OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The good thing about this time of year is that the fish smell starts to clear up. Should be gone in another two months.

Is this a reference to Big Tuna? :mrgreen:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:55 pm

I am going with the large albacore reference.. :mex:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby The Brown Knight » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Meh.

I have no idea what Strangelove and Topper are arguing about (I'm too lazy to read), but generally speaking, I don't think the Department of Player safety ever had intentions of following things in black and white......even if things are labelled in black and white.

They clearly operate with very large masses of shades of grey and intuition, and don't even really hide the fact that they don't care if it very clearly contradicts the black and white.

P.s. Go Seahawks!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The good thing about this time of year is that the fish smell starts to clear up. Should be gone in another two months.

Is this a reference to Big Tuna? :mrgreen:

I suspect that it will be more than two months. It might be gone til October next year. :mrgreen:
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby The Brown Knight » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:14 pm

I wouldn't count the Leafs out just yet my Hindu friends.

Don't get me wrong.......I dislike the Leafs as much as the next guy, but they should be a much stronger team once they get their centers back. Bolland is out with injury, while Bozak got re-injured if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't rule out the Leafs from not making the playoffs just yet.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:41 pm

"Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue"

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... -continue/

$8.5M per down the drain for 7 years lol jk. :D
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:Meh.

I have no idea what Strangelove and Topper are arguing about (I'm too lazy to read), but generally speaking, I don't think the Department of Player safety ever had intentions of following things in black and white......even if things are labelled in black and white.

They clearly operate with very large masses of shades of grey and intuition, and don't even really hide the fact that they don't care if it very clearly contradicts the black and white.

P.s. Go Seahawks!

The issue is the illusion (through their shiny video series) that it is black & white and they're following some kind of standard...a standard which is a moving target depending on the players involved. Continuing in the storied tradition of Campbell, Shanahan's decisions are sometimes fair, other times hypocritical, confusing, and at best, appear influenced.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I doubt anyone would disagree (edit: strongly) with any of that.

That being said, the appeals process offers some fascinating transparency and should force the league to present a clear and fairly comprehensive case for some of its rulings.

Of course, until they can be forced to explain in a similar fashion why one play is a suspension and another is a slap on the wrist - or other mysteries which continue to elude fans - I don't think it'll help all that much in changing the perception of Shanahan or anyone else running the supplemental discipline show.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby alexBF » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:21 am

What the hell happened to Grabner? He had 2 goals in his first game this year, then not a single goal in the his 28 games since. He had 8 points in his first 7 games and then zero in the 22 games since. Also he has somehow not been a plus player (+/-) since the first 5 games of the season.

Then there's Hodgson. He's been a plus player twice this year (31 games, -9). He has 4 goals & 9 points (and -5) in 19 games since Vanek was traded , a 17 goal, 39 point pace. Since he doesn't bring anything else than offense, 40 points can't keep him in the lineup long can it?

These 2 were looking very good at times over the past 2 years, right now they really are looking like garbage.
alexBF
AHL Prospect

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 am

alexBF wrote:What the hell happened to Grabner? He had 2 goals in his first game this year, then not a single goal in the his 28 games since. He had 8 points in his first 7 games and then zero in the 22 games since. Also he has somehow not been a plus player (+/-) since the first 5 games of the season.

Then there's Hodgson. He's been a plus player twice this year (31 games, -9). He has 4 goals & 9 points (and -5) in 19 games since Vanek was traded , a 17 goal, 39 point pace. Since he doesn't bring anything else than offense, 40 points can't keep him in the lineup long can it?

These 2 were looking very good at times over the past 2 years, right now they really are looking like garbage.

I dunno, you'd have to ask the Dude. He' will know what is wrong. :mrgreen:

I also think Hodgson is out with an injury currently.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Clarkson headed for another suspension. Planted a good elbow and even got a penalty for it. Great signing by Nonis.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:20 pm

quick facts i took from TSN about the Laughs

13 – Losses for the Leafs in the past 19 games.

13 – Number of times in those 19 games that the Leafs allowed three goals or more, losing all but one.

7-7-1 – Leafs record versus the Western Conference this season.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Clarkson headed for another suspension. Planted a good elbow and even got a penalty for it. Great signing by Nonis.

I saw the hit on the lowlights last night. I think it is worth a hearing (Edler), but I see no news of it today.

The inconsistency remains a constant.

Maybe Shanny the media whore is too busy in makeup for the Thornton hearing today? After all, he wouldn't want to look like Brian Burke.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:13 pm

I heard Kypros say that because he was given a penalty on the play the league may feel he received fair punishment. WTF so we get suspensions if the refs miss something. I don't think so!!

And Clarkson is a repeat offender, hell he had 10 games to start the season :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I heard Kypros say that because he was given a penalty on the play the league may feel he received fair punishment.

Kypreos should sue the NHL for not protecting his head. :mrgreen:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat