OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Mondi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 am

If the NHL uses the doublespeak they used to get Keith out of trouble, I won't be surprised.

This is not to mention that fact that the Director of Hockey Operations has a son on the team in question. If that is not a reasonable apprehension of bias, I'm not sure what would be.

Shanahan's boss has a kid on the team! Amazing.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 am

Neal get's 5, and I have to think this is the NHL gearing up to bring the hammer down on Thornton.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695100
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Arachnid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

BurningBeard wrote:Neal get's 5, and I have to think this is the NHL gearing up to bring the hammer down on Thornton.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695100

Yeah, if Neal gets 5 for that Thorny is gonna get.....20? Still not enough to send a message.
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby SKYO » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:25 pm

I think because it's Campbell on that team, they should ban him even longer, just to show there is no bias, they need a deterrent to stop that thuggery of throwing a person down to the ice with a slew foot and proceed to punch that player in the head repeatedly against the ice.

Campbell would approve and expect a good long sentence, I mean suspension.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Lancer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm

SKYO wrote:I think because it's Campbell on that team, they should ban him even longer, just to show there is no bias, they need a deterrent to stop that thuggery of throwing a person down to the ice with a slew foot and proceed to punch that player in the head repeatedly against the ice.

Campbell would approve and expect a good long sentence, I mean suspension.


It's the Bruins - the NHL poster boy for double-standards. I'd be surprised if he got mroe than 10 games.

Unless, you had your tongue firmly in cheeck writing that... :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

He's going to get 10+, and at this point, given what just happened with Neal, I wouldn't be surprised by 15+.

I don't care that it's the Bruins, I'll be floored if he gets less then 10.
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby dangler » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm

prepare to be floored BB
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby SKYO » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Lancer wrote:It's the Bruins - the NHL poster boy for double-standards. I'd be surprised if he got mroe than 10 games.

Unless, you had your tongue firmly in cheeck writing that... :lol:


lol it'll be a lifetime ban bro. 8-)
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Larry Goodenough » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

When are the Bruins going to stop the continued cheap shots against them and finally address their lack of toughness?
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Glad Neal got 5. One of the few times I think Shanny got it right. Also glad Dianna has a hearing. About time he gets a suspension. I'd give him 3 as a non repeat offender.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3499
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Strangelove » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Image

Captain Kangaroo ruled that Neal purposely kneed Marchand in the head.

He insinuated that the suspension would have been longer if Marchand had been injured.

And he said: “Although he is not a repeat offender under the terms of the CBA we cannot ignore the fact that Neal has previously been fined once and suspended twice during his 6 year NHL career.”

Again with this 'we're not supposed to treat him as a repeat offender but we will anyway' crap! :lol:

Whatever, it all smells like bullshit to this cowboy...
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Canuck-One » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 pm

With the pending lawsuit that is to be filed against the NHL about concussions, you would think they should come down hard. I doubt they will though as in reality Jacobs is the NHL boss not Bettman. Shanahan has turned into nothing more than a talking head with somebody else's hand up his ass. I say 5 games. I sure hope I'm wrong and he gets the boot for the rest of the year but I doubt it.
User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Moving to Blackfalds

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby sagebrush » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Glad Neal got 5. One of the few times I think Shanny got it right.

That's the same suspension that Marchand ( a repeat offender) got in 2012 for his hit on Salo, that resulted in a concussion.
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Arachnid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Strangelove wrote:Image

Captain Kangaroo ruled that Neal purposely kneed Marchand in the head.

He insinuated that the suspension would have been longer if Marchand had been injured.

And he said: “Although he is not a repeat offender under the terms of the CBA we cannot ignore the fact that Neal has previously been fined once and suspended twice during his 6 year NHL career.”

Again with this 'we're not supposed to treat him as a repeat offender but we will anyway' crap! :lol:

Whatever, it all smells like bullshit to this cowboy...


And Kassian got 8 :look:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby ClamRussel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Strangelove wrote:Image

Captain Kangaroo ruled that Neal purposely kneed Marchand in the head.

He insinuated that the suspension would have been longer if Marchand had been injured.

And he said: “Although he is not a repeat offender under the terms of the CBA we cannot ignore the fact that Neal has previously been fined once and suspended twice during his 6 year NHL career.”

Again with this 'we're not supposed to treat him as a repeat offender but we will anyway' crap! :lol:

Whatever, it all smells like bullshit to this cowboy...


Both of those caught my attention. I'm tired of injuries playing so much of a factor. Sure they should be considered but if they ever want to honestly try and clean up the game they'll put more weight on intent. Suspending Hansen this year was absurd. Anyways, the "repeat offender" angle really sheds light on the IQ and mindset within the NHL head office. Seriously? Thats some sound logic there, Brendan.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests