Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I don't see how this is a good deal for Buffalo. Boi if this is an indication on the best that the sellers can get? Yikes

3 first round picks now for buffalo
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 pm

I wonder if this messes with St. Louis though. Miller has a bit of a reputation as being a whiner, that could be fabricated though. Moving out pieces like Halak and Stewart is a pretty big move as they have both been pretty big parts of the Blues success over the last couple of seasons. It's bold, I will give it that, and it could backfire on St. Louis in a big way.....if they bow out of the playoffs early and then can't re-sign Miller or Ott, then they just gave up some nice pieces for nothing.

I wish Gillis would take chances like this though.....
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Speaking of Buffalo, I wonder what are the chances of getting Tyler Myers? We can offer something like Kes + Tanev for Myers + a prospect? I wouldn't mind getting our own version of Big Z and Kes can join his old lil buddy CoHo. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:35 pm

A thought.....unrelated to the Buffalo/St. Louis deal.....

It made no sense for Luongo to not get the start coming back from the Olympics and having been resting up in the backup role for a week and a bit. It makes less sense for Lack to get the start tonight against Minnesota, I know that coaches often just ride the hot hand, but I also thought that Tortorella made one very telling comment that perhaps flew beneath the radar....
"Lack was outstanding," Vancouver head coach John Tortorella said of his rookie goaltender. "Key saves at key times. He calms this team down."

I know rumors are just rumors, but I wonder if the trade nobody expects to see Gillis make is one that sends Luongo out of town? That would certainly line up with Lou not getting playing time right now, if there is a deal very close to being done and Gillis doesn't want to risk an injury to the key piece in the puzzle.

Just a thought.....
Meds
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Myers is struggling, serious back issues as well. Wouldn't touch him
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:38 pm

So much for Kesler to St Louis :mex:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Myers is struggling, serious back issues as well. Wouldn't touch him

Might be the best time to get him, buy low. Shinkaruk + Sauve for Myers. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Talking trades for a team run by Mike 'Miss The Boat' Gillis is a waste of time. Nothing of any significance will happen other than his patented 3rd and 4th line player tinkering. Bring on the reclamation projects! Exciting.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:45 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Talking trades for a team run by Mike 'Miss The Boat' Gillis is a waste of time. Nothing of any significance will happen other than his patented 3rd and 4th line player tinkering. Bring on the reclamation projects! Exciting.

Probably true at this point. :P
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

black ace wrote:Miller and Ott are pulled from the Sabres line-up tonight. Bob McKenzie posts that the Sabres, Blues and Ottawa were talking earlier in the week....

Of course its all made up right ????? The insiders dont have real sources right ???????

Like i said 99.9% of stuff from the talking heads are nothing more than hot air.

Some things they do have some inside information but again right now all GM's are talking. It is part of their job to talk to other GM it does not mean there is even a single ounce of truth to a deal getting done.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:22 pm

So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I don't see how this is a good deal for Buffalo. Boi if this is an indication on the best that the sellers can get? Yikes

3 first round picks now for buffalo

You must be joking. Miller and Ott walk at the end of the year, and now they can flip Halak. The get Stewart for another year (or they can trade him too).

The 1st rounder is apparently in 2015, and the 3rd in 2016.

Buffalo gets bigger, younger and better going from Ott to Stewart. They lose going Miller to Halak, but not massively so, and they pick up a 1st, a former (last year) 2nd, and a 3rd round pick.

Not bad at all. Obviously St Louis intends to go for it, because they gave up A LOT for two rental players.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy

I see nothing about this on TSN.

Source?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy

I see nothing about this on TSN.

Source?

My source cannot be revealed

I think it was LeBrun or Doug MacLean, LOL
Last edited by RoyalDude on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Bob Rossi on Twitter: #pens did pitch #Canucks on Kessler before Olympics. Hearing Sutter, Pouliot part of those talks. That was before Letang situation.

Basically what the Penguins got for Staal. Pittsburgh would have to add.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat