OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

I'm really warming up to Kassian and am also prepared to say that the Canucks ARE in fact, better off for having traded Hodgson for Kassian.

At this stage, Hodgson is a better play than Kassian, but Kassian fills a greater need to the Canucks than Hodgson would. When Horvat eventually steps in for us, along with the fact that Kassian should only get better, the Hodgson deal will be an after thought in my opinion.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.
Not mine.
Nor mine but that is obvious by now...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:
Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.
Not mine.
Nor mine but that is obvious by now...
LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

SKYO wrote:I'm a Hodgson and Kassian fan.

You need to shave your arms dog. That shit is gross.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Just to pile on some more....the savior Cody Hodgson was benched the final 26:11 of the game last night. Second time in two weeks he was benched for about half the game.

Asked after the game about it Rolston said "we gotta work".
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

tantalum wrote:Just to pile on some more....the savior Cody Hodgson was benched the final 26:11 of the game last night. Second time in two weeks he was benched for about half the game.

Asked after the game about it Rolston said "we gotta work".
:lol: Yeah, saw that. Poor Cody, you can compare apples to oranges all you want but at the very least ol' Zac doesn't have the upbringing that Hodgepodge does....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Oilers losing 2-0 to the Flyers this afternoon. About halfway through the game.

On the second goal Hall blows the zone looking for a breakaway pass or something despite the Oilers not having the puck. Hartnell then receives the pass in pretty much the spot Hall should have been and fires it by Dubnyk. Perfect example of why yhe Oilers are where they are. yes goaltending has been shit but the kids simply have no concept of 200 foot game, team play and puck protection.

edit: apparently in the half game the Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis line played the team shot attempts were 17-3 for the ducks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

As you all know, thought the Oilers would be a tad better than the suckville they are now. It's quite obvious that 'the stars in the making - kids' are pretty awful at play away from the puck, defensive zone coverage, etc. Dubnyk ain't great but man is he left alone. Yak and Eberle are so awful at defense it ain't funny. You see it in Yak's body language, similar to Bure and Ovechkin that all they care about as soon as they step on the ice is dazzling offensively, the difference being, Yak will never be a Bure and Ovi, to make up for that deficiency. Taylor Hall, a total reckless abandon out there, his linemate are constantly left in the dark as to what he does next, all over the ice and all he wants to do is play by himself and run around blind like David Booth. RNH, probably the best of the bunch but is so fucking rail thin. Justin Schultz, decent offensively but totally useless defensively.

The Colorado kids are way more mature and way better defensively and away from the puck. Big troubles in Oil town, it's too early to write them off but serious chemistry problems on the team, too many smallish, dipsy doodlers on the team, throw Hemsky, Omark and Gagner in that group as well.

Would not be surprised if Eberle or Yak is traded

In this day and age of the new NHL, if your team isn't built to handle the 200 foot game, good in all three areas, goalie, defense and a proper mix at forward, you will struggle. In Oil town, they keep trying to build the new Gretzky era high octane offense but have completely neglected the fact that the game is totally different now than it was then.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

It's actually hilarious that the Oilers are down 2-0 to the Flyers.

Battle for the best lottery odds I suppose.

The only way this would be better is if Bryzgalov was in net.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

RoyalDude wrote:...........In Oil town, they keep trying to build the new Gretzky era high octane offense but have completely neglected the fact that the game is totally different now than it was then.
Living in the past is what old boys clubs do best. The Oilers brain trust is an old boys club.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Art Vandelay wrote:You need to shave your arms dog. That shit is gross.
lol almost creeper like arms r.i.p.

Giroux finally scores! ... of course vs the Oilers. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hall is a strange player. He does have some unbelievable skills. Top notch. But he is David Booth dumb. Maybe even more dumb.

Moulson apparently not impressed with the benching last night. I can see that. He's a new guy to the team it is surprising to bench him. Hodgson and Ennis I could see especially since on the last shift I remember them playing they single handedly got the Sabres trapped in the offensive zone for about a minute.

What a terrible afternoon of hockey...Oilers, Flyers, and Panthers. The 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the league going into action on the day. The FLyers managed to leap frog the Oilers, Florida and Columbus in the standings.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:Hall is a strange player. He does have some unbelievable skills. Top notch. But he is David Booth dumb. Maybe even more dumb.
He's totally unpredictable on the ice and directionless, I don't think he even knows what he is doing. That kind of style is gonna get his dumb ass head knocked off one day, much like David Booth. I feel bad for his linemates.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

sagebrush wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:...........In Oil town, they keep trying to build the new Gretzky era high octane offense but have completely neglected the fact that the game is totally different now than it was then.
Living in the past is what old boys clubs do best. The Oilers brain trust is an old boys club.
LOL remember this,
Are you saying to me you’re getting impatient after three years? And lastly I’ll say, there’s one other guy I believe in hockey today, that is still working in the game, that has won more Stanley Cups than me, so I think I know a little bit about winning if that’s ever a concern.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Yes Mr. Lowe, it's a concern.