OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by mathonwy »

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:But after that, then you kick him when he is down and you keep on kicking. A person needs to hit rock bottom before they can move forward. So the kicking is an act of kindness.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but the one thing Nonis was always good at in Vancouver (and was directly responsible for, even while Burke was GM) was contracts. What the hell happened?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Desperation. They along with the Canucks bungled the opportunity to land a franchise goalie and in desperation traded for Bernier. Now I like Bernier but it it is too soon to hail him the saviour. During that process the alienated Reimer.

More desperation they signed Clarkson that basically everyone laughed at.

They re-signed Phaneuf to a contract that was desperate and laughable. Nonis is acting out of desperation. Here he never seemed desperate but preached patience and calmness. And ya, he was a great contracts guy.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:Desperation. They along with the Canucks bungled the opportunity to land a franchise goalie and in desperation traded for Bernier. Now I like Bernier but it it is too soon to hail him the saviour. During that process the alienated Reimer.

More desperation they signed Clarkson that basically everyone laughed at.

They re-signed Phaneuf to a contract that was desperate and laughable. Nonis is acting out of desperation. Here he never seemed desperate but preached patience and calmness. And ya, he was a great contracts guy.
Hah hah.... H Dub, you will never forgive the Laughs for trying to fuck us over with the whole Luo trade eh?

:lol:

Desperation seems to be the only plausible explanation but what do I know.. I'm not a Laughs fan.

We need fish-breath here to weigh in.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

That has to be the end of Carlyle. I see Nonis getting another shot to make the leaves a playoff team.

Then again... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=448827
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports that Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Tim Leiweke has reached out to NHL Director of Player Safety Brendan Shanahan in regards to a "top hockey operations position" with the Maple leaves.
Shannahan comes in for a season as "senior advisor" and then if/when Nonis can't improve the team, he takes over as GM?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Nonis is acting out of desperation. Here he never seemed desperate but preached patience and calmness. And ya, he was a great contracts guy.
Yeah all of the Canadian teams have super high pressure to win-now-at-all-costs type of mindset, from the owners to the media hounds and obnoxious fans, it's pretty prohibitive to a teams success sometimes, hence no Canadian team has done well for many years, coincidentally ever since Bettman got hired. :o

Meanwhile the American NHL teams have much less pressure to win, as they're a lot of bigger sports/franchises to focus on with the NFL, MLB and NBA.

So they can toil away and get good picks, stealing/drafting the top tier Canadian centers and dmen in the process.

haha going off on a tangent here, It is why I hope McDavid goes to a Canadian team next year.. however...I hate a lot of Canadian fans, we are all bunch of assholes to any Canadian team that isn't ours.
Too much passion, like a light version of those psycho Euro soccer fans.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Shea Weber pissed about missing post season... http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/ ... s/7493379/

Could be a good time to steal Paul Fenton who then might be able to trade for Weber!? :D

(no that ship will never sail)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mental illness is not something to be made fun of or taken lightly. But after that, then you kick him when he is down and you keep on kicking. A person needs to hit rock bottom before they can move forward. So the kicking is an act of kindness.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"Brendan Shanahan to step down from NHL Director of Player Safety to accept executive position with Maple leaves, likely team President."

So Colin Campbell back to the league office?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:"Brendan Shanahan to step down from NHL Director of Player Safety to accept executive position with Maple leaves, likely team President."

I nominate Mike Gilles.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:"Brendan Shanahan to step down from NHL Director of Player Safety to accept executive position with Maple leaves, likely team President."

I'm putting my money on Kerry Fraser. :mex:

That way the NHL wouldn't have to worry about him publicly shooting down their decisions anymore. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:

That way the NHL wouldn't have to worry about him publicly shooting down their decisions anymore. :mrgreen:
I'd actually be OK with that other than he has a tendency to support the on ice officials. They need someone like Lindros who can take head shots seriously! :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:

lol that's actually genius!