OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

Topper wrote:Stinks of Bountiful. The amount of shit we give the leaves, Charlie makes a humorous counterpoint. He can bunk with RD.
I agree with this.

I believe in the freedom of speech.

BigTuna can act like a douche at times, but he's pretty decent at getting into legit hockey talk and engage him a little.

I like what he brings to this place.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

herb wrote: I supported Luongo when he was here, but his glee at getting traded away and his twatter comments the other night aimed at the Canucks and Lack make me hope he gets shelled every night for the rest of his NHL career.
I don't know......

I think that's kind of a douchebag way of looking at things in my opinion.

The greatest goalie in our franchise history deserves more respect than that.

As much as I dislike the Calgary Flames and their fanbase, those guys showed a lot of support and well wishes to Iginla when he played on the Pens/Bruins.

Leaf fans did the same to Sundin when he came to Vancouver.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Leaf fans turned on Sundin because he refused to waive his NTC and allow them a quick start to re-build. He was then considered a traitor for not going back one more year instead he came here for half a season. All was forgiven when they retired his number but he took a lot of heat before that.

I respect Luongo. I appreciate what he has done for this franchise and for Team Canada. But his tweets during the Dallas game went too far. He was well paid here, he was given the keys to the City. He deserves our thanks but he is losing my respect for his on going antics. At the end of the day he really wasn't treated badly here. Two young goalies started ahead of him, deal with it.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The Brown Knight wrote: I don't know......

As much as I dislike the Calgary Flames and their fanbase, those guys showed a lot of support and well wishes to Iginla when he played on the Pens/Bruins.

By and large I appreciate Luongo. He did some really good things here. He is far and away the best goaltender this franchise has ever had, and we had some of our best years as an organization with him backstopping us. We would not have had our recent success without him.

That being said, Sundin and Iginla never requested trades out of town.

Maybe not wishing Luongo luck in the rest of his career is a douchebag way of looking at things, but the following things Luongo did really pissed me off:
- Saying "my contract sucks" and then crying on TV because he wasn't traded. Yeah, that's really going to improve your trade value. Get over yourself and enjoy those fat paychecks you agreed to in good faith.
- Refusing to do interviews in the summer after Schneider was traded. I guess he was too bummed about being forced to play some more in Vancouver.
- Tweeting "Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends #canucks." in regards to the Kesler trade rumors. This comment seemed self-centered and petty, especially in light of Kesler's teammates saying Kesler told them he doesn't want out.
- Tweeting "#prayforeddie" and "I'd put Thing 4 in for the 3rd period." during the Dallas game. Really professional stuff there.

Maybe I overvalue professionalism, but Luongo has come off as a selfish drama queen to me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I think many of you need a healthy dose of de-sesitivity training.

Many years ago, Harpers Magazine mentioned a survey where men were asked who they would rather sleep with, Wilma Flinstone of Betty Rubble (this was pre Rosie O'Donnell - ok). To our astonishment, the large majority of men polled said Wilma whereas the three of us working together all answered Betty.

This bothered us and we spent some time trying to figure it out. The only thing one colleague could come up with was that Bam-Bam was adopted, Pebbles wasn't. Maybe Betty doesn't fuck!

Of course, maybe we were reading too much into the survey results.

Reading the nonsense spewing from keyboards these days has me thinking of the Betty and Wilma survey.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:I think many of you need a healthy dose of de-sesitivity training.
Fuck you..its hurts man it really hurts
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I don't know......

By and large I appreciate Luongo. He did some really good things here. He is far and away the best goaltender this franchise has ever had, and we had some of our best years as an organization with him backstopping us. We would not have had our recent success without him.

That being said, Sundin and Iginla never requested trades out of town.

Maybe not wishing Luongo luck in the rest of his career is a douchebag way of looking at things, but the following things Luongo did really pissed me off:
- Saying "my contract sucks" and then crying on TV because he wasn't traded. Yeah, that's really going to improve your trade value. Get over yourself and enjoy those fat paychecks you agreed to in good faith.
- Refusing to do interviews in the summer after Schneider was traded. I guess he was too bummed about being forced to play some more in Vancouver.
- Tweeting "Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends #canucks." in regards to the Kesler trade rumors. This comment seemed self-centered and petty, especially in light of Kesler's teammates saying Kesler told them he doesn't want out.
- Tweeting "#prayforeddie" and "I'd put Thing 4 in for the 3rd period." during the Dallas game. Really professional stuff there.

Maybe I overvalue professionalism, but Luongo has come off as a selfish drama queen to me.
Like I said before Luongo was traded, he was/is not a team player. He always puts himself ahead of the team. I am so glad that he is finally gone. Lack might not be as talented as Luongo or Schneider but I really like his little dance after winning a game. :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Betty or Wilma?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote:Lack might not be as talented as Luongo or Schneider but I really like his little dance after winning a game. :mrgreen:
If you like dancing goalies, you're gonna LOVE Markstrom:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Betty or Wilma?
Like Mary-ann ....betty
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Lol
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Dallas-Columbus game interrupted when Rich Peverley collapses on the Dallas bench.

Does not look good. Peverley has a history of cardiac issues.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Dallas-Columbus game interrupted when Rich Peverley collapses on the Dallas bench.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445844

Scary crap especially how good in shape they are.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Dallas-Columbus game interrupted when Rich Peverley collapses on the Dallas bench.

Scary moment for sure. Last word he was taken to hospital, they believe he will be ok but still being assessed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Scary moment for sure. Last word he was taken to hospital, they believe he will be ok but still being assessed.
I heard Chiasson was admitted to the same hospital tonight with a panic attack. :shock:

Strange shit going on....
____
Try to focus on someday.