Comparisons between Tortorella and Keenan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Comparisons between Tortorella and Keenan

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I read in another thread where a certain crossdressing carpenter compared Torts to Bill Laforge.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

MacIntyre:
There is fault for everyone, although John Tortorella tried to claim much of it.

“It's pretty obvious that the coaching staff here has not done a good enough job teaching details of situational play,” the Canucks' head coach said. “Third period, wall play, underneath the puck – we just have not done a good enough job (as coaches) ...
I don't recall iron mike taking heat, to reduce pressure on the team. The guy was a power-drunk egomaniac.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

So, it seems like there are some who are closely connected to said individual that think like Iron Mike who went through multiple firings and hirings, Torts has uh, another "life" left as an NHL coach ..................

via: http://thefischlerreport.fanvsfan.com/a ... tortorella

TFR Exclusive: Former G.M. Jay Feaster Talks About New Job, Tortorella
JakeBecker
By JakeBecker @ Fischler Report Published on: July 28th. 2014, 11:25am

Here's a quote from said article on the possible return of Torts to the NHL:
* HOW SOON DO YOU THINK TORTS WILL RETURN TO THE NHL?

I think time heals all wounds. I don’t think for a minute that Torts was anything other than what people knew he was. I think Mike Gillis knew the issues, the positives and the negatives. In my mind the issue really came down to that infamous day when he decided to try to get in the locker room when [Calgary head coach] Bob Hartley was antagonizing.

Bob is the godfather to my son Ryan, and I consider Torts to be one of my best friends, too. It was ironic, but I believe that John will get back. General managers in the league know he’s a good coach, and you take the good with the bad. Part of what makes him a good coach is that he does not have the political correctness gene. He is not worried about what you or me or what anybody else thinks about him – he’s going to do what he thinks is right. I think some time away, some time to decompress, I think that’ll be good for him.

I don’t have any doubt that at some point in time, a team is going to be struggling and a team is going to need some discipline, some structure, and a general manager is going to say, “This is a guy that can provide it.”
Uh, I think Feaster is completely out of touch and clueless if he felt that the axe coming down on Torts was primarily because of Changing Room Incident with The Flames. :mex: