Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Tciso » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Maybe Hartnell was not a happy camper. After all, his GM said his contract was shit. That does not make a player happy. This looks like 2 teams swapping their problems. Slight edge to Columbus on this trade, but likely both teams will be better for it, especially if Hartnell was looking to get out.

Any one know the terms of his NMC? Did Hartnell have to waive his NMC for this trade? If so, that says it all.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Tciso wrote:Maybe Hartnell was not a happy camper. After all, his GM said his contract was shit. That does not make a player happy. This looks like 2 teams swapping their problems. Slight edge to Columbus on this trade, but likely both teams will be better for it, especially if Hartnell was looking to get out.

Any one know the terms of his NMC? Did Hartnell have to waive his NMC for this trade? If so, that says it all.

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 4m

So to be clear: Hartnell waived NMC when Hextall basically said "he was done there." #Flyers

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 2m

Hartnell: "You want to be somewhere where the team wants you and loves you." #Flyers

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2m

Scott Hartnell said the Flyers told him "he was done there." Said he decided today he wanted to join the #CBJ, a team excited to have him.

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Hartnell said "you want to be in a place where the team wants you and loves you and wants you to be part of their organization." #CBJ

FULL NMC.

Sounds like Philly said we don't want you and SH said well if you don't want me trade me.

I don't get it though, Hartnell is a team leader and a fan favorite.

Flyers should've gotten more for him even if his contract does take him to age 37.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Why can't we do that with a few of our guys on NTC?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Why can't we do that with a few of our guys on NTC?

Because Linden's too much of a Mr.NiceGuy to slam one of his players in public?

Hopefully Benning's not.

*stares angrily at Danielle Sedin*
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Island Nucklehead » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Why can't we do that with a few of our guys on NTC?

Or why can't our guys with NTC's have a little fire in the belly and agree to go where they are wanted, if only to say "fuck you look at me now" a year later. If players like Luongo and Kesler really wanted out, they'd agree to go to more than 1-2 teams. I hate the fact players with NTC's are able to demand a trade AND dictate where they go. If you want out, you should have to waive your NTC up front.

I'd take Hartnell on my team any day.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Word is Benning kicking the tires on an Erickson from Boston deal. Boston needs to clear cap, Louie hasn't lived up to the hype in Boston, and he is perhaps one concussion away from being Savard. Benning would know more that anyone what Louie's health status is. If Boston can't move him they be be in a cap dump situation. Interesting option if the price is right and I think he is only under contract for two more years, but I could be wrong.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Word is Benning kicking the tires on an Erickson from Boston deal. Boston needs to clear cap, Louie hasn't lived up to the hype in Boston, and he is perhaps one concussion away from being Savard. Benning would know more that anyone what Louie's health status is. If Boston can't move him they be be in a cap dump situation. Interesting option if the price is right and I think he is only under contract for two more years, but I could be wrong.

Interesting, wasn't it Benning that helped orchestrate the deal that brought Ericksson to Boston from Dallas?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Word is Benning kicking the tires on an Erickson from Boston deal. Boston needs to clear cap, Louie hasn't lived up to the hype in Boston, and he is perhaps one concussion away from being Savard. Benning would know more that anyone what Louie's health status is. If Boston can't move him they be be in a cap dump situation. Interesting option if the price is right and I think he is only under contract for two more years, but I could be wrong.

Interesting, wasn't it Benning that helped orchestrate the deal that brought Ericksson to Boston from Dallas?

Yes, he was part of that team that felt Seguin wasn't a Bruin type of player and helped get Ericksson. How significant his role or opinion was who knows.

I remember watching that clip on the Bruins war room where Benning spoke and I remember him saying how good Seguin was and the Bruins would miss his speed and goal production during the regular season, but not so much in the playoffs. And how he had had three years where they had worked with him to strengthen his game and play Bruin hockey and it was at the point where it was unlikely he would adapt his game to what they expected from him. Never said what all the problems were but the impression was Seguin didn't play tough enough, didn't play well defensively and didn't use his body to get in on the forecheck.

So who knows how impact full Benning was in all of that and who knows if that assessment was the right one.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Jovocop » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Eriksson played well with the Sedins in the Olympics (hopefully my memory serves me right). The Canucks might once again have the legitimate first line.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Trade Kesler for picks/prospect, move up to draft number one, trade for Ericksson, sign Stastny as a FA.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Per can barely contain himself!
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Trade Kesler for picks/prospect, move up to draft number one, trade for Ericksson, sign Stastny as a FA.

Sounds like a good plan!
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Meds wrote:

Yes, he was part of that team that felt Seguin wasn't a Bruin type of player and helped get Ericksson. How significant his role or opinion was who knows.

So who knows how impact full Benning was in all of that and who knows if that assessment was the right one.

And that Seguin trade will haunt Boston for a while when they dump Ericksson for pennies on the dollar so they can sign Iginla. Reilly Smith is fine and all, but Seguin was 4th in the league in scoring, and had 37 goals.

I'm not opposed to Ericksson. He did do well with the Sedins, but so did Jensen, so did Burrows. They are great players and make those they play with better. I guess it's the cost that has me worried. Will Benning "double down" on Eriksson, or try to get him for cheap given his Boston connection and the players' injury issues?
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Trade Kesler for picks/prospect, move up to draft number one, trade for Ericksson, sign Stastny as a FA.

Sounds like a good plan!

Then make a deal to get Karlsson, Silfverberg, and sign Douglas Murray.....exchange the green for gold and the orca for 3 crowns. We'll be dominant for 82 games and get bounced in 6 every spring. :P
Meds
CC Legend

Postby herb » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Boston got rolled in that Seguin trade. That was such a great pick-up for the Stars. How come nobody in Edmonton brings up the Tyler vs Taylor argument anymore?

Eriksson got two concussions last season, but if he can be picked up for cheap, why the hell not.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat