Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote:haha on a more serious note b mack solidifies Florida's all sale mode, everyones available except:
Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Goc.

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=131466
Sooooo.....

Outside of perhaps Matthias, maybe Kulikov and Petrovic, nobody that would interest any other GM unless they want to absorb an absurd contract or get the player for a song. Tallon better dance a pretty step to get out of the corner into which he painted himself. Hope some other gives him some prison love as a result, and I wouldn't be disappointed if that GM was Gillis.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

A post on CDC said the Jets were considering offers for Kane. http://forum.canucks.com/topic/353474-s ... nder-kane/
Not happy in Winnipeg apparently.
22-33-17
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

The Blackhawks acquired Kris Versteeg from the Florida Panthers...

Along with Versteeg, the Blackhawks have also acquired Phillippe Lefebrve and will send Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen to Florida. The Panthers will take on half of Versteeg's remaining salary.
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/bl ... g-panthers
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lancer wrote:
SKYO wrote:b mack solidifies Florida's all sale mode, everyones available except:
Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Goc.

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=131466
Outside of perhaps Matthias, maybe Kulikov and Petrovic, nobody that would interest any other GM unless they want to absorb an absurd contract or get the player for a song. Tallon better dance a pretty step to get out of the corner into which he painted himself. Hope some other gives him some prison love as a result, and I wouldn't be disappointed if that GM was Gillis.
Yup all it took was Florida retaining 50% salary on Versteeg to get it done!

From Florida I'd trade Tanev for Matthias or Drew Shore.

Then trade Booth for Heatley with Wild retaining 30% of his salary, Dany is a low risk - high reward type, as this is his contract year, a change of scenery could do wonders for him.
If it doesn't work out, oh well he walks at seasons end and we get out of Booth's contract. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fuck Skyo, you would trade Tanev for Matthias or Shore? That's smart. Lets weaken our defence with a great contributor in Tanev to fix something else with players whom are a big giant unknown guess that very well may not fix that something else. Round round we go.

Trading with a team with a culture of losing has been really good for Gillis in the past. Those players in Florida know what it takes to win
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Standing at the corner of sarcastic and bastard...lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If gillis has bold moves in his blood as he claims I'd explore Evander Kane. 2014 is a weak draft class, throw in Gaunce and Kassian

Let's face it Kassian ain't working. We need help now in the top 6.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Kane would be nice ...it would change the landscape before he even laces up..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kane is as young as Kassian almost but Kane is top 6 scoring threat and is as gritty as Kassian. Kassian will never be top 6. Park booths contract in the minors, buy him out. Trade our 1st pick in 2014 as well to sweeten the pot. It's a shite draft class. We got loads of young centre prospects offer up Gaunce or Schroeder. Cassels and Horvat bleed Canuck blue down the middle.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

HW needs to do some undercover work...if this is true we better be kicking more than tires... I might just get on the f@#k gmmg bandwagon
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Or like Skyo pointed out we could do another gillis fan favourite trade for a mean nothing bottom 6 player like Roy and Pahlsson and get a 3rd line centre like Matthias who is without question the answer to our scoring woes and eventual Stanley cup
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Kane Able to Hammer Booth
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Is Kane Able to Hammer Booth
The answer is sadly...not no
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Kane is as young as Kassian almost but Kane is top 6 scoring threat and is as gritty as Kassian. Kassian will never be top 6. Park booths contract in the minors, buy him out. Trade our 1st pick in 2014 as well to sweeten the pot. It's a shite draft class. We got loads of young centre prospects offer up Gaunce or Schroeder. Cassels and Horvat bleed Canuck blue down the middle.
Haha. So basically trade a shitty first round pick (late in the round in a weak draft) plus a couple of prospects we don't want for the other team's first liner.

Park Booth in the minors (giving us less than a million in space) to free up room for this.

Shit man, I'd be pissed off too if I thought this was in any way realistic and our GM was inexplicably just sitting on his hands instead of adding a high end impact player in exchange for odds and ends.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shit dbr exposed the kinks in the armour of my proposal. Should not have assumed that the flaws in it would go unnoticed. dbr, you dawg

Oops, I said kink, I would imagine that the CC resident gimp arachnid will undoubtedly get a rise out if it