Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by $lacker »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy
I see nothing about this on TSN.

Source?
See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10079&p=194774#p194774
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

TDA Rum wrote:I wonder with the Sabres salary dump if they would trade Tyler Myers for Chris Tanev....
I'm sure they would, but why would we? 5.5 mill for the next 6 years for a guy, who yes, has some bright spots but since the rookie year has not taken steps forward...I'd stay with Tanev. If they move Tanev, has to be for upfront help, and I'd be loath to move him anyway.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

My feeling on Myers is he just needs a change of scenery where he has some veteran blue liners to help get his game back going. They made him the go to guy way too early and didn't surround him with any good veteran defenceman to help him out. I like Tanev too, but he will be asking for a large contract next year and i think with the right mentoring Myers has more offensive upside and has the bigger body to handle the bigger forwards in the Western Conference...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

TDA Rum wrote:My feeling on Myers is he just needs a change of scenery where he has some veteran blue liners to help get his game back going. They made him the go to guy way too early and didn't surround him with any good veteran defenceman to help him out. I like Tanev too, but he will be asking for a large contract next year and i think with the right mentoring Myers has more offensive upside and has the bigger body to handle the bigger forwards in the Western Conference...
This is what I was going to say, certain teams have ruined young and promising players, Buffalo and Edmonton are 2 teams plus may NYI. You bring in young guys with a good set of vets and put them into a position where they will learn the NHL. Does not mean you wait until they are 24 and "earn" their ice time.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:My feeling on Myers is he just needs a change of scenery where he has some veteran blue liners to help get his game back going. They made him the go to guy way too early and didn't surround him with any good veteran defenceman to help him out. I like Tanev too, but he will be asking for a large contract next year and i think with the right mentoring Myers has more offensive upside and has the bigger body to handle the bigger forwards in the Western Conference...
This is what I was going to say, certain teams have ruined young and promising players, Buffalo and Edmonton are 2 teams plus may NYI. You bring in young guys with a good set of vets and put them into a position where they will learn the NHL. Does not mean you wait until they are 24 and "earn" their ice time.
Myers is a friggen tree. But if the rumors about him having back problems already are to be believed then steer clear. Tall guys with back problems often have them chronically.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Ok... who needs goaltending?

THE PENGUINS.

Luo, Kesler for MAF + Sutter + Maata + 1st.
5.3+5 = 5+2.1+.9+(1.2 of cap space)
10.3 = 9.2

Hmm... I"m 1.1M off.

And Tanner Glass.

Luo, Kes for MAF, Sutter, Maata, Glass + 1st.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:http://islanders.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8466141

HMMMMMMMMM......
How did you do that?
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

HMMMMMMMMM......
what does that mean???

things are happening so fast Doc...heeeelp!! :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:

HMMMMMMMMM......
How did you do that?
I didn't do anything.

But I wonder if it's because Lou used to belong to them.

Otherwise:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471239
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

HMMMMMMMMM......
How did you do that?
I didn't do anything.

But I wonder if it's because Lou used to belong to them.

Otherwise:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471239
Ya must be: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8466141
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Just putting it out there. http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/dal140302.html

The Dallas Stars would like to bolster their blueline and are looking for a top-pairing defenseman with term left on his contract.
Stars GM Jim Nill does not appear interested in going after a rental player and has set his sights at least two players available on the trade block.

According to two separate league sources, the Stars are interested in Buffalo Sabres blueliner Christian Ehrhoff and Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler.
Both Ehrhoff and Edler have no-trade clauses and would have to sign off on any deal their teams try to complete.

Ehrhoff has already submitted a list of eight teams he would not accept a move to.

One league source told TFP the Stars might not be in the running for Edler, despite their interest, as the Canucks' asking price may be too high for their liking.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

givemeda411 wrote: One league source told TFP the Stars might not be in the running for Edler, despite their interest, as the Canucks' asking price may be too high for their liking.
Which is good and bad, as it seems to be a running theme. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Just for getting rid of the sideshows, I would love to see that happens.
Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
Ryan Kesler trade talks definitely continuing but told talks regarding Roberto Luongo heating up and Capitals could be involved.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Jovocop wrote:Just for getting rid of the sideshows, I would love to see that happens.
Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
Ryan Kesler trade talks definitely continuing but told talks regarding Roberto Luongo heating up and Capitals could be involved.
I would be interested in something like Neuvirth/Holtby + Erat (cap dump) + Kuznetsov (and a conditional 1 if Kuznetsov doesn't come over, no pick if he does).