OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby SKYO » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:.

WITH TONIGHT'S RESULTS:

7) Detroit - 80p (11 games remaining)
8) Leafs - 80p (9 games remaining)

9) Capitals - 79p (10 games remaining)
10) Jackets - 78p (11 games remaining)

I want the BJ's to make it, we all need a BJ once in awhile.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Wait for it, wait for it!!


Leaves are in 10th place in the East if you go by points-per-game. :mex:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7068
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Wait for it, wait for it!!


Leaves are in 10th place in the East if you go by points-per-game. :mex:


Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!


I'll work on it. :wink:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7068
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby herb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:10 am

Reimer! Reimer! Reimer! Reimer!
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 am

And so it begins in Leaf land. Fire the coach, can Nonis, Clarkson is a waste of cap space, Reimer must go, Dion isn't any good, let the kids play, team can't play defence......Yama yada yada.

Sounds like us.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby SKYO » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:And so it begins in Leaf land. Fire the coach, can Nonis, Clarkson is a waste of cap space, Reimer must go, Dion isn't any good, let the kids play, team can't play defence......Yama yada yada.

Sounds like us.


Toronto always has to copy us ahaha
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby herb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:06 pm

I only just now watched the Leafs/Devils highlights, but I must say Reimer didn't have much of a chance on two of those goals, and the breakways and odd man rushes against the Leafs seemed to be numerous. Those aren't the goalies' fault!
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Topper » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!


I'll work on it. :wink:

A fleshlight may be most illuminating.

Oh, and the TSN crew has gone silent in the centre of the universe. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 pm

herb wrote:I only just now watched the Leafs/Devils highlights, but I must say Reimer didn't have much of a chance on two of those goals, and the breakways and odd man rushes against the Leafs seemed to be numerous. Those aren't the goalies' fault!


True, the breakaways and odd man rushes against the Leaves have been numerous for the last two seasons.

Last season Reimer and Scrivens rose to the occasion (easier to do in a shortened season).

Bernier was saving their bacon for much of this season, but not so much post Olympics (.904).

Yours truly predicted last summer that he and Reimer would eventually break down under all that pressure. :mex:

I watched the first period of the Leaves game last night, Reimer was shaky from the get-go.

And by get-go I mean the pre-game warmup!

NOT kidding, you could see Jersey players licking their chops.

I was reading a Leaf message board and 90% of the fans were screaming for MacIntyre.

From the get-go.

Reimer was constantly caught out of position and beaten, was lucky to only give up one goal in the 1st

(a few Devils missed open nets.... including Jagr! :shock: ).

Apparently, after being pulled, he sat there on the bench with a huge shit-eating grin for the rest of the game.

Not sure what that was all about, but it prompted more twitter attacks on his wife...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/03/24/april_reimer_wife_of_maple_leaf_james_reimer_attacked_on_twitter.html

Due to offensive language, many of them cannot be printed in this paper. One of the more offensive tweets suggested that April Reimer should stab her husband in the heart while he sleeps.


Personally, I think the Death Penalty is a tad excessive. :roll:

Personally, I like Reimer (AND his wife) :wink: ... I seriously hope he plays more down the stretch.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7068
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby mathonwy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 am

Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Topper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:27 am

mathonwy wrote:Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.

Probably?

So you mean you aren't sure. You may even push things further.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby herb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 am

Yeah Strange, there's no denying that Reimer has been bad this season. Like really bad.

Just pointing out that Toronto's team defense has been a shit show for years is all. If anything, Reimer and Bernier have been god sends to that team, because frankly they shouldn't even be in the playoff race.

I just took a peek at nhl.com and see that Toronto has been outshot by a whopping 584 shots this season! :shock:

Five hundred and eighty four more shots against than shots for. Oh my. The only worse team in this regard is Buffalo.

The Leafs have by far the most shots against per game at 36, and are in the bottom of the league in terms of shots for.

Toronto has some high end skill and some shooters who can score in transition. For most of this year they had very good goaltending. Other than that, they're kind of an awful hockey team.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby BurningBeard » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 am

Topper wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.

Probably?

So you mean you aren't sure. You may even push things further.

I mean, call me old fashioned, but why use Twitter when you can throw a rock through someone's window, with a death threat attached to it? :look:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby rats19 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:20 am

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.

Probably?

So you mean you aren't sure. You may even push things further.

I mean, call me old fashioned, but why use Twitter when you can throw a rock through someone's window, with a death threat attached to it? :look:

That would take some level of bravery... I.e. guts
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Boston Canucker, Google [Bot] and 1 guest