Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:17 pm

RoyalDude wrote:No Doc. I'd rather lose 4 straight to the sharks in the 1st round of the playoffs and then finish with the 6th worst record in the League the following season and currently have nowhere near the good young players in the team that the Sharks have. But hey, that's just me bro.
You do realize that "Dougie's" Sharks have lost 4 of their last 5 playoff series right?

You do realize that they are an older team than the Canucks right?

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_AverageAge.php

Besides that's NOT what I was asking.

I thought you wanted your Canucks to SUCK so as to accumulated some high draft picks.

I thought you DIDN'T want your Canucks to be a team that makes the playoffs only to LOSE.

I thought you were a BLOW IT UP MISS THE PLAYOFFS FULL REBUILD THEN BE A CONTENDER kinda guy.

Yeah cuz "Dougie" is more of a RETOOL kinda guy.... bro. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:No Doc. I'd rather lose 4 straight to the sharks in the 1st round of the playoffs and then finish with the 6th worst record in the League the following season and currently have nowhere near the good young players in the team that the Sharks have. But hey, that's just me bro.
You do realize that "Dougie's" Sharks have lost 4 of their last 5 playoff series right?

You do realize that they are an older team than the Canucks right?

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_AverageAge.php

Besides that's NOT what I was asking.

I thought you wanted your Canucks to SUCK so as to accumulated some high draft picks.

I thought you DIDN'T want your Canucks to be a team that makes the playoffs only to LOSE.

I thought you were a BLOW IT UP MISS THE PLAYOFFS FULL REBUILD THEN BE A CONTENDER kinda guy.

Yeah cuz "Dougie" is more of a RETOOL kinda guy.... bro. :drink:
duh, that's a bit deceptive. I mean, they've got a group of young, up and coming stars already producing i.e. Nieto, Hertl, and Couture up front. The Canucks' have, duh, Kassian that has shown he can be productive in the NHL in that age range.

The Canucks' need to have their versions of a Nieto and Hertl make the roster and contribute to the team.

Fossils like Boyle, which up their avg. age are being shown the door ... and I wouldn't be surprised if JUMBO Joe is next. :mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:26 pm

LOL at Doc. You rock, bro. Don't you ever change!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:50 pm

via: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

Kuzma speculates on various trade scenarios.

The one part that raised eyebrows was this passage that was a multiple trade scenario:
Expect the Ducks to come calling again during draft week. They need a strong, two-way centre behind Ryan Getzlaf and Kesler fits the bill. They have two first-round picks in the June 27-28 draft in Philadelphia and could also send a centre this way — not the untouchable Nick Bonino, 26, but maybe Mathieu Perreault, 26 — and winger Kyle Palmieri, 23.

Perreault had 18 goals in 69 games and the restricted free agent earned $1 million US this season. Palmieri had 14 goals in 71 games and has two years left at an annual $1.46 million cap hit.

The Canucks could hold out for big winger Devante Smith-Pelly, 21. He had five NHL playoff goals or the Ducks this spring after 27 goals in 55 AHL games and is an RFA, who had an $870,000 cap hit at the NHL level. At the very least, the Canucks would get a first-rounder and two young and affordable roster players.

If they did that deal, the Canucks could also look even further down the rebuild road. They could package the No. 6 pick in this draft and 2013 first-round pick Bo Horvat — projected as a third-round(sic) centre — to get the first-overall pick that the Florida Panthers are shopping. The Canucks can play centre Shawn Matthias on the third line. That concept would allow the Canucks to grab local centre Sam Reinhart, who will go in the top three picks, and still have the 24th overall pick from the Ducks in a Kesler swap.
So, is that a fair projection? Wasn't he suppose to be projected as someone that could be a top six like a Bergeron or Kesler (whom was also projected as a third line C when he was drafted)? :mex:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Betamax wrote: duh, that's a bit deceptive. I mean, they've got a group of young, up and coming stars already producing i.e. Nieto, Hertl, and Couture up front. The Canucks' have, duh, Kassian that has shown he can be productive in the NHL in that age range.

The Canucks' need to have their versions of a Nieto and Hertl make the roster and contribute to the team.

Fossils like Boyle, which up their avg. age are being shown the door ... and I wouldn't be surprised if JUMBO Joe is next. :mex:
Well JUMBO Joe was one of their Top 3 forwards last year and he turns 35 this off-season.

Mighty Marleau was one of their Top 3 forwards last year and he turns 35 this off-season.

Gentleman Joe Pavelski was one of their Top 3 forwards last year and he turns 30 this off-season.

Nicknameless Logan Couture would be next, and I'll give you that one, he's only 25.

Brent The Bastard Burns is next and he turns 30 next season (and has been struggling with injuries for 2 years).

Tomas The Turtle Hertl you say? He's played half a season in N America, UMMMM we'll see.

Matt Nobody Nieto you say? You've GOT to be kidding me! :lol:

Whatever, they DO have a few promising young players, but make no mistake

.... they are and have been a top REGULAR-season team due to their aging core.

All bets are off going forward with these few talented youngsters taking their place...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

RoyalDude wrote:LOL at Doc. You rock, bro. Don't you ever change!
So you DON'T have a comeback? :mex:

Yup that's what I thought. :thumbs:

Royal Cup Or Bust Dude says the example should be a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 playoff rounds!! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Doc bro, you forgot Vlasvic. He's 27. You might remember him on Team Canada at the Olympics
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Doc bro, you forgot Vlasvic. He's 27. You might remember him on Team Canada at the Olympics
Yeah, I'm sure he'll easily fill the legendary Dan Boyle's skates. :roll:

STILL laughing at you wanting your Canucks to be just like the Can't Win When It Matters Sharks. :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:LOL at Doc. You rock, bro. Don't you ever change!
So you DON'T have a comeback? :mex:

Yup that's what I thought. :thumbs:

Royal Cup Or Bust Dude says the example should be a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 playoff rounds!! :lol:
No Doc, it's just a haul doing this endless dance with this caricature you created who has a real pang to argue for the sake of arguing, some sort of displaced aggression but I digress, keep on keeping on bro

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Doc bro, you forgot Vlasvic. He's 27. You might remember him on Team Canada at the Olympics
Yeah, I'm sure he'll easily fill the legendary Dan Boyle's skates. :roll:

STILL laughing at you wanting your Canucks to be just like the Can't Win When It Matters Sharks. :lol:
Hey Doc, does your childless wife know what you're up to here? Is this the man she married? LMAO. The great Doc Strangelove!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote: No Doc, it's just a haul doing this endless dance with this caricature you created who has a real pang to argue for the sake of arguing, some sort of displaced aggression but I digress, keep on keeping on bro
RoyalDude wrote: Hey Doc, does your childless wife know what you're up to here? Is this the man she married? LMAO. The great Doc Strangelove!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 pm

I thought you were mad, bro

Doc, put the Internet down bro and go wine and dine that poor neglected wife of yours. Her vagina must be dryer than a nuns pussy

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Would anyone do Van Riemsdyk and Gardiner for Kesler?

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 pm

No
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 pm

TDA Rum wrote:Would anyone do Van Riemsdyk and Gardiner for Kesler?
not too shabby, however Kesler is a real murican and wants to play in the USA.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."