OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

Even if the leaves make the playoffs, I'm not so certain that they'll achieve much success.

They have a pretty good offense, but I'm seeing some pretty bad defensive breakdowns.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Knight wrote:Even if the leaves make the playoffs, I'm not so certain that they'll achieve much success.

They have a pretty good offense, but I'm seeing some pretty bad defensive breakdowns.
The East is wide open. Anything can happen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

leaves lose 5 in row.

Jets lose to Canes.

Stars beat Sens.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: leaves lose 5 in row.
Not yet, don't jinx it. :wink:

But if you rank teams on a points-per-game basis, leaves are out of the playoffs at the moment.

Boston 101 points in 71 games
Tampa 86 points in 71 games
Montreal 85 points in 72 games
Detroit 79 points in 70 games
Toronto 80 points in 72 games

Pittsburgh 97 points in 70 games
Philly 83 points in 70 games
NYR 82 points in 72 games
CBS 78 points in 70 games

(Columbus and Detroit are ahead of Pigtown if you rank on a points-per-game basis)

But I thought Tunafish said the Leaves were a lock to make the playoffs? :?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote: But hey, don't worry, Leaves are always great down the stretch and who cares if Bernie is injured right? :mex:
Indeed who cares if Bernier is injured. we'll just go with the guy that got the leaves in the playoffs last season and posted a .921 save % in doing so.
You mean the guy who has posted a .891 save % since November 25?

The guy whose confidence has been completely shattered by his coach and GM?

The guy who was allowed to play through a possible concussion on Thursday?

THAT guy?? :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
lol doc thats priceless
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fatso Creepy Laugher Loner

GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GWG S S%
REGULAR SEASON 72 35 40 75 -2 21 8 0 6 275 12.7

Nice Young Star Party Stud

REGULAR SEASON 68 31 42 73 14 4 8 0 5 236 13.1

I wonder who's winning that race eh?! GuppieFish?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Arachnid wrote:Fatso Creepy Laugher Loner

REGULAR SEASON 72 35 40 75 -2 21 8 0 6 275 12.7

Nice Young Star Party Stud

REGULAR SEASON 68 31 42 73 14 4 8 0 5 236 13.1

I wonder who's winning that race eh?! GuppieFish?
You need to keep your trap shut.

Last thing we want to do is anger the hockey gods and which prompts them to let the leaves go on a winning streak to qualify for the playoffs.

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched Mr. Neighborhood Coordinator. :stupid:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oilers big loss...the eternal rebuild some of you want for the canucks haha.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hall also allegedly tossed a water bottle that got Eakins suit wet. Hall was then benched for 13 minutes.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:Oilers big loss...the eternal rebuild some of you want for the canucks haha.
Who in the fuck said that?

Doing anything the oilers way is wrong, Canucks have enough that picking 5th right now is better than picking 12 and just missing on the playoffs by a point. It is worse to pick 14th or 15th an get blown out in the 1st round again.

This season is done, this core is done. Changes are needed and if I knew what it should be then I would be a GM. It could be something small or something large, there are many options but I don't know of anyone saying we tank for 5 seasons like the Oilers have.

I cant even see us shitting the bed enough next season to even be thinking about a top 5 pick.

This team will be better with some changes and youth integrated next year.

Now after today, the standings could change a lot, lets hope the hockey gods like to play cruel jokes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oilers MGMT created this mess by giving the keys to the prized kids instead of bringing them in gingerly. No proper veteran leadership in the room, viola, this is what you get. Yakupov is a major bust, that doesn't help, Eberle is extremely overrated, talk about a bad contract. RNH should have done two more years in junior and Taylor Hall is a silver spooned crybaby. It also doesn't help that their so called prized kids are smallish lightweights, Schultz included.

I will say this, Klefbom looks good. Nurse is propably the best draft they've made in years and they most likely will have Ekblad to add to that. That being said, this team will be in the running for McDavid, Barzal, Eichel and Konenchy in the 2015 draft unless they can bring in some quality veterans to take over the room from the brats cause if they expect a 19 year old Nurse and an 18 year old Ekblad to save the day, then Oiler management really is fucked in the head

One more thing, Bob Hartley should get coach if the year consideration with what he has done with that motley crew, even though they are way down in the standings they come to play every night and over their heads.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hey Doc, get your hand out of your pocket. It's too early to celebrate yet!
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I will say this, Klefbom looks good. Nurse is propably the best draft they've made in years and they most likely will have Ekblad to add to that. That being said, this team will be in the running for McDavid, Barzal, Eichel and Konenchy in the 2015 draft unless they can bring in some quality veterans to take over the room from the brats cause if they expect a 19 year old Nurse and an 18 year old Ekblad to save the day, then Oiler management really is fucked in the head
Yep. Sending a rookie RNH out there at 160 pounds soaking wet was a serious mistake. I never understood why rebuilding teams force their young, highly touted picks into the roster when they aren't physically ready for the NHL. Adding to the mismanagement of prospects, that team is run by party boys who are more concerned about picking up blonde's post-game then winning.

The Oilers would have been far better off overpaying the Canucks for Schneider. At least they'd have a #1 goalie and a talented crew of forwards to build around. As it is, they're still looking for a starting goalie and a couple of top-4 d-men.
One more thing, Bob Hartley should get coach if the year consideration with what he has done with that motley crew, even though they are way down in the standings they come to play every night and over their heads.
Roy has that award locked up.