Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

http://nhl.si.com/2013/12/15/milan-luci ... ver-video/
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Due to Lucic's actions, I wonder if his church in East Van will be targeted again as it was in 2012?

For those that don't remember, Lucic's church was vandalized a short time period after Lucic sarcastically told news reporters to, "Not expect any Canucks on Z's team." (In reference to the all-star game that year).
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

drunk idiot trying to start a fight with lucic smh.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

SKYO wrote:drunk idiot trying to start a fight with lucic smh.
Drunken idiots or not, and they probably were........but Lucic appeared to be drunk as well.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Your hatred and calls for violence are not welcome on this board.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Too bad Lucic didn't go to the Roxy, run into Zack, then they have a bar brawl. :lol:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Why do NHL players even bother with bars like that when out on road trips - especially in hostile territory? That would be like Kassian, Kesler and Bieksa heading out on the town in Chicago and hitting a blue-collar bar - start counting the seconds before some drunken bravo starts beaking and poking. You would think the team would have a policy on that type of stuff - because it creates no-win situations.

Granted Lucic is in his hometown and all, but you would think someone would be running interference for him so he doesn't land in such circumstances. Drunken idiots will be drunken idiots, even if Lucic is also a drunken idiot, so why take those risks?

Sorry, but I can't sign-on with any advocates of fan-on-player violence. Let the guys fight it out on the ice, but fans doing stuff like that just makes the city and the fans look bad. Just as insidious as those stories you hear of restaurants doctoring/poisoning food of known visiting players (cough-cough-Chicago-cough-cough) but even more-low-brow.
Last edited by Lancer on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Cornuck wrote:Your hatred and calls for violence are not welcome on this board.
Sorry Cornuck,

Will keep my emotions in check.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Lancer wrote:Why do NHL players even bother with bars like that when out on road trips - especially in hostile territory? That would be like Kassian, Kesler and Bieksa heading out on the town in Chicago and hitting a blue-collar bar - start counting the seconds before some drunken bravo starts beaking and poking. You would think the team would have a policy on that type of stuff - because it creates no-win situations.

Granted Lucic is in his hometown and all, but you would think someone would be running interference for him so he doesn't land in such circumstances. Drunken idiots will be drunken idiots, even if Lucic is also a drunken idiot, so why take those risks?

Sorry, but I can't sign-on with any advocates of fan-on-player violence. Let the guys fight it out on the ice, but fans doing stuff like that just makes the city and the fans look bad. Just as insidious as those stories you hear of restaurants doctoring poisoning food of known visiting players (cough-cough-Chicago-cough-cough) but even more-low-brow.
Agreed with this.

It's not like Canuck fans (or the drunkards) go too far out of their way to harass rival players. Guys like Lucic however, bring it on themselves with their conduct and stupid comments.

Joe Sakic absolutely lit up the Canucks during his playing career but was an absolute class act through and through. On the ice and off of it. Paul Kariya; same thing. Extremely classy guy.

Hence - they never had the kind of problems that this clown Lucic is facing.

Lucic's actions and constant trash talk (I.e. Disrespecting the Canucks before the 2012 all-star game, his on-ice thuggery, etc.) does not do him any favors with Vancouver locale's.

The Dark Indian Rises
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Your hatred and calls for violence are not welcome on this board.
Sorry Cornuck,

Will keep my emotions in check.
We've all heard that before. Grow up for Christ's sake.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Lancer wrote:Why do NHL players even bother with bars like that when out on road trips - especially in hostile territory? That would be like Kassian, Kesler and Bieksa heading out on the town in Chicago and hitting a blue-collar bar - start counting the seconds before some drunken bravo starts beaking and poking. You would think the team would have a policy on that type of stuff - because it creates no-win situations.
Pretty much this. You make $6M per year. If you're want a place to drink in Vancouver, buy a fucking bar.

Drunk 25 year olds will be drunk 25 year olds... but when you're paid the big bucks you probably shouldn't break your hand on some coke dealers forehead.

Hey Farhan, do you hate the Brunins? :P
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Island Nucklehead wrote:Hey Farhan, do you hate the Brunins? :P
It's slightly possible, lol.

On a weird note, yesterday and the day before was good for me. Got a lot of toxic emotion out of me that was apparently still in me since 11'.

I re-read some of my comments over these past few days and was a little shocked at some of the stuff I wrote.

I still dislike the Bruins, but I don't wish harm on anyone.

Can't explain what got into me these past few days.

The Dark Indian Rises
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Lancer wrote: ...

Sorry, but I can't sign-on with any advocates of fan-on-player violence. Let the guys fight it out on the ice, but fans doing stuff like that just makes the city and the fans look bad. Just as insidious as those stories you hear of restaurants doctoring poisoning food of known visiting players (cough-cough-Chicago-cough-cough) but even more-low-brow.
Agreed with this.

It's not like Canuck fans (or the drunkards) go too far out of their way to harass rival players.

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hopefully, a deranged fan gets the job done before Marchand leaves for the airport.

Hope someone puts a fucking bullet in his head before he leaves tonight.
:crazy:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Celebrities seem to forget that they are no longer regular people. They should carefully pick places to go. It is a price that they have to pay for being celebrities.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Night wrote:

On a weird note, yesterday and the day before was good for me. Got a lot of toxic emotion out of me that was apparently still in me since i was 11.

I re-read some of my comments over these past few days and was a little shocked at some of the stuff I wrote.

Can't explain what got into me these past few days.
Sounds like you need some professional help farhan. Helps just a phone-call away you know.