I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27160
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Strangelove »

Those recently unsealed NHL Emails reveal what we've always suspected...

It's an Old Boys' Club dominated by extremely biased morons who couldn't give a flying one about "player safety".

It's a Kangaroo Court, don't take it seriously folks, that's exactly what... they :look: ... want you to do.

They want you to riot and end up in jail (or worse)

Don't give them the satisfaction, gotta laugh it off people...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19936
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:The record is not scrubbed clean after 18 months. The 18th month rule has to due with the financial cost to the player. All past infractions are taken into consideration.

Blobby, you say 8-10, the League considers playoff games more than regular season games, so Keith is getting ~7 game if it were regular season.
I was under the impression that a player was not considered a repeat offender if he kept his nose clean for 18 months.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13600
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote:Those recently unsealed NHL Emails reveal what we've always suspected...

It's an Old Boys' Club dominated by extremely biased morons who couldn't give a flying one about "player safety".

It's a Kangaroo Court, don't take it seriously folks, that's exactly what... they :look: ... want you to do.

They want you to riot and end up in jail (or worse)

Don't give them the satisfaction, gotta laugh it off people...
Your right for sure but he's one of the best in the league and if you ever were going to make a meaningful example, well now would be kind of good :evil:
Next we'll here that in the off season one of his hobbies is fencing...
"evolution"
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27160
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Strangelove »

More like...

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:The record is not scrubbed clean after 18 months. The 18th month rule has to due with the financial cost to the player. All past infractions are taken into consideration.

Blobby, you say 8-10, the League considers playoff games more than regular season games, so Keith is getting ~7 game if it were regular season.
I was under the impression that a player was not considered a repeat offender if he kept his nose clean for 18 months.
1st offence or 18 months clean, the player is fined only for the game days missed.

Repeat within 18 months, the player is fined his pay for each day, including those between games.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19936
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:The record is not scrubbed clean after 18 months. The 18th month rule has to due with the financial cost to the player. All past infractions are taken into consideration.

Blobby, you say 8-10, the League considers playoff games more than regular season games, so Keith is getting ~7 game if it were regular season.
I was under the impression that a player was not considered a repeat offender if he kept his nose clean for 18 months.
1st offence or 18 months clean, the player is fined only for the game days missed.

Repeat within 18 months, the player is fined his pay for each day, including those between games.
Ok so it's a monetary thing. Serves me right for listening to the talking heads on radio and tv. As usual they don't have a clue what they are blabbering about. Thanks for clarifying.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27160
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Strangelove »

https://streamable.com/sf7g

Tonight Kadri viciously attacked Glendening, nowhere near the play, with a cross-check to the face.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call no suspension. :drink:

https://streamable.com/g7hd

I must say, a bit of a psycho that bloke eh wot?

EDIT: Wait, forgot about him mouthing-off this morning about his 3rd diving fine this year:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 67#p255567

.... okay, 2 game suspension then.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11964
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ok so it's a monetary thing. Serves me right for listening to the talking heads on radio and tv. As usual they don't have a clue what they are blabbering about. Thanks for clarifying.
Bettman spelled it out in the Kaletta appeal a few years ago. Specifically pages 13-14

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/K ... 202013.pdf

The Kaletta decision may be a precedent for Keith. Kaletta had an even more storied history and got 10 games.

Not surprising that most talking heads don't know this.

Another one they don't have a clue on is goalie interference. Check the rule book on that some day, Inside or outside the crease has little meaning other than the severity.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16062
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well to be fair to Kadri, Glendening crosscheck him first, even knocked his helmet off. It was retaliation.

Having said that, he should get suspended the rest of the season.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13600
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Micky »

As always, 78 games or so into the season,
whether playoff bound or clean out the locker bound,
for too many to list agendas,
plenty of guys snapping and losing it right now,
then after next weekend,
into the pocket the whistles go :shock:
"evolution"
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by SKYO »

Roman Polak gonna get a few games for this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck ... soc_trk=tw
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9504
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:Roman Polak gonna get a few games for this.
And no penalty given?

Looked like the linesman was ready to drop him. :D
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by SKYO »

lol that would have been awesome^

--

Nhl: oh you thought this shit was over?

Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by 2Fingers »

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19936
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Frontier Justice should be the payment. I might be done with this team if their isn't something extracted from Toronto on December 3, 2016. Not Bertuzzi style justice but something substantial needs to happen.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Post Reply