Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:Who do you give up for Torres.....I mean that Wilson and the Sharks actually want to take?
Maybe a low end draft pick or a mid-level prospect. Torres hasn't played all year and so his trade value would likely be lower than normal.

I know it sounds very counter-intuitive, and that the Canucks probably should be doing the EXACT OPPOSITE (i.e. getting younger, re-tooling, etc.), but seriously..............

Erhoff and Torres were pretty solid pieces for us in 2011, and 2011 wasn't all that long ago.

If you had a chance to re-assemble that 2011 team.......a.k.a. one of the greatest teams ever assembled.........then fuck it......why WOULDN'T someone want to go that route?
I was actually asking seriously btw, not making fun of the idea to get Torres back. I think he was a real sparkplug for the team in 2011 and Gillis fucked up by not re-signing him. But I also think there is a reason that Wilson signed him to a $2M extension with a modified NTC after acquiring him from Phoenix. Torres has been on some deep playoff runs, and he always contributes at key times. When he's not putting the puck in the net he's hitting someone and setting the pace. He can be a fantastic net presence, a very good forechecking winger, a pest, and an adequate scrapper. I don't think Wilson lets him go unless it is for a very good deal on San Jose's part.
TBK wrote: Even if I'm being ridiculous here, I'd seriously offer Horvat and Shinkaruk for Erhoff, Hodgson, and whatever else that would make the deal fair (I'm guessing that Buffalo would have do give something else on there end).

Sounds nuts, but seriouly.........why not? Why not go this route if the opportunity was there?
That's the dumbest thing I've read. I realize you said you're being ridiculous....but then you said you would seriously do it. Our top 2 prospects, probably in a decade, and you offer them up for Ehrhoff and Hodgson? 'Hoff is a good PPQB, and really good skating, puck rushing defenseman, but he's not a Shea Weber/Zdeno Chara blueline anchor. Hodgson is a self-overrated disaster.....offensive talent, but absolutely no heart and no interest in playing defense.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

The Canucks arent trading for Erhoff.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Miller and Ott are pulled from the Sabres line-up tonight. Bob McKenzie posts that the Sabres, Blues and Ottawa were talking earlier in the week....

Of course its all made up right ????? The insiders dont have real sources right ???????
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Renauld Lavoie of TVA reporting Halak to Buffalo for Ryan Miller
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

To St Louis: Miller & Ott
To Buffalo:Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, 2015 1st rounder, 2016 3rd rounder
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Mondi wrote:I like this trade from Sabres perspective.

Halak is a UFA who could be brought back if needed. Stewart is the best player in the deal. And a first to boot.

For two ageing vets who aren't going to do anything to help the Sabres rebuild.

Good deal.
Buffalo gets a player, a prospect (2013 2nd rounder) a 1st and a 3rd plus a starting goalie. Thats a very good return imo.

Still a chance they flip either Stewart and or Halak as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Young Chris Stewart is on his way to becoming a premier journeyman. All the tools, no heart
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't see how this is a good deal for Buffalo. Boi if this is an indication on the best that the sellers can get? Yikes

3 first round picks now for buffalo
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I wonder if this messes with St. Louis though. Miller has a bit of a reputation as being a whiner, that could be fabricated though. Moving out pieces like Halak and Stewart is a pretty big move as they have both been pretty big parts of the Blues success over the last couple of seasons. It's bold, I will give it that, and it could backfire on St. Louis in a big way.....if they bow out of the playoffs early and then can't re-sign Miller or Ott, then they just gave up some nice pieces for nothing.

I wish Gillis would take chances like this though.....
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Speaking of Buffalo, I wonder what are the chances of getting Tyler Myers? We can offer something like Kes + Tanev for Myers + a prospect? I wouldn't mind getting our own version of Big Z and Kes can join his old lil buddy CoHo. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A thought.....unrelated to the Buffalo/St. Louis deal.....

It made no sense for Luongo to not get the start coming back from the Olympics and having been resting up in the backup role for a week and a bit. It makes less sense for Lack to get the start tonight against Minnesota, I know that coaches often just ride the hot hand, but I also thought that Tortorella made one very telling comment that perhaps flew beneath the radar....
"Lack was outstanding," Vancouver head coach John Tortorella said of his rookie goaltender. "Key saves at key times. He calms this team down."
I know rumors are just rumors, but I wonder if the trade nobody expects to see Gillis make is one that sends Luongo out of town? That would certainly line up with Lou not getting playing time right now, if there is a deal very close to being done and Gillis doesn't want to risk an injury to the key piece in the puzzle.

Just a thought.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Myers is struggling, serious back issues as well. Wouldn't touch him
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

So much for Kesler to St Louis :mex:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:Myers is struggling, serious back issues as well. Wouldn't touch him
Might be the best time to get him, buy low. Shinkaruk + Sauve for Myers. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Talking trades for a team run by Mike 'Miss The Boat' Gillis is a waste of time. Nothing of any significance will happen other than his patented 3rd and 4th line player tinkering. Bring on the reclamation projects! Exciting.