Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:33 am

rats19 wrote:Meds.. What did you do with weber??


:whistle:

Fuck me. I think I left him at the airport there rats..... :bang:

:mex:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 am

Meds wrote:
rats19 wrote:Meds.. What did you do with weber??


:whistle:

Fuck me. I think I left him at the airport there rats..... :bang:

:mex:


shit happens..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby The Brown Knight » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:33 am

If the rumors are true and Christian Erhoff truly is available, then I honestly think we should make a bid. Period.

IF the Sabres are willing to deal Erhoff back to Van, then I'd be willing to hold off on to this core for a little while longer and give them another shot.

Bring back Erhoff and Torres in separate deals.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:37 am

The Brown Knight wrote:If the rumors are true and Christian Erhoff truly is available, then I honestly think we should make a bid. Period.

IF the Sabres are willing to deal Erhoff back to Van, then I'd be willing to hold off on to this core for a little while longer and give them another shot.

Bring back Erhoff and Torres in separate deals.

Can we get Geoff Courtnal out of retirement while we're living in the past.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5015
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby The Brown Knight » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 am

2011 wasn't that long ago.

1994 was 20 years ago.

Bottom line? Erhoff and Torres shouldn't be all that far off from their 2011 selves.

Fuck it - I'd go "all balls in" if the Sabres actually were shopping Erhoff after paying him such a huge sum of money.

Torres shouldn't be too difficult to bring back either.

What's wrong with the idea of bringing back players that were a part of our 2011 run? Especially players that were successful for us?

Think Erhoff would help our power play much?
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:24 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:If the rumors are true and Christian Erhoff truly is available, then I honestly think we should make a bid. Period.

IF the Sabres are willing to deal Erhoff back to Van, then I'd be willing to hold off on to this core for a little while longer and give them another shot.

Bring back Erhoff and Torres in separate deals.


Who do you give up for Torres.....I mean that Wilson and the Sharks actually want to take?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby The Brown Knight » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:43 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:Who do you give up for Torres.....I mean that Wilson and the Sharks actually want to take?


Maybe a low end draft pick or a mid-level prospect. Torres hasn't played all year and so his trade value would likely be lower than normal.

I know it sounds very counter-intuitive, and that the Canucks probably should be doing the EXACT OPPOSITE (i.e. getting younger, re-tooling, etc.), but seriously..............

Erhoff and Torres were pretty solid pieces for us in 2011, and 2011 wasn't all that long ago.

If you had a chance to re-assemble that 2011 team.......a.k.a. one of the greatest teams ever assembled.........then fuck it......why WOULDN'T someone want to go that route?

Even if I'm being ridiculous here, I'd seriously offer Horvat and Shinkaruk for Erhoff, Hodgson, and whatever else that would make the deal fair (I'm guessing that Buffalo would have do give something else on there end).

Sounds nuts, but seriouly.........why not? Why not go this route if the opportunity was there?
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Meds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:Who do you give up for Torres.....I mean that Wilson and the Sharks actually want to take?


Maybe a low end draft pick or a mid-level prospect. Torres hasn't played all year and so his trade value would likely be lower than normal.

I know it sounds very counter-intuitive, and that the Canucks probably should be doing the EXACT OPPOSITE (i.e. getting younger, re-tooling, etc.), but seriously..............

Erhoff and Torres were pretty solid pieces for us in 2011, and 2011 wasn't all that long ago.

If you had a chance to re-assemble that 2011 team.......a.k.a. one of the greatest teams ever assembled.........then fuck it......why WOULDN'T someone want to go that route?


I was actually asking seriously btw, not making fun of the idea to get Torres back. I think he was a real sparkplug for the team in 2011 and Gillis fucked up by not re-signing him. But I also think there is a reason that Wilson signed him to a $2M extension with a modified NTC after acquiring him from Phoenix. Torres has been on some deep playoff runs, and he always contributes at key times. When he's not putting the puck in the net he's hitting someone and setting the pace. He can be a fantastic net presence, a very good forechecking winger, a pest, and an adequate scrapper. I don't think Wilson lets him go unless it is for a very good deal on San Jose's part.

TBK wrote:Even if I'm being ridiculous here, I'd seriously offer Horvat and Shinkaruk for Erhoff, Hodgson, and whatever else that would make the deal fair (I'm guessing that Buffalo would have do give something else on there end).

Sounds nuts, but seriouly.........why not? Why not go this route if the opportunity was there?


That's the dumbest thing I've read. I realize you said you're being ridiculous....but then you said you would seriously do it. Our top 2 prospects, probably in a decade, and you offer them up for Ehrhoff and Hodgson? 'Hoff is a good PPQB, and really good skating, puck rushing defenseman, but he's not a Shea Weber/Zdeno Chara blueline anchor. Hodgson is a self-overrated disaster.....offensive talent, but absolutely no heart and no interest in playing defense.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby black ace » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 pm

The Canucks arent trading for Erhoff.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby black ace » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Miller and Ott are pulled from the Sabres line-up tonight. Bob McKenzie posts that the Sabres, Blues and Ottawa were talking earlier in the week....

Of course its all made up right ????? The insiders dont have real sources right ???????
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby black ace » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Renauld Lavoie of TVA reporting Halak to Buffalo for Ryan Miller
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby black ace » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:02 pm

To St Louis: Miller & Ott
To Buffalo:Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, 2015 1st rounder, 2016 3rd rounder
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby Mondi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

I like this trade from Sabres perspective.

Halak is a UFA who could be brought back if needed. Stewart is the best player in the deal. And a first to boot.

For two ageing vets who aren't going to do anything to help the Sabres rebuild.

Good deal.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby black ace » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Mondi wrote:I like this trade from Sabres perspective.

Halak is a UFA who could be brought back if needed. Stewart is the best player in the deal. And a first to boot.

For two ageing vets who aren't going to do anything to help the Sabres rebuild.

Good deal.


Buffalo gets a player, a prospect (2013 2nd rounder) a 1st and a 3rd plus a starting goalie. Thats a very good return imo.

Still a chance they flip either Stewart and or Halak as well.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Young Chris Stewart is on his way to becoming a premier journeyman. All the tools, no heart
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BladesofSteel, CorranHorn and 4 guests