Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:56 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:[quote="BigTuna
The "Meltdown" has nothing to do with his value. A team would be smart to pick him up. He can be a #1 goalie. And he's young and cheap.
The game 7 loss should be on Carlyle. No timeout? I still can't get over that.
It what freaking world?

Reimer with a 3.25GAA and a 0.911 SV%
Man Tuna you will quickly disappear when once again your mighty Laughs are knocked out of the 1st round.

He was top 5 in save % as a starter last season in the NHL. In his rookie year, he posted the 6th best save % in the NHL. He's being put in a tough role this year where he barely plays.[/quote]

Reimer had a SV% of 0.921 which was good for 11th in the league.

Maybe you are a closet Canuck fan and mistaken Reimer for a real rookie goalie in Schneider who finished 3rd in the league in the same season.

Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:05 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:I can't see/remember who suggested it on here, but I am also a huge proponent of the following deal:

To Vancouver: Jonathan Drouin
To Tampa: Ryan Kesler
That was me... I'd probably try and add a Connolly or someone like that whose stock is low and we can give a shot in Kesler's place for the rest of the year. Add a pick or something if needed. Helps both teams - TB is a top team and could use a player like Kesler who is proven in the playoffs while they still have aging guys like St Louis, etc who are performing well. They also already have a ton of forward depth coming through the pipes.

It would be nice to follow that up with an Edler move to Detroit for something like Nyquist+Smith+Mantha (the same ask as was reported at draft, but MG asked for more). Add a Hansen or Schroeder if needed to get it done. Not sure if it makes sense with Zetterberg's injury... But worth a shot.

If Detroit wanted to add a forward with Zetterberg's injury see about Kesler to Detroit, Elder to TB. (Proven chemistry with Salo.)

If it happened, voila - we're an up and coming team with Drouin, Horvat, Mantha, Nyquist, Kassian, Shinkaruk, Connolly, Jensen, Gaunce, Schroeder, Corrado, Tanev, Smith, and Lack... Along with a veteran core to teach them how to be pros.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Topper wrote: The slide began with the end of the soft December schedule.
The Canucks beat Boston, Chicago, and Colorado in December.

They also took Pittsburgh and Anaheim into SO/OT in early January.

The 5 top teams in the league atm.

The Canucks were a team that could beat anyone for a fair stretch there.

It’s been an up and down season IMNSHO.

Sooooo…..

Squeak into the playoffs, get on a roll, win the Cup. :thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:[quote="BigTuna
The "Meltdown" has nothing to do with his value. A team would be smart to pick him up. He can be a #1 goalie. And he's young and cheap.
The game 7 loss should be on Carlyle. No timeout? I still can't get over that.
It what freaking world?

Reimer with a 3.25GAA and a 0.911 SV%
Man Tuna you will quickly disappear when once again your mighty Laughs are knocked out of the 1st round.

He was top 5 in save % as a starter last season in the NHL. In his rookie year, he posted the 6th best save % in the NHL. He's being put in a tough role this year where he barely plays.
Reimer had a SV% of 0.921 which was good for 11th in the league.

Maybe you are a closet Canuck fan and mistaken Reimer for a real rookie goalie in Schneider who finished 3rd in the league in the same season.[/quote]

LOL. You're counting goalies that played less than 1 full game. Reimer was higher than that. Please leave out guys that played less than 60 minutes and had .1000 save %.

He is a young goalie who has posted above .920 save% twice already and led his team to the playoffs already. And that's on a team where's he's outshot nightly.

Is this like when you Nuck fans laughed at Leaf fans and said Kadri was a bust?
Last edited by BigTuna on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Canuck-One wrote:Tuna -After reading a number of your posts I am beginning to believe that you have a learning disability. Either that or you are a young adolescent. Your arguments make no sense, there is no objective reasoning behind them. If this is true then I'm sorry for sounding like a jerk, but, if I'm wrong then please attempt to make a more thought out case for your points.
In what way do they not make sense. Explain.

And I'm almost 40 and have a degree.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:33 pm

BigTuna wrote: In what way do they not make sense. Explain.
You wouldn't understand. :mrgreen:
BigTuna wrote: I'm almost 40 and have a degree.
Maybe you should take a course on quoting folk properly. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: In what way do they not make sense. Explain.
You wouldn't understand. :mrgreen:
BigTuna wrote: I'm almost 40 and have a degree.
Maybe you should take a course on quoting folk properly. :mex:

On a site that wasn't created with 1995 technology it wouldn't be a problem.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:Squeak into the playoffs, get on a roll, win the Cup. :thumbs:
You must be ass connected ass Don Cherry .............. or you are ...............ooooooooooooooh.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:Tuna -After reading a number of your posts I am beginning to believe that you have a learning disability. Either that or you are a young adolescent. Your arguments make no sense, there is no objective reasoning behind them. If this is true then I'm sorry for sounding like a jerk, but, if I'm wrong then please attempt to make a more thought out case for your points.
In what way do they not make sense. Explain.

And I'm almost 40 and have a degree.
Todd's 86 and has a degree.

What are you saying?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:45 pm

BigTuna wrote: On a site that wasn't created with 1995 technology it wouldn't be a problem.
It ain't rocket science Einstein.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Squeak into the playoffs, get on a roll, win the Cup. :thumbs:
You must be ass connected ass Don Cherry .............. or you are ...............ooooooooooooooh.
You're gonna look awfully silly when your Vancouver Canucks win your Stanley Cup.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:30 pm

mathonwy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
$lacker wrote:I don't believe what Gillis is selling - he'd like to make trades but he can't come across as desperate because the GM's in this league already enjoy toying with their former agent friend.
This is why you never hire an asshole players agent whom every GM in the league hates to be your General Manager. Is it no wonder he struggles building relationships with the GM fraternity? Not to mention, throwing the previous GM under the bus at his press conference hiring.

Aquamarine shit the bed here by hire Eye Bags in the first place.
Hey peg leg, if you got so much inside info about GMMG's relationships with other GM's and who hates whom, let's hear some inside info of the HW caliber.

After that, you can tell us a story about some SHUTDOWN defensemen that we can acquire.
It's common knowledge gimp.

Gillis with the help of Gallagher had Aquamans ear while Nonis was still GM, common knowledge, which is why you never here the notorious career management hater Gallagher slag Gillis. Gillis and Gallagher convinced Aquaman to fire Nonis. Then on press day hiring of Gillis, Gillis slags previous management. A big no no. I could care less about Nonis, it could have been Jack Gordon for all I care. Gillis is an extremely arrogant man and how he got in through the back door here is weasel proportions and that is why I lot of the GM fraternity don't think to highly of him not to mention he was very despised by most GMs when the arrogant prick was a players agent

I know a contractor quite well who renovated their house here, Gillis and his wife are extremely pompous and arrogant. Apparently his wife is no better. Kind of the opposite of Pat Quinn, I also know the builder who built his house in West Van and he called him the best, nicest client he's ever worked for. Yet you all love Gillis and hate Quinn and his buddies Burke and Nonis
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 pm

^^
It's a good thing we want Gillis to build a hockey organization instead of a house.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Well if you let it sink in, the teams declining game since the cup run 4 seasons ago you'd might notice that its not in this teams best interests to keep on letting The Process be the General Contractor as he continually keeps on shitting the bed
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm

The bigger the ship the longer it takes to turn it around.

Hindsight says Gillis sold too much of the farm for the sake of the 2011 run. That, coupled with the CBA/CAP changes takes time to overcome.

I'll wait to see what Gillis does through the summer - provided waterboy allows it.