Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:03 am

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?

What is Horvat then, a god?

Obviously...
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:53 am

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?

I guess he could go the route of your boy and idol Dave Nonis and trade:

a 2nd round pick for Keith Carney (that 2nd could have been Milan Lucic)

a 3rd round pick for Eric Weinrich

a 2nd/4th for Brent Sopel

OR

He could have selected David Perron instead of Patrick White or PK Subban

OR

He could have taken Kopitar instead of (with all due respect) Luc Bourdon
Eric Karlsson instead of Cody Hodgson

Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....

Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Diehard1 wrote:

Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?

Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

We have a week...a whole week :santa: :cheers: :wave:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Diehard1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:

Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?

Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not

It must mean something, I mean it sure worked for standouts Brandon Reid, Colton Gillies, Justin Pogge and Zach Boychuk right? All have had much better careers than Burrows and Bieksa who were nowhere near making the team.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby vic » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:

Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:46 pm

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...

Conundrum hey vic... :scowl:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Strangelove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:20 pm

vic wrote:Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....

Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
vic wrote:Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....

Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....

I've been away for a bit... Has RD pumped the fat burke's tyres for starring in the EXACT same two dollar soap opera in Calgary yet?

waiting for it ...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 pm

SKYO wrote:

Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie

Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 pm

It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:05 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?

from a 2nd to a 4th lol.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm

RoyalDude wrote:It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers

Do what I do, put Vic on your list.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby JonT21 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Omg we drafted Bryan Allen over Datsyuk!!!! what a joke of a franchise.
JonT21
CC Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat