Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Locked
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11509
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?
Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8315
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by rats19 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

We have a week...a whole week :santa: :cheers: :wave:
You are who you hang with.....

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Diehard1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?
Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not
It must mean something, I mean it sure worked for standouts Brandon Reid, Colton Gillies, Justin Pogge and Zach Boychuk right? All have had much better careers than Burrows and Bieksa who were nowhere near making the team.

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by vic » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!
Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8315
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by rats19 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:46 pm

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!
Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...
Conundrum hey vic... :scowl:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17150
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Strangelove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:20 pm

vic wrote: Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by ukcanuck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
vic wrote: Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....
I've been away for a bit... Has RD pumped the fat burke's tyres for starring in the EXACT same two dollar soap opera in Calgary yet?

waiting for it ...

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by SKYO » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11509
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 pm

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11509
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 pm

It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by SKYO » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:05 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?
from a 2nd to a 4th lol.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9672
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Topper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm

RoyalDude wrote:It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers
Do what I do, put Vic on your list.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
JonT21
CC Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by JonT21 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Omg we drafted Bryan Allen over Datsyuk!!!! what a joke of a franchise.

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by okcanuck » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:37 am

Good one jon. RD can disect all he wants . The fact remains that every team misses drafting gems every year.

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Tciso » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:39 pm

JonT21 wrote:Omg we drafted Bryan Allen over Datsyuk!!!! what a joke of a franchise.
And... every team passed on Burrows not one, not twice, but 9 freaking times.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

Locked