OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah, is time for Big Tuna to be gutted?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

dbr wrote:Yep. Some moron at The Province = "Vancouver" :lol:

Why is anyone still responding to this tool?
I'm sure if it was a Toronto publication you guys would say it means nothing...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Brown Knight wrote:Very happy for Lou..........even if it was against the Sabres.

I'm thinking about co-following the Panthers next season.
Luo played really well last night. Absolutely under siege in the last minute of regulation when the Buffaslugs pulled Neuvrith for the extra attacker and made some big saves to preserve the win and the SO.

First SO for the cats since March 11, 2012.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BigTuna wrote:
dbr wrote:Yep. Some moron at The Province = "Vancouver" :lol:

Why is anyone still responding to this tool?
I'm sure if it was a Toronto publication you guys would say it means nothing...
wow - and they say Vancouver fans are delusional.

As long as you have the like of Dianne on the team you will never go far.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

BigTuna wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
BigTuna wrote: The playoffs are a lock for the leaves.
LOL.

And a few weeks ago when I was pummeling you in our debate, you threw up a white flag stating, "The only thing that matters are cups and the Canucks have zero cups."
Again - I'm not denying that the leaves have some fairly respectable talent. Just win a round or two before coming on here with such arrogance.
Can you please post that "Pummeling" you claim?
You can find the post yourself if you have the time. Island Nucklehead posted an LOL response to my post and then proceeded to destroy you as well. Rats19 then complemented Isle Nuck on a job well done.

Here's the thing BigTuna:

Your posts on here generally revolve around 3 things:

1) Criticizing the Canucks' current core.
2) Bragging about the leaves' current core.
3) Bringing up the fact that the leaves have won cups.

To make a long story short however......

1) This current Canuck core is finished, but they ultimately achieved everything under the Sun except for a Stanley Cup (both team wise and individual accomplishment wise). They ultimately achieved more than the leaves' core of Gilmour, Sundin, Clark, Tucker, Domi, Cujo, etc. Despite this, the leaves hold those players and core in much higher regard than we do with our current core...........which supports the notion that Leaf fans are more biased and homeristic in nature than Canuck fans.

2) leaves have a promising core, but they haven't won anything yet. Win a few rounds first and then we'll talk. Unfortunately for the city of Toronto, your guys' greatest accomplishment with the leaves last year was getting to a Game 7 against Boston and then completing one of the biggest choke jobs in sporting history. Your second biggest accomplishment was in garnering 100,000 desperate and obsessed hockey fans outside of the Air Canada center for a first round playoff series.

3) Cups. This is just my opinion, but the only two Canadian cities that can rightfully brag about their Cup accomplishments are Montreal and Edmonton. Calgary won it once, but in the 25 years that followed, they have only had about 7-8 semi-respectable seasons. Toronto won their cups during the original 6 era........although for the most part, they were decimated by the Habs. Basically, the leaves were the equivalent of the BC Lions in the CFL. Yeah.......the Leo's have won Grey Cups, but basically by statistical probability that we'd be able to muster a few good winning seasons. However - if we go up to the Edmonton Eskimos and brag about our Grey Cups, we'd be laughed at........just like the leaves would be if their fans went up to Hab fans.

By the same token, if Victoria or Halifax got CFL teams one day and the CFL expanded to 30 teams, it would be ridiculous for Lions fans to brag to a city like Victoria or Halifax about having won Grey Cups.......similar to Leaf fans doing that to Canuck fans.

Long story short - if you're on here to get into legit debate, that is fine. If you're here just to troll however, then I suggest for others to ignore you. We already have our resident troll in RoyalDude. :D
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="The Brown Knight
Can you please post that "Pummeling" you claim?[/quote]

You can find the post yourself if you have the time. Island Nucklehead posted an LOL response to my post and then proceeded to destroy you as well. Rats19 then complemented Isle Nuck on a job well done.

Here's the thing BigTuna:

Your posts on here generally revolve around 3 things:

1) Criticizing the Canucks' current core.
2) Bragging about the leaves' current core.
3) Bringing up the fact that the leaves have won cups.

To make a long story short however......

1) This current Canuck core is finished, but they ultimately achieved everything under the Sun except for a Stanley Cup (both team wise and individual accomplishment wise). They ultimately achieved more than the leaves' core of Gilmour, Sundin, Clark, Tucker, Domi, Cujo, etc. Despite this, the leaves hold those players and core in much higher regard than we do with our current core...........which supports the notion that Leaf fans are more biased and homeristic in nature than Canuck fans.
2) leaves have a promising core, but they haven't won anything yet. Win a few rounds first and then we'll talk. Unfortunately for the city of Toronto, your guys' greatest accomplishment with the leaves last year was getting to a Game 7 against Boston and then completing one of the biggest choke jobs in sporting history. Your second biggest accomplishment was in garnering 100,000 desperate and obsessed hockey fans outside of the Air Canada center for a first round playoff series.

3) Cups. This is just my opinion, but the only two Canadian cities that can rightfully brag about their Cup accomplishments are Montreal and Edmonton. Calgary won it once, but in the 25 years that followed, they have only had about 7-8 semi-respectable seasons. Toronto won their cups during the original 6 era........although for the most part, they were decimated by the Habs. Basically, the leaves were the equivalent of the BC Lions in the CFL. Yeah.......the Leo's have won Grey Cups, but basically by statistical probability that we'd be able to muster a few good winning seasons. However - if we go up to the Edmonton Eskimos and brag about our Grey Cups, we'd be laughed at........just like the leaves would be if their fans went up to Hab fans.

By the same token, if Victoria or Halifax got CFL teams one day and the CFL expanded to 30 teams, it would be ridiculous for Lions fans to brag to a city like Victoria or Halifax about having won Grey Cups.......similar to Leaf fans doing that to Canuck fans.

Long story short - if you're on here to get into legit debate, that is fine. If you're here just to troll however, then I suggest for others to ignore you. We already have our resident troll in RoyalDude. :D[/quote]

The Canucks retired Marcus Naslund's number. Enough said.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:Yeah, is time for Big Tuna to be gutted?
Yeah pretty much.

The guy talks leaves on a Canucks board... and now he comes and just posts non-sensical bullshit about retiring Naslund's number or planning parade routes.

Obviously he forgets the 10,000 fans that packed downtown Toronto to watch the greatest choke in playoff history (First round too... sad), or how Mats Sundin preferred signing in Vancouver than remaining a Leaf, or that the leaves Stanley Cup drought is the longest in hockey, and they haven't even made a Finals in 47 years.

The Six Day War, Cool Hand Luke, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and the leaves last Stanley Cup.

Get rid of this twat.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

why kick out the tuna ? You guys trying to Bountifulize this place? Sure he is a troll... who cares ? His team is going to make the playoffs for the 2nd time in a decade and he feels pretty good about it. I don't like the long term outlook of the leaves but at least he'll get to watch his team in the tournament. Let him have his fun and don't ban him for being a retard . He has been around for a decade and like a long lost grubby basset hound he keeps coming back for a smack in the grill .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Yeah, is time for Big Tuna to be gutted?
Yeah pretty much.

The guy talks leaves on a Canucks board... and now he comes and just posts non-sensical bullshit about retiring Naslund's number or planning parade routes.

Obviously he forgets the 10,000 fans that packed downtown Toronto to watch the greatest choke in playoff history (First round too... sad), or how Mats Sundin preferred signing in Vancouver than remaining a Leaf, or that the leaves Stanley Cup drought is the longest in hockey, and they haven't even made a Finals in 47 years.

The Six Day War, Cool Hand Luke, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and the leaves last Stanley Cup.

Get rid of this twat.
Mats refused to waive his NTC to leave Toronto. That never happens. He was only available to sign because the leaves had moved on.

And the biggest choke jobs are losing a series after leading 3 games to 0, like Boston in 2010'.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BT..Do me a favour please.

Tell me the point of your presence here.

Give you some options:

are you trying to convert fans to the leaves?

are you trying to belittle another teams fanbase?

Do you consider it like a sport and you are just playing it?

Do you have fun here?

Tell me please why you go through all this for so long?

I personally have spent less than one hour at all the other fan sites of the other teams in total.

I am in a different position at the moment but have always vehemently defended my team through good and bad times and lord know we have had both here.

So please enlighten me as to the attraction, maybe i can use a little of it myself..

rat
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dallas and Minny in a bar fight.Cooke with another knee. Minny player head butts Lehtinon, knocks off his mask, head hits cross bar and Tim Thomas now in net.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Dallas and Minny in a bar fight.Cooke with another knee. Minny player head butts Lehtinon, knocks off his mask, head hits cross bar and Tim Thomas now in net.
Looks like the Wild trying to take out the Stars.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Dallas and Minny in a bar fight.Cooke with another knee. Minny player head butts Lehtinon, knocks off his mask, head hits cross bar and Tim Thomas now in net.
Looks like the Wild trying to take out the Stars.

The PPs generated by those plays propelled the Stars to victory.

Just guessing, but I'd say Lehtonen is out for a while with a concussion.

The Stars may have to run with old man Thomas down the stretch.

Winnipeg, Phoenix, and Dallas are the 3 teams Canucks need to beat out for that last wildcard spot.

Winnipeg and Phoenix should be easy enough to beat out.

Dallas was by far going to be the tough one.

Maybe the injury to Lehtonen gives Canucks a fighting chance? :mex:

This is all assuming Canucks play shutdown hockey to perfection and flip the switch offensively.
Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And Dallas wins. Too bad.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Best Deadline Deal Just Became Thomas to Dallas.