Are the Canucks an "impact" forward away from being LEGIT?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Are the Canucks an "impact" forward away from being LEGI

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just trying to fuel the fires of intellectual debate, Blobby Old Milwaukees.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Should the Canucks tank it and put themselves in a position to draft Vancouver raised Sam Reinhart?

____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Should the Canucks tank it and put themselves in a position to draft Vancouver raised Sam Reinhart?
You've watched too many Edmonton Oilers' seasons and it's damaged your brain.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

*LOL* I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it'll happen though. The Nucks are a middle of the pack team and will battle hard for one of the last playoff spots. Plus, I'm sure the Aqua-man wants his team to make the playoffs for his playoff revenue. If the team is not even in contention and finishes among the last with that payroll, u know heads will roll.

Wow, is Sam Reinhart the consensus #1 pick? His old man played 1 year for us and he was probably one of the best d-men to ever wear our jersey. Most fans hoped he would of played for us a bit longer. He's raising good NHL prospects like a bunny rabbit. :P
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Just trying to fuel the fires of intellectual debate, Blobby Old Milwaukees.
:lol:

By the same logic I guess people who get the death penalty and are put down by lethal injection are just trying to advance medical science..

Seriously though, I don't think people who advocate tanking realize just how awful the worst teams in the league are right now, and also how far back we'd have to claw just to get to where we are now let alone to the top of the heap (and how much harder it would be if we did what it would take to be the 30th overall team).

What's worse is that if we intentionally got rid of enough players to be that bad, we wouldn't have a hope in hell of replacing them in free agency (and the good players we did have would probably walk unless we paid through the nose to keep them.. think about what guys like Mikko Koivu and Rick Nash and Travis Zajac and so on cost their desperate employers).
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just trying to fuel the fires of intellectual debate, Blobby Old Milwaukees.
:lol:

By the same logic I guess people who get the death penalty and are put down by lethal injection are just trying to advance medical science..

Seriously though, I don't think people who advocate tanking realize just how awful the worst teams in the league are right now, and also how far back we'd have to claw just to get to where we are now let alone to the top of the heap (and how much harder it would be if we did what it would take to be the 30th overall team).

What's worse is that if we intentionally got rid of enough players to be that bad, we wouldn't have a hope in hell of replacing them in free agency (and the good players we did have would probably walk unless we paid through the nose to keep them.. think about what guys like Mikko Koivu and Rick Nash and Travis Zajac and so on cost their desperate employers).
Intellectualism and BikerDude do not mix well...I can't believe he would advocate to tank like a hapless cOiler...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Canucks are an entire 2nd line from being legit plus a true #1 d-man.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:The Canucks are an entire 2nd line from being legit plus a true #1 d-man.
Pretty much agree with this. A quick fix rental trade for a Camelleri type won't amount to a hill of beans, we are too far away from contending to justify thus type of trade, but I fully expect Gillis to do something desperately stupid like this further fucking the future health of this club. He is not the man for the job. He has held onto this core group for too long. We need a Bold GM, Mike is hampered by his Players Agent loyalty
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shop any parts or all of Kesler, Burrows and Bieska to teams with a good young talent pool. I'd start with Kesler cause I think an amicable divorce is in the cards and both teams will benefit. I mention Burrows and Bieksa cause of their ages, the price on their heads are pretty decent but that window will be closing soon.

Bold moves?

Or more Derek Roy trades?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:The Canucks are an entire 2nd line from being legit plus a true #1 d-man.
Pretty much agree with this. A quick fix rental trade for a Camelleri type won't amount to a hill of beans, we are too far away from contending to justify thus type of trade, but I fully expect Gillis to do something desperately stupid like this further fucking the future health of this club. He is not the man for the job. He has held onto this core group for too long. We need a Bold GM, Mike is hampered by his Players Agent loyalty
I disagree, I think we have some good prospects and I don't want to see any stupid trades to get someone for only a few months. I would like to see a real opportunity being given to some of them next season and we wait for them to mature.

But I will still say this team right now has no 2nd line.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reef, do you believe there was any effort from any of the lines last night? Are you certain your handle references your aquarium and not your short term memory loss?

So folks were up in arms when I suggested the time was ripe to trade Burrows. I am having a good laugh at all the folks bitching about him now.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Topper wrote:So folks were up in arms when I suggested the time was ripe to trade Burrows. I am having a good laugh at all the folks bitching about him now.
I agreed with you then and what we have been witnessing is proof that he should have been shopped aggressively.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I like Burrows and what he brings to the team, I also think his current funk will get sorted, but I believe he is on the downwind leg of his career and the time was ripe before signing him to his current deal.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:Reef, do you believe there was any effort from any of the lines last night? Are you certain your handle references your aquarium and not your short term memory loss?

So folks were up in arms when I suggested the time was ripe to trade Burrows. I am having a good laugh at all the folks bitching about him now.
Do you look like your picture on here because you sometimes (or a lot of times) post like it?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Good answer. - LOL

Watching the young guys on Dallas and Florida the last couple of games gets me thinking of BoHo, Shank and Gaunce and I shiver with antici........ PATION!