Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Well if you let it sink in, the teams declining game since the cup run 4 seasons ago you'd might notice that its not in this teams best interests to keep on letting The Process be the General Contractor as he continually keeps on shitting the bed
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby sagebrush » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm

The bigger the ship the longer it takes to turn it around.

Hindsight says Gillis sold too much of the farm for the sake of the 2011 run. That, coupled with the CBA/CAP changes takes time to overcome.

I'll wait to see what Gillis does through the summer - provided waterboy allows it.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby mathonwy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 am

Topper wrote:Burrows should have been traded over a year ago and not signed to his new deal. Flat out stupid.

Yeah, you already said that over a month ago.. and when I pointed out in the 12/13 season, we hadn't even started playing hockey because the players were locked out until January 19 I got silence......

So, you must be making your "professional" assessment of Burr based on the 11/12 season right?

Ok.

Let me remind you of something.

(P is for President Trophy winner btw)

So you would trade our 3rd highest goal scorer that has an incredible work ethic after a President Trophy winning season?

:drink:

Topper wrote:Santorelli was never signed to play in Vancouver but rather made the team out of training camp instead of being sent to Utica where he was pencilled in.

Source please.

Topper wrote:I don't think Hank is having that awful of a season but he isn't helped any having Daniel, a shell of himself since the Keith hit, and Alexandre Bernier. The best that line performed was with Kesler on the wing but that gutted the 2nd/3rd line

Did GMMG honestly believe Schroeder was a 3rd line centre before being injured?

Heh...this isn't about Hank and this isn't about Daniel, nor is this about Schroeder.

This is about you blaming Gillis for everything wrong this season and me saying that he has some responsibility, just not for all of it.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:30 am

BigTuna wrote:

LOL. You're counting goalies that played less than 1 full game. Reimer was higher than that. Please leave out guys that played less than 60 minutes and had .1000 save %.

He is a young goalie who has posted above .920 save% twice already and led his team to the playoffs already. And that's on a team where's he's outshot nightly.

Is this like when you Nuck fans laughed at Leaf fans and said Kadri was a bust?

Fuck Tuna are you stupid or what?

I was talking about 2010/11 season when Reimer played 37 NHL games and Schneider played 25 NHL games which for is a rookie season for a back up goalie in the NHL.

Do I need to post links for your small TO brain to comprehend?

Of course I live in Vancouver suburbia and have reef in my handle so what the hell do I know?
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 am

Reefer2 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

LOL. You're counting goalies that played less than 1 full game. Reimer was higher than that. Please leave out guys that played less than 60 minutes and had .1000 save %.

He is a young goalie who has posted above .920 save% twice already and led his team to the playoffs already. And that's on a team where's he's outshot nightly.

Is this like when you Nuck fans laughed at Leaf fans and said Kadri was a bust?

Fuck Tuna are you stupid or what?

I was talking about 2010/11 season when Reimer played 37 NHL games and Schneider played 25 NHL games which for is a rookie season for a back up goalie in the NHL.

Do I need to post links for your small TO brain to comprehend?

Of course I live in Vancouver suburbia and have reef in my handle so what the hell do I know?

2011' he finished 6th in save % not 11th. You are wrong again.

And in 11', Reimer posted the 6th best save % in the NHL. Meanwhile, no other Leaf goalie was at even .900. To have that save % in Ron Wilson's system is terrific.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:30 am

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20102011&gameType=2&team=&position=G&country=&status=&viewName=savePercentageLeaders

Again I have no idea what you are talking about?

NHL website - check
2010/11 Season - check
Reimer rookie season - check
Reimer ranked 12th on website - check

Serious if I am missing something let me know? I checked about 20 times but I have been known to make the odd mistake now and then.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:05 am

Reefer2 wrote:http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20102011&gameType=2&team=&position=G&country=&status=&viewName=savePercentageLeaders

Again I have no idea what you are talking about?

NHL website - check
2010/11 Season - check
Reimer rookie season - check
Reimer ranked 12th on website - check

Serious if I am missing something let me know? I checked about 20 times but I have been known to make the odd mistake now and then.

Check again. Tied for 6th. Two of those did not play enough games.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:44 am

How do you jump 6 spots..by removing 2 ???

Just sayin
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Topper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:01 pm

mathonwy wrote:So you would trade our 3rd highest goal scorer that has an incredible work ethic after a President Trophy winning season?

Damn right Sliver Lips.

It is called moving forward and not living in the past. If you were smart enough to be paying attention I have long advocated trading Burrows because I recognized that he was near the top of his career when he played for Canada in the World Championships. Unlike many here, I don't have emotional ties to players. I want a winning team.

Topper wrote:Santorelli was never signed to play in Vancouver but rather made the team out of training camp instead of being sent to Utica where he was pencilled in.

mathonwy wrote:Source please.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canuck+Mike+Santorelli+feels+home+trying+stick+Vancouver/8911245/story.html

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/10/08/mike-santorelli-the-best-canuck-story-going/

Let me guess, you'd say getting Santorelli resigned should be a priority. How many year of Gary Lupul did we have to endure?

mathonwy wrote:Heh...this isn't about Hank and this isn't about Daniel, nor is this about Schroeder.

You're right it isn't about them. It is about GMMG over estimating the team he has and selling that onto ownership. A season, given the cap constraints of the line up, that would have better been used developing youth.

mathonwy wrote:This is about you blaming Gillis for everything wrong this season and me saying that he has some responsibility, just not for all of it.

Wrong again Splinter Tongue. I have been supportive of GMMG until I began reading the ultimatums from ownership and realized how oversold he was of his lineup.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Mike the Bed Shitter Gillis

"It's all about the Process"

2011 - Stanley Cup Finalists
2012 - Knocked out in the first round in 5 games
2013 - Kocked out in the first round in 4 games
2014 - Currently sitting 21st in the Overall League Standings

This downward trajectory process Mike speaks of is da shit
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby mathonwy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Topper wrote:
mathonwy wrote:So you would trade our 3rd highest goal scorer that has an incredible work ethic after a President Trophy winning season?

Damn right Sliver Lips.

It is called moving forward and not living in the past. If you were smart enough to be paying attention I have long advocated trading Burrows because I recognized that he was near the top of his career when he played for Canada in the World Championships. Unlike many here, I don't have emotional ties to players. I want a winning team.

Trying to hold a polite conversation with you is a bit useless as I don't think you are capable of doing so without being insulting. (But I hope you make yourself feel better doing so though as 90% of your posts seem to be insulting someone or something) I'll try my best to respond without acknowledging the insults though (harder than it seems).

Blowing up the team after back-to-back Prez Trophy seasons doesn't make sense. The only time you do this is because you're forced to due to cap issues. Trading Burr WOULD be considered blowing up the team and Burr's last contract, 2M for 25 goals, was a phenomenal deal.

Now if you were advocating that GMMG should have played hardball with Burr and given him him a 1.5M dollar raise to 3.5M for a 2-3 year term, that would be a different story and considering how shitty this season has gone, I don't think anyone could argue with that. But, that's not what you're saying.

And this has nothing to do my personal feelings with Burr. Trading Burr last year doesn't make logical sense based on his production, his salary and his club history.

mathonwy wrote:Source please.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canuck+Mike+Santorelli+feels+home+trying+stick+Vancouver/8911245/story.html

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/10/08/mike-santorelli-the-best-canuck-story-going/

Fair enough.

mathonwy wrote:Heh...this isn't about Hank and this isn't about Daniel, nor is this about Schroeder.

Topper wrote:You're right it isn't about them. It is about GMMG over estimating the team he has and selling that onto ownership. A season, given the cap constraints of the line up, that would have better been used developing youth.

mathonwy wrote:This is about you blaming Gillis for everything wrong this season and me saying that he has some responsibility, just not for all of it.

Topper wrote:Wrong again Splinter Tongue. I have been supportive of GMMG until I began reading the ultimatums from ownership and realized how oversold he was of his lineup.

I still stick by what I said. There have been a lot of events that have occurred this past season (that have contributed to the crappy on-ice product we currently see) that GMMG could not have predicted. And in addition to those events, changing the coach is pretty big change in of itself.

Based on the conservative history of the Canuck ownership group, it's unrealistic to expect them to gut the team after a President Trophy winning season and before a lockout season and then changing head coaches and 3 years removed from being in game 7 of the SC finals.

I eagerly await your insult laden but usually informative response.
Last edited by mathonwy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby mathonwy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:01 pm

RoyalDude wrote:. I could care less about Nonis, it could have been Jack Gordon for all I care. Gillis is an extremely arrogant man and how he got in through the back door here is weasel proportions and that is why I lot of the GM fraternity don't think to highly of him not to mention he was very despised by most GMs when the arrogant prick was a players agent

Ok, trying to cut through all of your bs about contractors and house building is difficult but I think I succeeded.

You're still not providing any evidence that MG is "despised by most GMs" regardless of whether that evidence is tangible or just conjecture or hearsay. Can you try again? And no, I don't want to hear how arrogant Mike is and I don't want to hear another house building story.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

mathonwy wrote:Trying to hold a polite conversation with you is a bit useless as I don't think you are capable of doing so without being insulting. (But I hope you make yourself feel better doing so though as 90% of your posts seem to be insulting someone or something) I'll try my best to respond without acknowledging the insults though (harder than it seems).

Just a reminder. You are the one who brought up chewing on RD'd peg leg. Did you get that chip on your shoulder the same way Monika got the stains on her dress?

mathonwy wrote:Blowing up the team after back-to-back Prez Trophy seasons doesn't make sense. The only time you do this is because you're forced to due to cap issues. Trading Burr WOULD be considered blowing up the team and Burr's last contract, 2M for 25 goals, was a phenomenal deal.

Now if you were advocating that GMMG should have played hardball with Burr and given him him a 1.5M dollar raise to 3.5M for a 2-3 year term, that would be a different story and considering how shitty this season has gone, I don't think anyone could argue with that. But, that's not what you're saying.

And this has nothing to do my personal feelings with Burr. Trading Burr last year doesn't make logical sense based on his production, his salary and his club history.

As I noted, Burrows was at or near his prime after the 2012 season, the writing was on the wall and the birth certificate. that cheap contract only enhanced his trade value. Why would anyone in their right mind then overpay, weather 3.5 or 4.5, for a diminishing asset? Let alone give in on a NTC. The smart thing to do, which is what I advocated, was to trade him while he had value, gotten value for him and then let someone else deal with his next contract.

mathonwy wrote:

Once again I am correct. Start learning from your mistakes, you will be better for it.

Topper wrote:You're right it isn't about them. It is about GMMG over estimating the team he has and selling that onto ownership. A season, given the cap constraints of the line up, that would have better been used developing youth.

Topper wrote:Wrong again Splinter Tongue. I have been supportive of GMMG until I began reading the ultimatums from ownership and realized how oversold he was of his lineup.

mathonwy wrote:I still stick by what I said. There have been a lot of events that have occurred this past season (that have contributed to the crappy on-ice product we currently see) that GMMG could not have predicted. And in addition to those events, changing the coach is pretty big change in of itself.

Based on the conservative history of the Canuck ownership group, it's unrealistic to expect them to gut the team after a President Trophy winning season and before a lockout season and then changing head coaches and 3 years removed from being in game 7 of the SC finals.

I eagerly await your insult laden but usually informative response.

Fool. Do us all a favour and hold your breath for the next response.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 pm

sagebrush wrote:The bigger the ship the longer it takes to turn it around.

Hindsight says Gillis sold too much of the farm for the sake of the 2011 run. That, coupled with the CBA/CAP changes takes time to overcome.

I'll wait to see what Gillis does through the summer - provided waterboy allows it.

God if we won ..sold the farm cuz we lost. Tough racket
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby sagebrush » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:11 pm

rats19 wrote:
sagebrush wrote:The bigger the ship the longer it takes to turn it around.

God if we won ..sold the farm cuz we lost. Tough racket

The entire farm wasn't sold, & the amount sold didn't change because we lost.
Gambling is like that - sometimes you lose.

Hindsight on the other hand - is 20/20.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat