Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:I think it is painfully obvious to everyone by now that Booth is toast here. I like the idea of moving him for Erat if we could. Get him off the team and see if Erat can bring anything to the third or 4th line heading into the home stretch and playoffs. A one for one swap. He certainly can't do any worse than a Booth.
Couldn't hurt to try it. I'm surprised Booth hasn't asked for a trade yet, he just doesn't fit in on this team and won't anytime soon. At least he only has next year left on his deal.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think it is painfully obvious to everyone by now that Booth is toast here. I like the idea of moving him for Erat if we could. Get him off the team and see if Erat can bring anything to the third or 4th line heading into the home stretch and playoffs. A one for one swap. He certainly can't do any worse than a Booth.
Couldn't hurt to try it. I'm surprised Booth hasn't asked for a trade yet, he just doesn't fit in on this team and won't anytime soon. At least he only has next year left on his deal.
This is actually one of the things that surprises me. He is going into the last year of his contract, and one has to think that he would want to maximize his chances of getting a new deal somewhere that isn't a massive cut in pay. Based on his last few season's performances I can't see him making more than half of what he is currently getting. So why not ask for a trade when it is abundantly clear that this is just not the right fit.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Maybe he truly is dumb as the post he has hit twice.. :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He may be better suited for the east.
The only HW the Canucks need
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

I'd be very surprised if they hadn't already tried to trade Booth. Who's going to take him? His salary makes him virtually untradeable, even if Gillis was willing to retain some salary we would most likely have to add. Better off just holding onto him and buying out in the offseason. I think an Erat for Booth swap would be worth a shot for both teams.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No thanks to Erat. This team needs some bigger bodies for the third and 4th lines, not smaller ones and ERat is not good enough to play in the top 6.

Booth will have to be dealt in the off season. The one buyout remaining will be used on Luongo. Kind of a blessing that Booth was injured last summer and didn't get bought out. Then we would be stuck with Luongo's contract until he retired. Thanks a lot Burke you fat cunt.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:No thanks to Erat. This team needs some bigger bodies for the third and 4th lines, not smaller ones and ERat is not good enough to play in the top 6.

Booth will have to be dealt in the off season. The one buyout remaining will be used on Luongo. Kind of a blessing that Booth was injured last summer and didn't get bought out. Then we would be stuck with Luongo's contract until he retired. Thanks a lot Burke you fat cunt.
We are going to buyout Luongo this summer?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: We are going to buyout Luongo this summer?
That's what the Great Strangelove has been saying since the Schneider trade. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:No thanks to Erat. This team needs some bigger bodies for the third and 4th lines, not smaller ones and ERat is not good enough to play in the top 6.

I'd rather stick w/ Booth than bring in Erat...but thats not saying much.

Almost no chance Luongo gets bought out, get serious. That option ended when Schneider was dealt. If Aqua wouldn't shell out last year do you really think he will a year later and w/ Cory gone to boot? Booth is only tradable if there's a team trying to hit the cap floor, which is a possibility. Most likely he'll be bought out though.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Luongo is untradeable because of the huge penalties for back diving contracts which will kick in when he retires early . We can thank Burke and Bettman for that. If they would have grandfathered the contracts in there wouldn't be as much difficulty dealing him . It must also be obvious to anyone with half a brain that he doesn't want to be here anymore. The buyout would cost Aquilini about 1.8 million a year for the next decade and a half . Chump change really
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

That's just stupid. Luongo isn't going to be bought out, nor should he. You don't buyout players who are actually playing well, like Luongo, and living up to his cap hit.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:Kassian + Tanev + 2nd for Evander Kane? :look:

That's somewhat comparable to M.Richards for Simmonds+Schenn+2nd.
No way I move the big falla right now, he's starting to come to his own. I would't even do Kassassian for E.Kane 1 for 1.
That's a little crazy too. Kane is younger than Kassian, and is a proven 30 goal scorer already. Kassian hasn't even hit double digits in goals as of yet. In fact, Kassian likely doesn't even get 20 points this season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The_Pauser wrote:

That's just stupid. Luongo isn't going to be bought out, nor should he. You don't buyout players who are actually playing well, like Luongo, and living up to his cap hit.
No you are just stupid..... But that isn't my point. It's the fucking contract and the implications and penalties that will be attached to the Canucks when he retires early . Luongo has played ok but that isn't the point. It's the future pain of the contract and the fact he doesn't want to be here long term
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:

No you are just stupid..... But that isn't my point. It's the fucking contract and the implications and penalties that will be attached to the Canucks when he retires early . Luongo has
I'm stupid because I called the idea of buying out a top 10 goalie with a great cap hit stupid? LOL okay then. At what point do you bring logic into the argument?

How do you know Luongo will retire early? I say we deal with the situation when it happens. Look at Chris Pronger. He signed one of those long-term contracts on a 35+ contract to boot, yet the Flyers will never be penalized for that mess up.

Also, do you really think the Aquilinis will spend $25M to buyout Luongo? Maybe you are some crazy billionaire, but I can tell you the Aquilinis will not buy him out. The whole notion of it is completely idiotic.
Last edited by The_Pauser on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The buyout would cost Aquilini about 1.8 million a year for the next decade and a half . Chump change really
My impression is that the player gets his buy out money up front and that $1.8mil per is the lingering cap hit.

Anyone know for sure?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.