Dumb Ass Media

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Dumb Ass Media

Post by ClamRussel »

Seriously.

Asked to Mason Raymond in regards to him having chemistry w/ the much hated Dave Bolland:
"It would be interesting if Bolland ever played with the Sedin twins, could you see that happening down the road?"

Asked to Pavel Bure at the press conference following the game in regards to the retirement ceremony:
"Are you glad its over Pavel, would you like to do it again?"

If Tortorella ever blows his fuse w/ the media I don't blame him one bit.
I know it must be tough to always come up w/ interesting questions but c'mon.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Dumb Ass Media

Post by ClamRussel »

Ok, let me add Ron MacLean to this list for showing footage of Bure kicking out Tkachuk's skates and Cherry calling him a weasel. Even Don asked him "why are you showing that?!?"
Great timing Ron. I'm shocked the producers would allow that. What a classless move. I generally like Ron despite his anti-Canucks bias but that was just too far.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I dunno, it was probably bad timing on Maclean's part to dig up that old segement. I didn't take it too seriously though, i thought Maclean was just giving Cherry a hard time. Cherry goes on his rants all the time and Maclean usually ends up taking the brunt of it, nothing wrong with Maclean giving his old bud a shot back. :lol:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Except he wasn't giving Don a shot, he was giving Pavel a shot. Notice he justified Don's initial comments and said they were warranted? Why did he also bring up their accusations Bure threatened to withdraw services in the playoffs and how Quinn was threatening them over it? It was at best poor timing and at worst a smear job. Seriously, of all the Bure highlights they could have shown...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

ClamRussel wrote:Except he wasn't giving Don a shot, he was giving Pavel a shot. Notice he justified Don's initial comments and said they were warranted? Why did he also bring up their accusations Bure threatened to withdraw services in the playoffs and how Quinn was threatening them over it? It was at best poor timing and at worst a smear job. Seriously, of all the Bure highlights they could have shown...
Funny how they didn't even bother showing the elbow on Churla in the 94 playoffs. Maybe he thought it could be overkill, or just not enough time in the segment to further smear a hall of famer, but whatever turns his twisted little crank.

Pretty bad when the blowhard sounds reasonable by comparison.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Lancer wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Except he wasn't giving Don a shot, he was giving Pavel a shot. Notice he justified Don's initial comments and said they were warranted? Why did he also bring up their accusations Bure threatened to withdraw services in the playoffs and how Quinn was threatening them over it? It was at best poor timing and at worst a smear job. Seriously, of all the Bure highlights they could have shown...
Funny how they didn't even bother showing the elbow on Churla in the 94 playoffs. Maybe he thought it could be overkill, or just not enough time in the segment to further smear a hall of famer, but whatever turns his twisted little crank.

Pretty bad when the blowhard sounds reasonable by comparison.
Ya I was expecting the elbow on Churla to be shown. I knew he wouldn't dare show how Bure owned the Laughs in the 94 play-offs.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ron McLean is a clown. It's possible he got shut down on Davie st. and has held a grudge against the city ever since.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Ron McLean is dink
Glen Healy is also a dink

Clearly HNIC gives not a tinkers damn about the Canucks or their fans... Imagine bringing up some dodgy lowlight of Doug gilmour or Wendell Clark on an equivalent night for the leaves....

Fat fucking chance
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

The Vancouver media is full of idiots. The CBC is full of losers drinking from the tit of the country. These pricks would be selling shoes or hamburgers if they didn't have a job in the media.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I was thinking Churla all the way before the game even started, I couldn't believe Mclean was calling a guy who just had his jersey retired a weasel.

I also LOVED Simpson's initial call on the Bolland hit by Kassian. "Kassian gets his foot up and kicks Bolland here." He also completely blew pronouncing Santorelli and I believe and Hughson said Walsh instead of Welsh at one point......
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Art Vandelay wrote:The Vancouver media is full of idiots. The CBC is full of losers drinking from the tit of the country. These pricks would be selling shoes or hamburgers if they didn't have a job in the media.
You might have something there mr felange.
Maybe its a prereq (idiocy) for being a sports journalist. I'm hard pressed to think of one half decent media voice
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

ukcanuck wrote: .... I'm hard pressed to think of one half decent media voice
Elliotte Friedman. The odd man out, when he shows up on HNIC.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Shannan can be ok and Bob MacKenzie doesn't get involved in the smear. During last summer when HNIC were trying hard to spread the Florida tampering with Luongo and Luongo refusing to waive for any team other than Florida or Tampa, Bobby was the one voice of reason calling bullshit. It's the clear Toronto hacks that get me. And then they act surprised that a Leaf game against the Canucks is so heated.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

sagebrush wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: .... I'm hard pressed to think of one half decent media voice
Elliotte Friedman. The odd man out, when he shows up on HNIC.
Immense respect for Friedman when he called out Healy for being a child re: Torts.

Where do they get these retired clowns? Anyone remember Greg Millen? Man that guy always got stuck doing colour for Canuck games and he hated them w/a passion. Millen, Healy & Simpson are insufferable....Hrudey can be at times as well. I'm starting to appreciate Weekes more but perhaps thats more a case of how bad his co-workers really are.

The Death Stare:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68uuWo2IfG0
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

A couple of years ago the Canucks had enough of Ron McLean (over his stupid and gutter trash comments about Burrows) and refused to co-operate with the CBC. The league stepped in and everyone made nice. I wish MG would step up again for the fans and our Hall of Fame player Pavel Bure. Tell the world that McLean is a classless jerk and that he wouldn't be allowed in Rogers Arena again.