I think we all need to give Royaldude his props here

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: I think we all need to give Royaldude his props here

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:Or hockey's 'Sybian'?
fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:HW, exactly why I wanted one or two of Gance/Horvat/Shrinkwrap on the roster this season.

Six to ten minutes a night from one or two of those would be fantastic right now.
So if you get this, I get this how come MG and JT don't get this?
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Royal dude has been saying the Canucks suck for years, even as they were winning President's trophies and going to the cup final. What is that saying about a blind squirrel.......

That said, yet another loss and the team just doesn't have it, whatever it is. They look incredibly unbalanced up front, all checkers except the twins. Need somebody who can actually put the puck in the net once in a while other than maybe Chris Higgins.

Gillis has some bullets to shoot, we'll see what he does. He's a solid GM but may be almost too patient.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:
Topper wrote:HW, exactly why I wanted one or two of Gance/Horvat/Shrinkwrap on the roster this season.

Six to ten minutes a night from one or two of those would be fantastic right now.
So if you get this, I get this how come MG and JT don't get this?
I get a lot of what you're not getting.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: I think we all need to give Royaldude his props here:

I know this is an obnoxious subject heading, but lets call a spade a spade.

The Canucks suck, and Mike Gillis sucks. Period. Gillis pretty much threw this team off a cliff after 2011 when he made the trade for Booth
UMMMMM......

viewtopic.php?p=116639#p116639
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm[/color] wrote:I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there. Can't wait til we get Raymond back in the line-up, I once again love the speed and skill of this team up front.
:hmmm:
The Brown Knight wrote: then he went ahead and completely shit the bed with the Hodgson for Kassian deal
UMMMM....

viewtopic.php?p=127791#p127791
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm[/color] wrote:Sad to see CoHo go but Zack Kassian is exactly what this team needs for it's identity. We were soarly lacking in that big, tough, can scrap and can play type of winger and to get those types of players you either have to draft them or pay a pretty high price for them in a trade. He's younger than CoHo and I think in the long run he will end up being more valuable to this team. We had depth at centre, Kesler and Hank ain't going anywhere soon, plus I honestly believe that CoHo wanted out but that we may never know.
The Dude changes his tune more often than an organ grinder with Attention Deficit Disorder!
The Brown Knight wrote: and then shit the bed a few more times with your Phalsson and Roy type deals.
Okay, Dude whined about those deals at the time.

But the fact is your Vancouver Canucks gave up SWEET PISS ALL in those deals.

Pahlsson for Ellington and 2 fourth round picks (Mikko Vainonen and Josh Anderson).

All of whom have never played an NHL game and never will.

Derek Roy for Kevin Connauton and a second-round draft pick in 2013 (Philippe Desrosiers).

Connauton is a waiver-eligible soon-to-be 24-year old #8 dee on a one-way contract for 2 more years.

And seriously, WHO THE FUCK is Philippe Desrosiers?

"Shat the bed"??

I think not!
The Brown Knight wrote: How he let guys like Erhoff, Torres, and Salo walk is completely beyond me.
Dude did not make a single comment when those 3 players walked.

His silence spoke volumes about his feelings (or lack thereof) for those guys.

I did note that he made plenty of nice comments about the Garrison signing (compared him to Aucoin) :lol:

See, GMMG let Salo walk on the same day he signed Garrison and no whining about Salo from RD.

Many posters here complained immediately when those 3 players were allowed to walk.

RD was not one of them.

Pretty sure the Royal One didn't complain about those 3 walking until the Canucks were swept by the Sharks.

That's pretty much the point in time he began bitching and moaning about everything Gillis…
The Brown Knight wrote: As much as we might hate admitting this, RoyalDude called it right from the start despite being flamed on here.

Yes - he said a lot of erroneous things on here which came back to bite him in the ass, and yes............RD said a lot of things on here at nausea, but the bottom line here is that RD's "big picture" forecast of this team and of Mike Gillis was spot on. Period.
Almost everyone on this site knew we were in serious trouble after getting swept by the Sharks.

Most everyone wanted AV gone and a change to the core (most wanted to trade Edler/Burrows/Lou).

RoyalDude though, embarrassed himself by going on and on and on about it.
The Brown Knight wrote:
My hope for the deadline is this: We sell. Period. Adios Kesler, Adios Burrows, Adios, Bieksa, Adios, Edler.

Lets say good-bye to this core, thank them for the memories (i.e. almost every single individual and team accolade outside of a Stanley Cup), and stack up on some promising youth.

Lets trade Kesler for the same type of deal that the Flyers got with Richards.

EDIT: fixed the pic
Last edited by Strangelove on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RD is a hockey guru! :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well thanks for the props, great caped knight if garam masala.

I'm a little humbled by all these dedicated threads in my honor and with so many hits, I have plenty of people to thank but I won't bore you all, I will simply leave you with this, as the greatest party animal - Charlie Sheen once said - "winning!"

Now let us hope and David Booth pray that Bold Moves Gillis can make like chef boi RD, the Nonis Laffs and the AV Rangers and Charlie Sheen and put an end to this 3 season skid since the cup run and start "winning" himself . Do you believe in miracles? Or should I say - do you believe in the process?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hey guys,

I read most of your responses. I probably am being overly harsh with Gillis.......but you one thing that is NOT pardonable?.....at all? The whole Luongo situation:

Two years ago when the Canucks got their revenge win against the Bruins on Jan 7 2012, it became obvious that the team was now Schneider's, and that the team had bought into Schneider both mentally and emotionally. I said that at nausea at the time, and Cornuck can back me up on this (Cornuck called me out for constantly bringing it up! :)).

Luongo should have been moved either at the deadline that year, or at the draft..........for Burke's offer of Luke Schenn and a 1st I believe?

Instead - Gillis, like a blipping idiot, had an unrealistic asking price.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Topper wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Or hockey's 'Sybian'?
fixed
I loled. I admit it.

:mrgreen:
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

The Brown Knight wrote:Hey guys,

I read most of your responses. I probably am being overly harsh with Gillis.......but you one thing that is NOT pardonable?.....at all? The whole Luongo situation:

Two years ago when the Canucks got their revenge win against the Bruins on Jan 7 2012, it became obvious that the team was now Schneider's, and that the team had bought into Schneider both mentally and emotionally. I said that at nausea at the time, and Cornuck can back me up on this (Cornuck called me out for constantly bringing it up! :)).

Luongo should have been moved either at the deadline that year, or at the draft..........for Burke's offer of Luke Schenn and a 1st I believe?

Instead - Gillis, like a blipping idiot, had an unrealistic asking price.
How many times do Vancouver reporters have to say that wasn't the offer? There's no way he was offered Schenn plus a 1st (would have been Morgan Rielly at the time), that didn't happen. If it did Lu would have been moved.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: I think we all need to give the devil his due

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: Instead - Gillis, like a blipping idiot, had an unrealistic asking price.
How do we know it wasn't Gillis' plan all along to squeeze one more year out of Lou

... and move forward with young folks like Horvat & Lack?

Perhaps the plan is to CBO Luongo this summer and RBO Booth.

Then use that extra cap-space to offer-sheet some young upcoming star?

Who knows...

Just saying it's kind of silly to judge Gillis "an idiot" when we have no idea where he's going with this.

Also we have no idea of the internal dynamics of the team.

Without knowing what's really going on, it's impossible to judge Gillis' intelligence level.

And hey, he seems like a pretty smart guy to me.

Definitely smarter than those who judge his IQ without knowing the facts, that's for damnsure.

Or those who fall for the alleged 20/20 hindsight of a shape-shifting flip-flopping you-know-wot.

Sure we can judge him on some things (performance of players brought in).

But we can't know all the facts or the actual underlying plans.

No GM is going to lay all his cards on the table amirite? :mex:

Now yours truly has crapped on GMMG for not firing AV in 2012 and for certain players brought in/let go.

But yours truly never forgets Gillis has access to knowledge yours truly will never have.

And unlike some dude who shall remain nameless and brainless

... the Great Strangelove does not try to deceive patsies into thinking he deserve props where he does not!

Don't feel bad though Brownie, goodhearted trusting souls such as yourself are often scammed by con men.

Chalk it up to experience and carry on my good man, the Great Strangelove is your biggest fan! :thumbs:

As a matter of fact, you are one of the few I'm going to let in on a once in a lifetime business venture!

Look for my PM, coming soon....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya, none of us know what any of the offers really were. All we have is Burkie spouting off that MG wanted 15 first round picks. And Nonis spouting off about a terrible unmoveable contract. And reporters in TO spouting off various scenarios. I've tried numerous times to get the scoop and all I have gotten is that pretty well everything reported was false. Same as the supposed Detroit offer for Edler. None of us know what was up with that. We also know that teams in the west were not prepared to overpay for CS but we don't know the specifics.

It's really hard to judge MG on deals not made, or any GM for that matter. Let's keep in mind hat one of Nonis's undoings was his refusal to over pay for Brad Richards but none of us know exactly what was demanded.

Trading three players, Burrows, Hansen and Edler should change the culture and core and garner some nice overall combined returns. It would clear a nice chunk of cap and open up roster spots. Those are the three I would be trying to move. Buy out Booth and reset for next season.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Buy out Booth and reset for next season.
I'm starting to think if we are going to rebuild, we might as well keep Booth around for his last year of his contract. If we trade most of our high priced guys who still have some market value, we still have to get on the floor for annual team salaries. We might as well keep Boothy around to suck and do nothing out there, cuz if we buy him out, we'll just be getting other guys who suck anyways. Might as well just pay Booth to suck. If we're going to rebuild, I want our team to totally stink for a couple seasons and load up on top picks. :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I dislike your post thoughts...very much.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

That's just about the dumbest thing I've heard !
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "