[quote="The Brown Knight
Can you please post that "Pummeling" you claim?[/quote]
You can find the post yourself if you have the time. Island Nucklehead posted an LOL response to my post and then proceeded to destroy you as well. Rats19 then complemented Isle Nuck on a job well done.
Here's the thing BigTuna:
Your posts on here generally revolve around 3 things:
1) Criticizing the Canucks' current core.
2) Bragging about the Leafs' current core.
3) Bringing up the fact that the Leafs have won cups.
To make a long story short however......
1) This current Canuck core is finished, but they ultimately achieved everything under the Sun except for a Stanley Cup (both team wise and individual accomplishment wise). They ultimately achieved more than the Leafs' core of Gilmour, Sundin, Clark, Tucker, Domi, Cujo, etc. Despite this, the Leafs hold those players and core in much higher regard than we do with our current core...........which supports the notion that Leaf fans are more biased and homeristic in nature than Canuck fans.
2) Leafs have a promising core, but they haven't won anything yet. Win a few rounds first and then we'll talk. Unfortunately for the city of Toronto, your guys' greatest accomplishment with the Leafs last year was getting to a Game 7 against Boston and then completing one of the biggest choke jobs in sporting history. Your second biggest accomplishment was in garnering 100,000 desperate and obsessed hockey fans outside of the Air Canada center for a first round playoff series.
3) Cups. This is just my opinion, but the only two Canadian cities that can rightfully brag about their Cup accomplishments are Montreal and Edmonton. Calgary won it once, but in the 25 years that followed, they have only had about 7-8 semi-respectable seasons. Toronto won their cups during the original 6 era........although for the most part, they were decimated by the Habs. Basically, the Leafs were the equivalent of the BC Lions in the CFL. Yeah.......the Leo's have won Grey Cups, but basically by statistical probability that we'd be able to muster a few good winning seasons. However - if we go up to the Edmonton Eskimos and brag about our Grey Cups, we'd be laughed at........just like the Leafs would be if their fans went up to Hab fans.
By the same token, if Victoria or Halifax got CFL teams one day and the CFL expanded to 30 teams, it would be ridiculous for Lions fans to brag to a city like Victoria or Halifax about having won Grey Cups.......similar to Leaf fans doing that to Canuck fans.
Long story short - if you're on here to get into legit debate, that is fine. If you're here just to troll however, then I suggest for others to ignore you. We already have our resident troll in RoyalDude.
The Canucks retired Marcus Naslund's number. Enough said.