I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sedins need to start using their sticks a lot more liberally . The league doesn't care so start slashing and spearing guys . It should have been a game or two instead the punk gets off scot free after a Linseman inexplicably tackles Biega and throws him to the ice and Mcnabb is too much of a wimp to let go of Prusts arms and actually fight .

It's LA what did anyone really expect ? Dustin Brown threw a filthy flying headbutt at Logan Couture in the season opener and got nothing for it . The league is a bush league . If the players want justice they have to extract it themselves. May as well sign Trevor Gillies and Jesse Boulerice.
The only HW the Canucks need
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Marchand the most hated NHLer gets 3 games suspension for clippin' Borowiecki. :thumbs:
Video: http://ow.ly/Wty6h
Picky, Borowiecki, picky.
Correct call would have been two minute interference call on Borowiecki and an eight to ten game suspension to Marchand but it's the CFL errrrrrr sorry the NHL so who knows what those retards are thinking from day to day . Marchand could have ruined that guys career or even snapped his neck .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Yup no suspension for McNabb for headshot on Sedin.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the- ... sedin-hit/
No harm, no foul. Injury is a significant part of supplemental discipline. Get it through your thick fucking skulls or O'Sulivan's Dad will beat it into you.
Doesn't make it right . Intent should be just as big of a factor as injury imho. Marchand cut the guys legs out rom under him and should have gotten a minimum of 8 games considering he has done the exact same thing before . It's asinine that the league needs to see someone killed or paralyzed before they give a shit . As I said it is a bush league .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Yup no suspension for McNabb for headshot on Sedin.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the- ... sedin-hit/
No harm, no foul. Injury is a significant part of supplemental discipline. Get it through your thick fucking skulls or O'Sulivan's Dad will beat it into you.
Doesn't make it right . Intent should be just as big of a factor as injury imho. Marchand cut the guys legs out rom under him and should have gotten a minimum of 8 games considering he has done the exact same thing before . It's asinine that the league needs to see someone killed or paralyzed before they give a shit . As I said it is a bush league .
You're wasting your time, Topper loves Brad Marchand.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hansen fined for embellishment. Think I've seen him dive once this season. The NHL fucking hates us.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:Hansen fined for embellishment. Think I've seen him dive once this season. The NHL fucking hates us.
They really do rummy....its not a conspiracy theory or paranoia.... It's real and its spectacular..

And I don't care what anybody says...
Getting old is not for the young...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOL get rid of the "Department of Player Safety" and bring back the goons!!

Just trust me on this one...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:LOL get rid of the "Department of Player Safety" and bring back the goons!!

Just trust me on this one...

I trust you Doc. Back when the NHL wasn't so bush league(pre- Buttman) Mcnabb wouldn't even think about nailing Henrick like that. We would have a cement-head type who could hardly skate protecting our high-skilled players.Buttman has brought in his pussy-sport ideas from the NBA and ruined everything.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

So repeat offenders who repeat the same offenses, now get fined and suspended less than before?

McNabb -> Nada. Marchand -> 3 games.

Makes you long for the days of Sherriff Shanny's brand of frontier justice...
Try to focus on THIS year... again
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Marchand is one guy I would actually laugh at if he ended up crippled during a game .
If it happened as a result of him trying to submarine someone, doubly so.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

I wonder if the Bruins would like a do over to keep Lucic and dump Marchand.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Meds wrote:I wonder if the Bruins would like a do over to keep Lucic and dump Marchand.....
Word was they couldn't trade Marchand. With Lucic, after Benning left then Chiarelli, there wern't a lot of Lucic supporters left. They also felt his contract demands would be too rich so trading him and getting the return they did was the right thing to do. Let's face it, if they felt he had 4-5 good years left I think they try to sign him but they do have cap issues so there wasn't/isn't a lot of wiggle room.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Meds wrote:I wonder if the Bruins would like a do over to keep Lucic and dump Marchand.....
Word was they couldn't trade Marchand. With Lucic, after Benning left then Chiarelli, there wern't a lot of Lucic supporters left. They also felt his contract demands would be too rich so trading him and getting the return they did was the right thing to do. Let's face it, if they felt he had 4-5 good years left I think they try to sign him but they do have cap issues so there wasn't/isn't a lot of wiggle room.
When you say they couldn't trade him, do you mean there were no takers because nobody wanted the rat?

As far as salary stuff goes, Marchand has one more year after this one and will likely be looking for close to $6M if his current production continues. I think Marchand hurts the team more than Lucic would, but he also might be a more well rounded 200 foot player than Looch.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Meds keep in mind their cap problems. They needed to shed cap in a big way over the summer. There was serious talk of moving Erikisson(sp). They trade Hamilton because they felt he was a future cap headache, they trade Lucic because he was on an expiring contract and early negotiations let them believe his demands would be too rich for the value/good years left he has. With the rat, I heard no one wanted to pay his salary, plus future expectations, unless the Bruins retained and sweetened the pot. I think he is one of those players whose hockey skills are underrated or at least at times over shadowed by his negative image. He is one of those players most fans love when he is on you team and absolutely hate when not.

Benning liked him. Chiarelli liked him. There could be two teams interested in him, if the price is right, when he is UFA. Those two teams aside I think he will have plenty of suitors when he hits UFA. This may be the summer he gets traded though.

He may demand 6 million but his reputation may squash those hopes.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Can't even fathom the Reffing calls if we had the ratfaced bastard
Getting old is not for the young...