Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by SKYO »

Or trade Booth+Hansen for a top 6 LW whose on the block....Vanek?+

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Vanek Kesler Santorelli
Higgins Richardson Kassian
Ses/Welsh Dalpe Weise
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Right now, I wouldn't want a trade to happen. In a slump or when we're not on a 7-game win-streak is when I'd do something for our top 6. Wouldn't mind not making any top 6 trades this year and trading edler for picks & signing penner and/or callahan in the offseason.

I was checking TSN stats, and almost everyone is 'hot' or has had points in their last 2 games. :mrgreen:
22-33-17
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RyanGinger wrote:Right now, I wouldn't want a trade to happen. In a slump or when we're not on a 7-game win-streak is when I'd do something for our top 6. Wouldn't mind not making any top 6 trades this year and trading edler for picks & signing penner and/or callahan in the offseason.

I was checking TSN stats, and almost everyone is 'hot' or has had points in their last 2 games. :mrgreen:
Why wait until you go through a slump to make a trade? If you can improve the team at any time you should do it. Keep in mind the team has won 6 of their 7 in a row without Edler so it's not like they are missing him.

Trade from a position of surplus to shore up a position of weakness, this should be a no-brainer no matter how your team is playing at the time of the trade.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Diehard1 said :
Why wait until you go through a slump to make a trade? If you can improve the team at any time you should do it. Keep in mind the team has won 6 of their 7 in a row without Edler so it's not like they are missing him.
Agree and if their is a good trade to be made using Edler , make it as soon as possible. Give the "new " guy time to learn the Canucks system and get used to his team mates before the playoffs..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Seven straight wins and the trade rumour mill continues to run rampant. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Topper wrote:Seven straight wins and the trade rumour mill continues to run rampant. LOL
Buy low, sell high?
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Seven straight wins and the trade rumour mill continues to run rampant. LOL

This team still has glaring holes. We have scored a lot of goals lately but against weaker defensive teams with average goaltending. Up against a strong defensive team and with above average goaltending I think we would be still hard pressed to score more than 2 per game. Defensively we are playing very well and are getting above average goaltending. Therefore we still gave the same holes we had when the season stared.

I include Boston in that statement given their injuries and flu.

The team would be better with Richardson centring the 4th line and either a healthy and producing Burrows with the twins or a new top six with them. So I still see us short a third line centre and top six forward. I would hate to give up depth on D but packaging a bunch of bottom 9 players in hopes of filling our needs is wishful thinking.

So my hope is either MG does nothing or goes big.
The only HW the Canucks need
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Wonder if Penner would sign here for around 3.7m. That'd be some nice size and skill.
22-33-17
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RyanGinger wrote:Wonder if Penner would sign here for around 3.7m. That'd be some nice size and skill.
No for Penner.

The guy has padded stats due to playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Penner does play reasonably well come playoff time, but is a notorious floater during the regular season.

It's no coincidence that both the Oilers and Kings dumped him.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

The Brown Knight wrote:
RyanGinger wrote:Wonder if Penner would sign here for around 3.7m. That'd be some nice size and skill.
No for Penner.

Penner does play reasonably well come playoff time, but is a notorious floater during the regular season.

What if we played him with Kes and gave him PP time with the twins? He could probably pot 20. Starting to regret proposing 3.7m tho
22-33-17
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

RyanGinger wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
No for Penner.

What if we played him with Kes and gave him PP time with the twins? He could probably pot 20. Starting to regret proposing 3.7m tho
Sign Callahan for 5m as well as Penner for 2.5-3.5m and you got a Top6 of

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Penner-Kesler-Callahan
22-33-17
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Off-topic, but Hansen's NTC is gonna kick in, so if we were to trade him could we after the POs but before his NTC years begin?
22-33-17
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by Vader »

Mëds wrote:
Vader wrote:
Mëds wrote:Why is everyone so high on Vanek?

He has only scored 40 goals twice in his career.

He is barely a point per game player......far from it actually.
Because it's not 1989 anymore - Vanek has put excellent numbers in THIS era of hockey..
This is as bad as your take on Claude Giroux

Only two 40 goal seasons- sheesh - barely a point game. Where do you get this shit?
Ummmm......I look at stats and trends......just consider Vanek's production since he entered the league.
Ummm...clearly you don't look very closely to stats and trends. You need to consider his scoring relative to the overall scoring in the league

In the past 7 years on an adjusted basis he's been top 5 in the NHL in goals three times and top 15 six times. His rookie year was excellent as well- 25 goals.
Attachments
Vanek.jpg
Vanek.jpg (38.61 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Vanek's got talent to be sure, but he's a dog who would drive Torts crazy and would wilt under the pressure of playing in hockey crazy Van.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Boston Canucker wrote:Vanek's got talent to be sure, but he's a dog who would drive Torts crazy and would wilt under the pressure of playing in hockey crazy Van.
He would wilt playing in the Western Conference - period. The guy appears to have lost his fire. Just doesn't seem to be a good fit.

Wonder what it will take to get E. Kane, or whether it would be worth it to wait for the Jets to flounder further in case the price goes down?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.