Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Post by ukcanuck »

We have a resident doctor here perhaps he could help the dark brown knight...

As for lucic, I love the surly way he plays but I think he needs to mature a little here.
He's got the coin to party a title higher up the social scale and should not be on a street in the middle if the night.

Also it's his home town and he's putting himself between Vancouver and their Canucks .....he should know better and more to the point he should expect nothing less
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Jovocop wrote:Celebrities seem to forget that they are no longer regular people. They should carefully pick places to go. It is a price that they have to pay for being celebrities.
??? times change .. I remember meeting Stan Makita with some other Chicago players in the Penthouse many years ago.. It was the night before a game . He got ambushed by a young drunk who was promptly booted out of the club by one of the bouncers.. I asked for his autograph and he graciously gave it and I had a chance to ask him about the Canada/Russia series. Nice guy.They got pleasantly drunk so I figured the Canucks would win next day and bet them to win.. BAD BET :( canucks lost the game and I lost a 100 ..
Why would the bar Lucic was in not bounce the drunken idiot that was harrassing him ?
I
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

dangler wrote: Sounds like you need some professional help farhan. Helps just a phone-call away you know.
Thank you for your concern dangler.

(if that was your intent).

I'm fine, and I definitely will talk to someone if I feel like it ever becomes an issue.

For now though, I feel that my 'blow up' on here for the past two days actually did me a lot of good as I got a lot of 'toxic anger' that was still in me from 2011 off my chest. You'll have to take my word for it, but I don't wish harm on anyone from the Bruins organization. Marchand included.

I actually did talk to someone shortly after when we lost the finals in 2011.

Back on subject however, Lucic just went on record as saying that he will never stick up for Vancouverites ever again:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/brui ... bar-fight/

I do find that a little odd however..........as I never really got a sense that he was in fact, defending Vancouver at anytime. Before the 2012 all-star game, he even sarcastically joked that "he didn't expect any Canucks on Z's team."

A guy like Sakic, who has made the Canucks his bitch FAR worse than Lucic during his playing days, was widely respected by Vancouverites and never had any issues with us at all..........including the times when the Avs completely destroyed the Canucks in both 1996 and 2001 (en route to their two cup victories).
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

So... good? Don't defend it. Is Lucic really so stupid that he thought he could party in downtown Vancouver after that game, and what Marchand did, and a drunk idiot wouldn't take a run at him or someone wouldn't piss in his beer?

Or is he that desperate for kootch, and he thought he was going to get the Patrick Kane treatment?

I'm not saying he deserves it, but have some common sense and self awareness for Christ's sake. What exactly did he think was going to happen? I wish a reporter would have the balls to ask him that.

I don't need Lucic defending "my city", nor do I care about his fucking opinion. Get over yourself, seriously.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BurningBeard wrote:So... good? Don't defend it. Is Lucic really so stupid that he thought he could party in downtown Vancouver after that game, and what Marchand did, and a drunk idiot wouldn't take a run at him or someone wouldn't piss in his beer?

Or is he that desperate for kootch, and he thought he was going to get the Patrick Kane treatment?

I'm not saying he deserves it, but have some common sense and self awareness for Christ's sake. What exactly did he think was going to happen? I wish a reporter would have the balls to ask him that.

I don't need Lucic defending "my city", nor do I care about his fucking opinion. Get over yourself, seriously.

:towel:. Lucic will never get Sakic's treatment because Lucic simply does not deserve it. Instead of taking the high road, he ditched almost everyone in Vancouver.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BurningBeard wrote:So... good? Don't defend it. Is Lucic really so stupid that he thought he could party in downtown Vancouver after that game, and what Marchand did, and a drunk idiot wouldn't take a run at him or someone wouldn't piss in his beer?

Exactly.

And like I said, Joe Sakic never felt to take it upon himself to "defend Vancouver."

Sakic lit up the Canucks way worse than Lucic.

And yet Vancouverites love and respect Sakic.

Figure that one out Lucic. Dipshit.

The Dark Indian Rises
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Tiger wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Celebrities seem to forget that they are no longer regular people. They should carefully pick places to go. It is a price that they have to pay for being celebrities.
??? times change .. I remember meeting Stan Makita with some other Chicago players in the Penthouse many years ago.. It was the night before a game . He got ambushed by a young drunk who was promptly booted out of the club by one of the bouncers.. I asked for his autograph and he graciously gave it and I had a chance to ask him about the Canada/Russia series. Nice guy.They got pleasantly drunk so I figured the Canucks would win next day and bet them to win.. BAD BET :( canucks lost the game and I lost a 100 ..
Why would the bar Lucic was in not bounce the drunken idiot that was harrassing him ?
I
Perhaps they wanted to punch him too?? :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lucic apparently defended Vancouver a lot in Boston, he likes his hometown, but a really drunk tough guy ruined it all..
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Jovocop wrote:
:towel:. Lucic will never get Sakic's treatment because Lucic simply does not deserve it. Instead of taking the high road, he ditched almost everyone in Vancouver.
All of Sakic's battles were fought on the ice. Period.

Based on production alone, Canuck fans should theoretically be angrier towards Sakic than they are to Lucic.

But they aren't.....and there's a valid reason for that. You can't be angry at pure class, and Sakic is about as classy as they come.

What the hell does Lucic expect anyways?

"Don't expect any Canucks to be on Z's team."

Shut the fuck up, and just play the game. Dipshit.

He then comes into Vancouver in August 2011 and makes a big annoucement that he's bringing the cup. Of course there's going to be idiots that will take offense to that......and they did.

Sakic never made any "announcements" when he brought the cup to Vancouver in 1996 and 2001 respectively (and again - years in which Sakic's team played the Canucks in the playoffs and completely destroyed us).

What the heck was Lucic expecting that night when he went into the club? When his teammate Marchand insulted Vancouver......again.

Lucic is a tough kid and would destroy practically anyone in a fight. It's just too bad that he has shit for brains, and has limited class.

If he makes Team Canada this year, I will be joining Per in cheeing Sweden.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I think it’s pretty stupid of Lucic to think there wouldn’t be any issues. It’s late at night, he’s a star player from a rival team who the Canucks just played, and he’s hanging out in bars where there are bound to many drunk douchebag idiots.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

herb wrote:I think it’s pretty stupid of Lucic to think there wouldn’t be any issues. It’s late at night, he’s a star player from a rival team who the Canucks just played, and he’s hanging out in bars where there are bound to many drunk douchebag idiots.
I wonder if real Canadian icon hockey players such as Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, Wayne Gretzky, and Ray Bourque ever hung out at bars and got tipsy leading into the wee hours at night.

A real champ this Lucic douchebag is eh?

And then he has the audacity to say that, "he's going to stop defending Vancouver from now on."

Get the fuck out of here.

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It's pretty dumb a player can't hang out in his home fucking town, even after the Canucks WON. sheesh, he shouldn't have to hide here.

it's not like he's Marchand.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:It's pretty dumb a player can't hang out in his home fucking town, even after the Canucks WON. sheesh, he shouldn't have to hide here.

it's not like he's Marchand.
As much as I hate to say, Marchand is smarter than Lucic... After what Marchand did at Rogers Arena, he better stayed in the hotel room that night. Imagine what he would look like if he hanged out in the same bar with Lucic...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I can fully understand Lucic going out with a few of his old Vancouver friends after the game and have no problem with it. His mistake was imbibing on hostile foreign ground.

He should have booked a private room at a club for a few of his friends and avoided the stupid temptation of other drunks wanting to play tough guy.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mark Spector weighs in.

LOL this guy is such a troll to Vancouver fans. Hate to point out that his Oilers haven't made the playoffs since 2006, let alone won a playoff game.