Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu May 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I am curious to see if the Hawks are buyers as well. TT + Shaw and a 2nd rd pick ?? TT + Leddy and a 1st rounder for Kesler and a 2nd. Hopefully he is moved and the rennovation can begin. i shudder to think management is considering building around two fossils down the middle.
The other one I'm curious about, and apparently is on Kesler's list, is Tampa. A kid like Nikita Kucherov could be that young sniper we're missing.

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu May 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Meds wrote:
Ummm.....I'm a season ticket holder, and I actually would be more than OK with the brutally honest truth.....blow it the fuck up. I think there are plenty of season ticket holders who feel the same way. Some of the former season ticket holders dumped their seats and walked away because of Gillis & Co. I think, for every fan, it had come to the point where you either thought that Gillis was selling you a bag of lies, or that he was absolutely retarded. Any fool can see that the Canucks are NOT a competitive team with the current roster, and that Gillis pinned this teams near future to the hope that our twin $7M anchors can bounce back.

To quote (paraphrase) Palpatine....."Do what must be done Lord Vader Jim Benning. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."
so you are a sth who lives in Terrace or Fraser Lake whatever that asshole of the province is. So you hop a bird to come down for the games on a paramedic's salary. Gesus Christ the bullshit is running thick here these days. Do you and Betamax sit together in the Captain's Crew ?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax » Thu May 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Canuck-One wrote: I am curious to see if the Hawks are buyers as well. TT + Shaw and a 2nd rd pick ?? TT + Leddy and a 1st rounder for Kesler and a 2nd. Hopefully he is moved and the rennovation can begin. i shudder to think management is considering building around two fossils down the middle.
I don't see the Hawks letting Shaw go -- a player that has proven he can have impact in the NHL. If they are in the buy Kesler bidding "war", I think TT and a pick and/or another unproven prospect is the most the Canucks can hope for. But I don't mind being wrong on this one. 8-)

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu May 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Betamax wrote:I don't see the Hawks letting Shaw go -- a player that has proven he can have impact in the NHL. If they are in the buy Kesler bidding "war", I think TT and a pick and/or another unproven prospect is the most the Canucks can hope for. But I don't mind being wrong on this one. 8-)
If they don't want to give up Shaw then they can fuckoff. :look:
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu May 29, 2014 7:13 pm

SKYO wrote:
Betamax wrote:I don't see the Hawks letting Shaw go -- a player that has proven he can have impact in the NHL. If they are in the buy Kesler bidding "war", I think TT and a pick and/or another unproven prospect is the most the Canucks can hope for. But I don't mind being wrong on this one. 8-)
If they don't want to give up Shaw then they can fuckoff. :look:
Honestly, I don't think the Hawks will make a big push for Kesler.

The Hawks only have $4.6M in cap space heading into next season. Granted, they don't have significant players to re-sign THIS summer (Ben Smith, Morin, Antii Raanta as RFA's), but they would absolutely need to move out some salary to sign enough roster players and fit Kesler into the mix.

Then there's NEXT summer, when both Kane and Toews hit UFA status. Chances are they are both signed, but you'd have to think matching $8.5M/per deals is likely. Hossa's deal is nearly un-movable, and if they could it's a lateral move (at best) offensively going Hossa-Kesler. Sharp, Bickell, Seabrook, Keith, Oduya and Hjarlmarsson have either full NTC's or limited ones and are unlikely to leave that situation willingly.

Given that they won a couple cups without him, I don't see the Hawks giving up the best offer for a chance to win with him. I see Anaheim, Tampa and Pittsburgh's new GM as the most willing to pony up significantly.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 pm

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Thu May 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Fantasies & socks. Warning signs of something.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 pm

sagebrush wrote:Fantasies & socks. Warning signs of something.
blindness
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Fri May 30, 2014 10:36 am

After the delusions and split personalities comes the incoherent muttering.

How can others not see things as clearly, they say.

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr » Fri May 30, 2014 11:10 am

Topper wrote:
sagebrush wrote:Fantasies & socks. Warning signs of something.
blindness
:lol:

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 am

Interesting read on how the Kings could buy out Mike Richards this summer.
next season, when Los Angeles will have 10 free agents – six restricted (Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson, Tyler Toffoli, Jordan Nolan, Jake Muzzin, Martin Jones) and four unrestricted (Justin Williams, Jarret Stoll, Robyn Regehr, Alec Martinez) – to re-sign or replace. Lombardi has managed the salary cap better than any GM in the NHL, so it’s a safe bet to assume that whatever he does this off-season he’ll do with next summer in mind.
IF Richards is bought out, he could be a great stop-gap in the event of a Kesler deal.
Take a look at Mike Richards’ résumé:
Memorial Cup, Kitchener Rangers, 2003
World Junior Championship gold, Team Canada, 2005
Calder Cup, Philadelphia Phantoms, 2005
Winter Olympics gold, Team Canada, 2010
Prince of Wales Trophy, Philadelphia Flyers, 2010
Clarence Campbell Bowl, Los Angeles Kings, 2012
Stanley Cup, Los Angeles Kings, 2012
There’s more:
Richards is the only NHLer to play in two series comebacks in which his team won a series after being behind three games to none. He did it with the Philadelphia Flyers against the Boston Bruins in 2010, and again with the Kings over the San Jose Sharks in the first round this year.
He’s also the only player to win the Memorial Cup, Calder Cup and Stanley Cup as a player.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:11 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:I would trade Kesler for Bonino+ Ottawa's 1st and Toronto's 2nd. Then Bonino can slide in as the #2 C. Or Emerson Etem + Ottawa's first and Anaheim's 1st, then sign Santorelli for 2nd line center.We need to get younger and that is a good start.

Come on man . We aren't getting three main pieces for Kesler. I take one of Etem/Smith-Pelly/Theodore + Ottawa's pick and fucking run. Kelser is a 45- 55 point good two way player. The way some people go on and on ,one would think he is the 70 point Selke finalist of 2008-11. He isn't and he likely won't be again. I would actually take the 10th and the 24th as well for 17.

I am curious to see if the Hawks are buyers as well. TT + Shaw and a 2nd rd pick ?? TT + Leddy and a 1st rounder for Kesler and a 2nd. Hopefully he is moved and the rennovation can begin. i shudder to think management is considering building around two fossils down the middle.
I'm really not worried about whatever we hear from management for the next few weeks, they are playing a game of poker and we will see what happens. I don't see Kes staying given he wants to win and this team needs some pretty major surgery and likely a couple of building years before that happens. I'm also expecting one of the top 4 dmen to be traded, who and where I have no idea.

Benning was the one pushing to trade Seguin in Boston, yes it wasn't a great trade (and I don't think he actually negotiated the deal, just that he voted to trade tyler) but it shows he's fine with the hard decisions. The decisions in Van land aren't nearly as difficult, the team sucks and needs to get younger, bigger and faster. Not hard to make that decision.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat May 31, 2014 8:38 am

Love reading posts by folks who think we can get something good in return for a 33 year old Burrows. It's better to keep him him for his veteren presence in the room for the kids coming up that is unless you don't want that and would rather just throw the keys at the kids to steer the ship like they do in Edmonton
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat May 31, 2014 9:07 am

RoyalDude wrote:Love reading posts by folks who think we can get something good in return for a 33 year old Burrows. It's better to keep him him for his veteren presence in the room for the kids coming up that is unless you don't want that and would rather just throw the keys at the kids to steer the ship like they do in Edmonton
But you told us all that the Oilers were going to be a dominant team
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax » Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:Interesting read on how the Kings could buy out Mike Richards this summer.
next season, when Los Angeles will have 10 free agents – six restricted (Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson, Tyler Toffoli, Jordan Nolan, Jake Muzzin, Martin Jones) and four unrestricted (Justin Williams, Jarret Stoll, Robyn Regehr, Alec Martinez) – to re-sign or replace. Lombardi has managed the salary cap better than any GM in the NHL, so it’s a safe bet to assume that whatever he does this off-season he’ll do with next summer in mind.
IF Richards is bought out, he could be a great stop-gap in the event of a Kesler deal.
Take a look at Mike Richards’ résumé:
Memorial Cup, Kitchener Rangers, 2003
World Junior Championship gold, Team Canada, 2005
Calder Cup, Philadelphia Phantoms, 2005
Winter Olympics gold, Team Canada, 2010
Prince of Wales Trophy, Philadelphia Flyers, 2010
Clarence Campbell Bowl, Los Angeles Kings, 2012
Stanley Cup, Los Angeles Kings, 2012
There’s more:
Richards is the only NHLer to play in two series comebacks in which his team won a series after being behind three games to none. He did it with the Philadelphia Flyers against the Boston Bruins in 2010, and again with the Kings over the San Jose Sharks in the first round this year.
He’s also the only player to win the Memorial Cup, Calder Cup and Stanley Cup as a player.
As another individual on these forums once asked, "UMMMM who the fuck is Ronnie Shuker and why the fuck would anyone give a fuck about his hockey opinion?

(pardon my french)"

8-)

Anyway, I would be very surprised if it gets to the point that Richards has negative trade value that a buyout is the only viable option. I see teams i.e. The soon to be Brooklyn Islanders needing to do everything in their power to make it to the Playoffs next season or at least not finish with a high 1st rnd draft pick in 2015 that they should make a move for him if he is made available to avoid a colossal embarrassment to the franchise when they traded away their pick for Vanek.

For reference: http://www.capgeek.com/islanders/

:mex: