Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Re: In a perfect world (Proposal)

Post by Knucklehead »

RyanGinger wrote:2013-14 TRADE DEADLINE
1) TRADE – TO WPG: RICHARDSON, HANSEN, BOOTH, WELSH, WEISE, 2nd
````````````````TO VAN: KANE blah, blah, blah.
I read that post and realized it was a bad day to quit drinking, so here goes: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Nope it stil doesn't make sense, not for us nor for Winterpeg. We give up too much depth for one player and the Jets would want an impact player for Kane, none of which is being offered.

The second proposal, excuse me for a second, :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: I may be able to express my feelings about it now. :shock: where is the puke smilie, one is needed here.

You are essentially offering up 4 1st round picks or the equivalent for Johannsen, a 24th overall pick in the 2009 draft that has never scored 50 points in any level of hockey, I might put up that package for Kane if Gaunce or the 1st were take out.

And how can "SCHROEDER/ALBERTS/TOMMERNES" even be an option as if these three have remotely the same relative value?

Please tell me RyanGinger are you a flames or leaves fan as I cannot conceive of any Canucks fan proposing this crap.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Knucklehead wrote:
````````````````TO VAN: KANE blah, blah, blah.
I read that post
That was your first mistake.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

````````````````TO VAN: KANE
Kudos for the effort but Pass.

Like Knucklehead said, too much depth for 1 player.

Kane might be able to help get us into the playoffs but Richardson, Hansen, Booth and Weise are the players that will help us get deep into the playoffs.

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Zac Dalpe ($0.550m) / Darren Archibald ($0.660m) as a 4th line is not a sustainable 4th line. Weise is very much needed on this team.
RyanGinger wrote: 2) TRADE – TO WSH: TANEV, SCHROEDER/ALBERTS/TOMMERNES, JENSEN, GAUNCE, 1st, 3rd
````````````````TO VAN: JOHANSSON, STRACHAN (For cap compliance)
Johansson plays on Washington's top line.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... hird-line/

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Fehr-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Beagle-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson
Alzner-Carlson
Schmidt-Green
Urbom-Strachan
Neuvirth, Holtby

Tanev would definitely be an upgrade on their back end but Tanev plus "SCHROEDER/ALBERTS/TOMMERNES, JENSEN, GAUNCE" is not nearly enough for a first line player.

Washington's achilles heel is balanced goal scoring. Nobody is in double digit goal totals except for Ovie and of course, goals are what we are desperately seeking. If we want Johansson, our offer needs to include goals (or potential goals). Every player that we have that fits into that mold makes too much.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

mathonwy wrote: Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Zac Dalpe ($0.550m) / Darren Archibald ($0.660m) as a 4th line is not a sustainable 4th line. Weise is very much needed on this team.
IMHO I can't see us winning a cup this year. If we can just have a pretty bad bottom 6 for 1/4 of this season 2014-15 will be a lot better (Higgins-Horvat-Santorelli) if everything proposed happens.

Knucklehead wrote:We give up too much depth for one player
Mondi wrote:Trading away virtually all of our forward depth
mathonwy wrote: Like Knucklehead said, too much depth for 1 player.
(about the Kane trade) I know how much we're giving away in this, but look at our 2014-15 Lineup after. Keep in mind, I would NEVER do this trade by itself. I'd only do it if what I also proposed was to happen.

Knucklehead wrote:Jets would want an impact player for Kane, none of which is being offered.
Depending on how the 2014-15 cap ends up, they could have enough cap space left to sign a guy like Moulson. Also, the deal would only go through if Booth can get some positive value, which seems very possible.
22-33-17
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Change your name to Dime Bag Darrel.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Wait, people are saying they wouldn't trade five depth players ( :lol: ) and a second round pick ( :lol: :lol: ) for Evander Kane because of what it would do to our depth?

They'd turn down a trade that is "quality for quantity" in it's purest form? Fans of a team with a plethora of "top nine" type players and a distinct lack of legitimate, every day offensive producers?

Give me a break guys. :lol:

If this trade doesn't happen it's because the Jets don't want to trade a player of Kane's ability, age and contract situation for five depth players (or much more likely because we occupy reality and nobody authorized to make trades for a hockey team would even bother making such an asinine offer in the first place).
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Seriously, every time I think about this I laugh.

I'd do that deal a thousand times out of a thousand, hell we could call up the Comets fourth line and give them two shifts a night and spread the remaining ice time out among our two first lines..
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RyanGinger wrote:
2013-14 TRADE DEADLINE
No way we should give up that much depth. That would be an absolute terrible deal.

Personally - I'd give up Kassian, Hansen, Tanev, and a 1st.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
RyanGinger wrote:
2013-14 TRADE DEADLINE
No way we should give up that much depth. That would be an absolute terrible deal.

So two fewer players, two of whom are upgrades to the original proposal, and a more valuable pick?

Ok then....
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Mëds wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
RyanGinger wrote:
2013-14 TRADE DEADLINE

So two fewer players, two of whom are upgrades to the original proposal, and a more valuable pick?

Ok then....

Again - depth. What's the point of getting Kane if you give up THAT much depth to the point where you entire bottom 6 would be completely decimated?

The Jets are going to want some significant pieces if they are going to move a guy like Kane. Why would they want 4 scrubs and Hansen?

If we're even thinking of getting a guy like Kane, it's not going to be easy. Not at all.

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Mëds wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:

Ok then....

Again - depth. What's the point of getting Kane if you give up THAT much depth to the point where you entire bottom 6 would be completely decimated?

The Jets are going to want some significant pieces if they are going to move a guy like Kane. Why would they want 4 scrubs and Hansen?

If we're even thinking of getting a guy like Kane, it's not going to be easy. Not at all.
I don't think either move is good, that's why I've said all along that we ship out a top 4 defenseman (preferably Edler) and then throw in A depth player and/or pick, that isn't first round, in exchange for Kane.

Then Booth gets shopped with a depth player and/or pick, that isn't a first, in exchange for a top 4 defenseman. The timing is almost right for this. Booth is trending up at the moment, and if he continues with his recent play he might have some value.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Moving one of our Top 4 defenseman would be a very bad move in my opinion.

Defense is one area where a top CANNOT afford to be thin.

Sure - things look rosy on our D right now, but we haven't had any significant injuries back there. If you have more Edler or any other Top 4 D guy for offensive help, you are always 1 guy away from having a fairly vulnerable defensive corps.

The only way you ever consider moving a Top 4 defensemen for forward help, is if you have 1-2 superstar defensemen (i.e. like Chicago does with Keith and Seabrook, or like how LA has with Doughty). If you don't have a superstar on defense, you better damn make sure that your depth back there is guaranteed.

The Dark Indian Rises
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

It's like watching two guys argue over whether it would be better to bend Scarlett Johansson over their kitchen table, or whether it's too rickety and she should be bent over the couch instead.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

dbr wrote:It's like watching two guys argue over whether it would be better to bend Scarlett Johansson over their kitchen table, or whether it's too rickety and she should be bent over the couch instead.
Couch. Definitely the couch.

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
dbr wrote:It's like watching two guys argue over whether it would be better to bend Scarlett Johansson over their kitchen table, or whether it's too rickety and she should be bent over the couch instead.
Couch. Definitely the couch.
The table is a better option.