Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Strangelove »

The_Pauser wrote: The cap-recapture penalty that we may never even have to pay?
Riiiiiiiight, I forgot that you're so much smarter than the Lightning brass (Lecavalier). :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

The_Pauser wrote:[
Why do those players need to be traded? Why not anyone else from our core?
Good question.

I'm open to trading practically anyone if the return is there, but there lies the problem.............if the return is there.

Kesler, Bieksa, and Edler should fetch us some pretty decent value in my opinion.

The twins, given their age and contract, I don't think it's worth moving them. There would be interest, but I don't think teams would be willing to give up a whole lot to add $15 million in cap space to a bunch of aging veterans that have lots of question marks come playoff time.

Burrows is obviously better than he's playing right now, but his trade value at current would probably be way below his usual demand.

Personally - I think it would be better to keep the Sedins' and Burrows, and have them anchor our 1st line and mentor the next core. Those 3 guys can help keep the Canucks somewhat respectable.

I would also keep Garrison and Hamhuis since they are loyal BC boys, and would add some veteran leadership back on D. By keeping atleast some solid veterans on D in Garrison and Hamhuis, guys like Tanev and Corrado won't have as much pressure and can grow at a more comfortable pace.

Keep Lack.

Higgins, Hansen, Luongo, etc. If a deal is there, then by all means, move them. Get younger, faster, bigger, and less European. This teams needs more Hindu. Flat out.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: The cautionary tale of the Flames does not apply, they were a flash in the pan who were never really relevant contenders
bing bing bing
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: I'm open to trading practically anyone
Some things never change. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote:[quote="BigTuna
Lopsided for Vancouver you mean.
Gardiner is no star dude.
Kadri has some promise but not as much as u think.

MR would be the key to landing TO a guy who would dramatically improve the centre depth

Both teams actually gain...[/quote]

There's no "promise", He's already delivered.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I'm open to trading practically anyone
Some things never change. :mrgreen:
Doc,

Can you believe it's been almost 16 (SIXTEEN) years since I made my first ever post on the World Wide Web (on a site called 'GoCanuck.com').

To New York Rangers: Pavel Bure
To Phoenix: Eric Lindros
To Vancouver: Keith Tkachuk and Oleg Tverdosky

:mrgreen:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Kadri and Gardiner for Kesler is a shit deal for us
LOL. You will never get better value than that for Kesler. Kadri had 44 points in 48 games last season. In a "Disappointing" season he has 41 points in 56 games.

You just won't get a young, established player better than him.
There's SO much more to Kesler's game than pts. Kadri, not so much.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ClamRussel wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Kadri and Gardiner for Kesler is a shit deal for us
LOL. You will never get better value than that for Kesler. Kadri had 44 points in 48 games last season. In a "Disappointing" season he has 41 points in 56 games.

You just won't get a young, established player better than him.
There's SO much more to Kesler's game than pts. Kadri, not so much.
Points are very, very important. Kadri is hardly one-dimensional.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Kesler for kadri is a joke on so many levels its not worth discussing. fail, try again
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

BigTuna wrote:Points are very, very important. Kadri is hardly one-dimensional.
Yeah, I agree. He knew how and when to get the greatest player in the world (Sid the Kid) off his game. The thing I like about Kadri is he just has that swagger/self-confidence. Kind of like Kobe Bryant, he wants to have the ball and be the guy to shoot it to try win the game in the final seconds. Kadri is the same, he wants to be the man and have the puck when it matters most. With these kind of guys, it's almost like they crave the limelight and the pressure. Most of the superstars we have had in our franchise from Bure, Nasi to the Sedins, they were introverted guys who didn't really like the spotlight (the soft spoken euros). Even though they're great players and had some great moments, I'm not sure they exceled the most when the pressure was on and the big games were taken up a few notches. I think it would be interesting to have a different type of guy to build around our franchise. A guy who undoubtedly has some sweet skillz, but has a bit of that cockiness/swagger; a guy who likes be "the man", likes to be in the limelight.... a guy who luvs being a rock star. :D

If we can get a guy like Kadri, I think it makes our future look that much more promising. Throw in Kadri with the likes of Kassian, BoHo, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen (all of whom are 23 and under) and I'm starting to think we may have something in a few years. I'm tempted to say almost a bit scary in what these guys can accomplish if they develop as projected. I really like the strength down the middle (centre ice) in this group as well. :)
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

When thinking about trades we should think about who is expendable and why. Kes you only deal for a huge return because we have no replacement right now. Maybe Santorelli but he's not exactly at the same level. If you're trading Kes you need another center in return.

Guys like Hansen and/or Higgins are expendable though, because a guy like Santo can be re-signed and take their place with little to no drop off. It's also much easier to find a wing in free agency than a center.

Same goes for one of the LH dmen. I don't see Hamhuis going anywhere and Stanton is cheap without having much value. That comes down to Edler and Garrison. Both suck on the right side even though Garrison has been playing there most of the year. One should go given Bieksa, Tanev and one of Diaz/Weber/Corrado can be the 6th guy.

Trade from a surplus, LH D, 2nd/3rd line wing, goalie, 3rd/4th center if somebody gives you a decent return. Otherwise you need a huge return to get rid of a core piece like Kes.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:Kesler for kadri is a joke on so many levels its not worth discussing. fail, try again
But yet people are happy with Brayden Schenn? You do know Kadri is easily better, right?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I wouldn't touch Kadri with a 60 seat Bluebird.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Topper wrote:I wouldn't touch Kadri with a 60 seat Bluebird.
Who wants a 23 year-old former 7th overall pick who had 44 points in 48 games last season and is on pace for over 60 this year.

You guys hate Leaf payers so much you underrated them.

Is Phil Kessel still crap?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Kesler for kadri is a joke on so many levels its not worth discussing. fail, try again
But yet people are happy with Brayden Schenn? You do know Kadri is easily better, right?
Lol...yes there is a weird man crush thing going in around here with certain members for the Schenn brothers.

The two of them , decent players I guess but disappointments due to the lofty core franchise player projections once put on them

Hate to say it , I'd rather Kadri over Brayden by a country mile
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau