OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boy Florida looks like they could use an NHL goalie!
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Boy Florida looks like they could use an NHL goalie!
I'll never understand why Luongo didn't end up in Florida. At least one GM was being unreasonably stubborn or putting his ego before his team.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watch for the Flyers to be open to a big deal early this year. They've been getting their asses handed to them so far and there was some talk of Laviolette already on thin ice.

They have some interesting pieces there...
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Watch for the Flyers to be open to a big deal early this year. They've been getting their asses handed to them so far and there was some talk of Laviolette already on thin ice.

They have some interesting pieces there...
I always thought Luongo was a good choice for Philly but I think they missed their opportunity. We have no one to play if Luongo goes now but I guess for the right offer!!! :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

I dont know where to put this but I'm gonna lay it down here.

This afternoon TSN.ca had their lead story about the leaves/Sens matchup front and center. Burr being out as a top six fwd was a side story. So if JVR or Lupes or god forbid his savior Kess was out would we hear about it on RSN?

Now they have a re-cap praising Raymond and the leaves while Vancouver gets shut the shit in once again,

Call me bitter, but I've logged twice into TSN.ca today and twice was reminded of who the most amazing team in the whole world is.

How many leaves did you take in your pool SL? :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All those teams that have shitty goalies could have grabbed Luongo for peanuts, now Lu is untouchable! :devil:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

darren wrote:Great win for the leaves in a very entertaining game...early indications are that it's going to be a long year for the Leaf-haters here. :D The leaves look quite deep at every position, even *without* their marquee free agent signing and Kulemin.

Bernier looks like the real deal and seemingly has the inside track on the starter's job already. Bolland has been spectacular and has pushed Kadri down a line, and Raymond has been a revelation. They're a little sloppy defensively sometimes but with Bernier in net and three potent scoring lines when healthy they should be able to outscore their problems. Winning their division is a realistic possibility.

The Canucks look like they'll be lucky to claw their way to another first round beating, but at least I can enjoy the Toronto-San Jose final! :mrgreen:
Just two regular season games in and you are calling a Toronto-San Jose final? That is why leaves fans are always a joke. leaves are always good in the first twenty games or so and down to earth after. They were lucky to make the playoffs because there were only 48 games. As for the Sharks, when did they ever make it to the final? As usual, they will lose in the second or third round like usual with that big crying baby, Thornton. Would you put down some serious money for a final that features these two teams today?
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Raymond who? The dude who just scored 10% of his total goals for this season?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

CFP! wrote: This afternoon TSN.ca had their lead story about the leaves/Sens matchup front and center.
Call me bitter, but I've logged twice into TSN.ca today and twice was reminded of who the most amazing team in the whole world is.
One more time:
Population of Ontario: 14 million
Population of BC: 4 million

On a national network you're going to hear more about the leaves than you are about the Canucks (and you're going to hear more about the Canucks than you are about the Jets). That's just how it is. It has nothing to do with the relative merits of the teams. You west coasters really need to get over it. I love the Canucks (I lived in BC for decades), but I'm not so sure about their fans and their whiny inferiority complexes.
Would you put down some serious money for a final that features these two teams today?
Depends on the odds. I wouldn't put even money on *any* two teams appearing in the final (to go all the way, any team needs luck, lack of injuries, continued good play, etc), but I do think there are several "contenders" who have all the pieces to go deep, and from what I've seen, the 2013-2014 Toronto Maple leaves are one of them: they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Boston, Pittsburgh, LA, Chicago, StLoo, and San Jose. There, I said it.
Raymond seems to be enjoying playing with a centre who can pass.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

darren wrote: One more time:
Shouldn't you be comparing the number of Leaf fans in Canada to the number of Canucks fans?

And by the way Derwood, in case you didn't realize, there is an NHL team in Ottawa. :roll:
darren wrote: I do think there are several "contenders" who have all the pieces to go deep, and from what I've seen, the 2013-2014 Toronto Maple leaves are one of them: they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Boston, Pittsburgh, LA, Chicago, StLoo, and San Jose. There, I said it.
... there, you're officially a moron.

(and a typical Leaf fan) Image

The consensus of hockey pundits seems to be that the Leaves are a bubble team.

Starting the season with three straight wins is not going to change that consensus.

It's a long season Dagwood and I'm sure you'll disappear as soon as your Leaves enter a losing skid.
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

darren wrote:
CFP! wrote: This afternoon TSN.ca had their lead story about the leaves/Sens matchup front and center.
One more time:

On a national network you're going to hear more about the leaves than you are about the Canucks (and you're going to hear more about the Canucks than you are about the Jets). That's just how it is. It has nothing to do with the relative merits of the teams. You west coasters really need to get over it. I love the Canucks (I lived in BC for decades), but I'm not so sure about their fans and their whiny inferiority complexes.
Would you put down some serious money for a final that features these two teams today?
Depends on the odds. I wouldn't put even money on *any* two teams appearing in the final (to go all the way, any team needs luck, lack of injuries, continued good play, etc), but I do think there are several "contenders" who have all the pieces to go deep, and from what I've seen, the 2013-2014 Toronto Maple leaves are one of them: they deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Boston, Pittsburgh, LA, Chicago, StLoo, and San Jose. There, I said it.

Christ, Darren I gotta find out where you live because you're obviously getting ahold of the best drugs known to man. Good drugs buddy,but they're making you totally delusional. You can't be serious about ranking the Laughs up there with those teams after watching 3 games. Wow!!!
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Strangelove wrote: blah blah blah blah blah.........
It's a long season Dagwood and I'm sure you'll disappear as soon as your Leaves enter a losing skid.
You're one to talk.

I've been posting on this site (or central before that) for almost a decade now. I'm not going anywhere. I'm making a prediction. If I turn out to be wrong I'll admit it and take my lumps, which is more than I can say for loudmouthed ______ like you.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:
darren wrote:
One more time:

Christ, Darren I gotta find out where you live because you're obviously getting ahold of the best drugs known to man. Good drugs buddy,but they're making you totally delusional. You can't be serious about ranking the Laughs up there with those teams after watching 3 games. Wow!!!

LMAO, fuck are you guys a bunch of nervous fucking nellies, all worried and stressed about the leaves having any kind of success, making the playoffs. WHO THE FUCK CARES! Good for them, either way why fucking worry about it. Worry about your own team. You guys sound like a bunch of bitchy girls all jealous at the new hot chick at school. I'm almost welcoming an amazing season from the leaves just so I can be entertained by the bitchy sad faces that you will all have from it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Well he does have a Canucks logo on his Torontoilet avatar AND he has been around forever so I'd cut him a little slack Doc...

But....

For the record, this team you are now hitchin' your ride to is a proven fader.

Proven.

18 wheeler off the cliff proven.

Might want to get through the season before you start loading them onto your top 4 rankings.

Better yet, come on back into the Canuck fold and forget all this nonsense about Fanoof love and what not
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

darren wrote: You're one to talk.

I've been posting on this site (or central before that) for almost a decade now. I'm not going anywhere. I'm making a prediction. If I turn out to be wrong I'll admit it and take my lumps, which is more than I can say for loudmouthed ______ like you.
OMG I'm like soooo sorry for upsetting you there Derwick! :mrgreen:

... but hey you DO seem to disappear for long stretches amirite?

Also please note the fact you kept your beak shut about your precious Leaves for most of that "decade". Image

Just trying to drive you back into the closet Re: your precious Leaves!

You should be on your knees thanking me. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.