OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: More importantly however, we have a good Christian man in David Booth and he is an excellent spiritual leader within our lockerroom.
Truth, why I heard that just this morning David found a troll lurking in the corner of the lockerroom and said to it:

"Thy heart is not right in the sight of God! Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee! For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts chapter 8 verses 21-23."

Amen David, AMEN!
David certainly has a good head on his shoulders and I think his values and ethics makes him a tremendous role model within our community. 8-)
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: David certainly has a good head on his shoulders and I think his values and ethics makes him a tremendous role model within our community. 8-)
Truth, he casts demons out of the wicked and slays the hairy beasts. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: But here's the Beauty of Dougy Wilson, he traded Coyle for Brent Burns and not like say a Ballard for instance. Burns is a monster right now!
Your comparable is White for Ehrhoff. Genius, I know.

I'm a big believer in accountability, so I don't think we get to call Wilson, Holmgren, or GIllis for that matter, a "genius" until they actually do something Dude.

And call me crazy, but all three haven't done shit all in the "genius" category until it results in a cup.
Everybody on planet earth knows that Erhoff was a salary dump for the sharks as they was up against it. But hey keep on rockin in the Free world with your biased gillis opinions. Speaking of Erhoff, gillis let him walk because of the domino affect of trading for Ballard had on the cap. Seems like GMs love
to dump Erhoff for cap reasons
Oh, I get it now, I say GIllis hasn't done shit all in the genius category, and you don't like it because I'm pumping his tires? Thanks Dude, I've really been exposed now, I'll be sure to pull his dick right out of my mouth. :roll:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: David certainly has a good head on his shoulders and I think his values and ethics makes him a tremendous role model within our community. 8-)

David giveth and David taketh. 8-)

The Dark Indian Rises
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Rangers shelled again, 6-0. A work in progress for AV.
First Thomas, now Markstrom lit up in Florida. If only they'd been able to find a goalie on the trade market.
Avs over Boston... wtf?

....aaaaaand the leaves win again with a shutout. (albeit over a crap team). Bernier rocking a .962 so far.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

If any of you are in a keeper pool where Silfverberg is still available, grab him now!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Strangelove wrote:
hmm problem is Sharks aint hairy ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Patrick Roy has Colorado playing some damn good hockey.

They downed the Bruins 2-0.

Meanwhile, Alaign Vigneault and his Rangers have been blown out by a combined score of 15-2 over the past 2 games.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

darren wrote:Rangers shelled again, 6-0. A work in progress for AV.
First Thomas, now Markstrom lit up in Florida. If only they'd been able to find a goalie on the trade market.
Avs over Boston... wtf?

....aaaaaand the leaves win again with a shutout. (albeit over a crap team). Bernier rocking a .962 so far.
I haven't checked the schedule yet, but I hope we play Florida at some point this year and take some massive runs at Tim Thomas. If I was Luongo, I'd challenge Thomas to a fight straight up.

Thomas won't have Boston protecting him anymore and he needs to be held accountable for plowing over the Sedins' from the 2011 finals.

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is this Sean Monahan for real?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I know it's early but is there potential for Monahan to be the best of the '13 crop? He was for awhile projected to be the next best prospect behind McKinnon
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:I know it's early but is there potential for Monahan to be the best of the '13 crop? He was for awhile projected to be the next best prospect behind McKinnon
Monahan is also a calendar year older than the other kids. Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones, Barkov will all be damn good players. Horvat, Lindholm, Zadorov, Shinkaruk and on and on. It was a great draft. Saying who will be the best at this point is a little premature, kinda like a 14 year old on his first date. :roll:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I know it's early but is there potential for Monahan to be the best of the '13 crop? He was for awhile projected to be the next best prospect behind McKinnon
Monahan is also a calendar year older than the other kids. Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones, Barkov will all be damn good players. Horvat, Lindholm, Zadorov, Shinkaruk and on and on. It was a great draft. Saying who will be the best at this point is a little premature, kinda like a 14 year old on his first date. :roll:
Brent Connolly is 4 calendar years older than Monahan and he too was drafted 6th overall, plays in the minors, can't seem to make the Lightning lineup. What's his problem?

Call a spade a spade, Monahan is the real deal
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

He's the real deal is he ? NHL careers are built on the first two weeks of the season on this board I see. Have you even see this kid play ? What does he do well ? Can he play at both ends of the ice ? Is he physical, good on faceoffs ? You probably don't know what hand he shoots. Is he a strong skater with good acceleration ? Would you describe him as someone with a good hockey IQ ?

3000 posts already . Quite the hockey afficionado I guess.

For the record Connolly came out of a brutal draft class. The fact you seem so giddy and have such lovers nuts for one kid on a brutal team in a great draft is just strange really. Would Monahan be getting so much prime toi on a decent team ? That is the question for you and you need to think about it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:He's the real deal is he ? NHL careers are built on the first two weeks of the season on this board I see. Have you even see this kid play ? What does he do well ? Can he play at both ends of the ice ? Is he physical, good on faceoffs ? You probably don't know what hand he shoots. Is he a strong skater with good acceleration ? Would you describe him as someone with a good hockey IQ ?

3000 posts already . Quite the hockey afficionado I guess.

For the record Connolly came out of a brutal draft class. The fact you seem so giddy and have such lovers nuts for one kid on a brutal team in a great draft is just strange really. Would Monahan be getting so much prime toi on a decent team ? That is the question for you and you need to think about it.
Wasn't it you that made the big stinky stink how much older Monahan is and how that justifies his fantastic play out if the gate?

Anyhow

The long and short of Vandalays post here - It bothers him extremely that the Flames have a great young player in the fold whom seemingly has superstar potential written all over him