I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 am

wafflecombine wrote:Just curious Meds but how many games were you looking for?


Based on Cooke's history, and other suspensions we have seen, I was hoping to see at least 10 games. I had hoped to see much more than that.

If Kassian can get 8 games for being "reckless" with his stick, how the hell is Cooke only getting 7 games for leading with his knee like that?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 am

Topper wrote:Not being a CBA repeat offender lessens the financial hit of the suspension on Cooke, however playoff or not, he still looses 7 days pay.


How is it that he LOSES 7 days of pay? It's a 7 game suspension that will be served now during the playoffs, and if Minnesota is eliminated before the suspension has been served then it carries into next season. If the Wild take this to 7 games, Cooke will only miss 3 games next year.

Players don't forfeit salary for suspensions during playoffs as their salary has already been paid out during the regular season. If the Wild were to get into the second round and Cooke returned to the lineup, would he then be playing the first 7 games of next season for free?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am

Meds wrote:
Topper wrote:Not being a CBA repeat offender lessens the financial hit of the suspension on Cooke, however playoff or not, he still looses 7 days pay.


How is it that he LOSES 7 days of pay? It's a 7 game suspension that will be served now during the playoffs, and if Minnesota is eliminated before the suspension has been served then it carries into next season. If the Wild take this to 7 games, Cooke will only miss 3 games next year.

Players don't forfeit salary for suspensions during playoffs as their salary has already been paid out during the regular season. If the Wild were to get into the second round and Cooke returned to the lineup, would he then be playing the first 7 games of next season for free?

Read the CBA - Section 18 deals with supplementary discipline. (make it easy for you, pg 122)

Playoffs or not.

Annual Average Salary X 7/number of days in the season

If he were a CBA Repeat Offender

Annual Average Salary X 7/82
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4555
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby BurningBeard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 am

Arachnid wrote:They could put him on the violent sex offenders list....that would make him a Leaf right? :eh:

Or at least someone who's worked at Maple Leaf Gardens.
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Strangelove » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:12 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Arachnid wrote:They could put him on the violent sex offenders list....that would make him a Leaf right? :eh:

Or at least someone who's worked at Maple Leaf Gardens.


Ah yes, Maple Leaf Gardens.

How many Leaf fans have been ravaged in the bowels thereof.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby ClamRussel » Sat May 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Anyone surprised Bollig got 2 *playoff* games for his hit from behind on Ballard?

How does this hit compare to the hit from behind on Daniel in which, not only wasn't Byron suspended, the boarding wasn't even reviewed?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/brandon-bollig-suspended-2-games-for-ballard-hit-1.2638854

With a changing of the guard, perhaps this is a move in the right direction as, by the end, Shanahan was all over the map.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby ClamRussel » Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Arachnid wrote:They could put him on the violent sex offenders list....that would make him a Leaf right? :eh:

Or at least someone who's worked at Maple Leaf Gardens.


Ah yes, Maple Leaf Gardens.

How many Leaf fans have been ravaged in the bowels thereof.


Evidently, not only do Leaf fans accept being ravaged in the bowels, they'll pay quite handsomely for it.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm

10 games for Carcillo. :lol:
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Under Royaldude's bed

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby ClamRussel » Wed May 28, 2014 4:02 pm

0 games for the Dorsett helmet-butt on Weaver's face. :eh:
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu May 29, 2014 4:38 pm

ClamRussel wrote:0 games for the Dorsett helmet-butt on Weaver's face. :eh:



WTF was that ? Should have gotten a game for that nonsense.....maybe two. He fucking rammed him with his head.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2990
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby ClamRussel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:45 am

"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:16 am




It never gets old. Still can't believe there was no suspension and that BB defended the hit. Still remember Cowpuke calling him a faker and diver.

It never gets old, the BS the league is.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am

Man, Alberts is really milking that thing. Obviously some sort of conspiracy to keep a talented young Calgary team out of the playoffs.

Flames fans would stop watching hockey altogther if an embellisher like Alberts was on their team. If a more noble fanbase exists in all of sports, I have yet to see it.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Under Royaldude's bed

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Man, Alberts is really milking that thing. Obviously some sort of conspiracy to keep a talented young Calgary team out of the playoffs.

Flames fans would stop watching hockey altogther if an embellisher like Alberts was on their team. If a more noble fanbase exists in all of sports, I have yet to see it.


Yeah, I heard Alberts is promoting the Sucking Back Cow Farts Causes Brain Damage Conspiracy Theory.

Fucking Alberts, trying to make the best fans in all of sports look like retarded hillbillies! :evil:

If he never plays another game... well he's just plain evil is all.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests