TSN loses NHL Hockey Rights

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: TSN loses NHL Hockey Rights

Post by ukcanuck »

Well one thing is for sure, if Sportsnet ever does the top ten greatest Canadian ever thing Gary Bettmen is going to make the list ahead of Don Cherry ...Never gonna hear Gary Bettman is a little prick out of those guys again.. :(

Edit: yes I know Butman is not Canadian....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Monopolies scare me and this deal gives Rogers a monopoly on broadcasting hockey games. They will get to decide what games we can choose from and how much. They won't have to cater to regional markets if they choose not too. I have no doubt they will get to influence start times, dates and days of the week for scheduling purposes.

It may very well turn out to be a good thing but I just don't like monopolies. As a Canuck fan I really am not interested in more games anyway. I barely struggle to get through the playoffs as it is so my viewing habits won't change too much if at all.

They can try to intice me by saying I can choose between 8-10 games on a Saturday but the reality for me is it won't matter. If the Canucks are not playing I won't watch. Most hockey is boring now a days so more of it doesn't excite me.

They've tried Sunday afternoon games in the playoffs and the ratings were not good in the US. Perhaps in Canada a Sunday afternoon game will go over.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote: If Rogers somehow implemented a way where every single leaves game was blacked out on my TV, that'd be OK too!
I love watching Leaf games/seasons .

The last 7 season full-seasons have been pretty much the same.

Get the hopes and dreams of Leaf Nation high early only to have that 18-wheeler go off the cliff.

Just like this season, started off great, now playing .500 hockey of late with a tough stretch of games ahead.

I encourage you to learn to hate the Leaves more Herb.

It can be SO rewarding!

I'm at the point now where I'd rather watch the Leaves lose than the Canucks win! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote: I love watching Leaf games/seasons .

The last 7 season full-seasons have been pretty much the same.

Get the hopes and dreams of Leaf Nation high early only to have that 18-wheeler go off the cliff.

Just like this season, started off great, now playing .500 hockey of late with a tough stretch of games ahead.

I encourage you to learn to hate the Leaves more Herb.

It can be SO rewarding!

I'm at the point now where I'd rather watch the Leaves lose than the Canucks win! :thumbs:
Oh I love tracking the overall picture. The hype, the overrated team and players and of course the 18-wheeler going off the cliff is the best part!

I just don't actually enjoy all that much actually watching the games. The sloppy bjs given out each broadcast by Healey, Cherry, Simpson and even Hughson make me want to puke. It's like a home town broadcast, but wait, it's being broadcast nationally. :crazy:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Treading a slippery slope doc....while I truly appreciate what you are saying...at the same time I must remind you to be careful... Laffsloss anonymous is right around the "corner"..

Your friend.. Rats
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Never gonna hear Gary Bettman is a little prick out of those guys again.. :(
I heard TSN is considering changing their name to BIALPN (Bettman Is A Little Prick Network).

So yeah just tune into TSN buddy, they're still gonna have their NHL commentary shows

(some of their best hockey people are signed to long deals).

Eventually though most of the best TSN folk will venture "across the parking lot" (as they like to call it).

Hmmm, haven't given this a lot of thought but if our resident pinkos hate it so much it must be a good thing.

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote: I just don't actually enjoy all that much actually watching the games. The sloppy bjs given out each broadcast by Healey, Cherry, Simpson and even Hughson make me want to puke. It's like a home town broadcast, but wait, it's being broadcast nationally. :crazy:
But watching it live, you can FEEL the wind go out of their sails! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Treading a slippery slope doc....while I truly appreciate what you are saying...at the same time I must remind you to be careful... Laffsloss anonymous is right around the "corner"..

Your friend.. Rats
When I start trolling Leafers on a regular basis... then I'll start to worry.

:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Treading a slippery slope doc....while I truly appreciate what you are saying...at the same time I must remind you to be careful... Laffsloss anonymous is right around the "corner"..

Your friend.. Rats
When I start trolling Leafers on a regular basis... then I'll start to worry.

:look:
So binging is ok...like I said just be careful..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I read at a Leaf message board for 2 hours after the 6-0 loss to Columbus the other night.

I laughed out loud for pretty much the entire 2 hours. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:I read at a Leaf message board for 2 hours after the 6-0 loss to Columbus the other night.

Laff out loud
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Never gonna hear Gary Bettman is a little prick out of those guys again.. :(
I heard TSN is considering changing their name to BIALPN (Bettman Is A Little Prick Network).

So yeah just tune into TSN buddy, they're still gonna have their NHL commentary shows

(some of their best hockey people are signed to long deals).

Eventually though most of the best TSN folk will venture "across the parking lot" (as they like to call it).

Hmmm, haven't given this a lot of thought but if our resident pinkos hate it so much it must be a good thing.

:mrgreen:

haha...hey
I thought monopoly was a capitalist word ??
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:I read at a Leaf message board for 2 hours after the 6-0 loss to Columbus the other night.

So you're a slow reader then.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hey Doc, which site makes for the most entertaining read as far as pointing and laughing at Maple Laugh fans go?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:

So you're a slow reader then.
Right, I like to read what slow people write. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.