL is the inbred, half wit, gimp cousin of the NFL, filled with american college cast offs and Canadian university footballers from Surrey and Mississauga. 5 star entertainment
RoyalDude
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat