OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by tantalum »

The lost saviors of the canucks offense:

Grabner with 1 point in his last 22 games. No goals in 25. Healthy scratch 3 times.

Hodgson on a 48 point pace. 3 points in the last 12 games. 44% in faceoffs (162nd among centers). 3rd worst Fenwick in the league (75% GP or more).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Like an old injury that quits hurting..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The 6 least played Canuck players in last nights game and their minutes

Dale Weise - 12:30
Janik Hansen - 11:56
Zack Kassian - 6:40
Andrew Alberta - 6:33
Zack Dalpe - 6:15
Tom Sestito - 5:51

Interesting the drop from Hansen to the next player by minutes is nearly half his minutes

Tom Sestito certainly makes the most of his minutes

I remember the days of posters blaming AV for Zacks poor development by not giving him the proper amount of minutes to develop
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

6 minute range for the 4th line is not unusual.

I don't understand the over joy about Sestito. He does his job as a fourth line guy,little more, but where is the help on the PK that Gillis mumbled about after Gillman botched the waiver wire? If you watch him, his hit are closer to a cookie monsters than I'm comfortable with.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Hodgson on a 48 point pace. 3 points in the last 12 games. 44% in faceoffs (162nd among centers). 3rd worst Fenwick in the league (75% GP or more).
Can my horse get any higher?

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:Hodgson on a 48 point pace. 3 points in the last 12 games. 44% in faceoffs (162nd among centers). 3rd worst Fenwick in the league (75% GP or more).
Can my horse get any higher?
apparently 5.33%
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:6 minute range for the 4th line is not unusual.

I don't understand the over joy about Sestito. He does his job as a fourth line guy,little more, but where is the help on the PK that Gillis mumbled about after Gillman botched the waiver wire? If you watch him, his hit are closer to a cookie monsters than I'm comfortable with.
Woopsy, me bad. I forgot that we've lowered our expectations regarding lazy bones Kassian. We've always needed a 4th line player like Zack. Trading 10th overall picks in an offensively skilled center like Hodgson for Zack is a once in a lifetime deal. What a steal for us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Fuck, RD slashed me. Fortunately I have a HAZMAT suit for skin.

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:6 minute range for the 4th line is not unusual.

Woopsy, me bad. I forgot that we've lowered our expectations regarding lazy bones Kassian. We've always needed a 4th line player like Zack. Trading 10th overall picks in an offensively skilled center like Hodgson for Zack is a once in a lifetime deal. What a steal for us.
I'm gonna laugh when Zack finally "gets it" and the "flashes" we've seen become more frequent and eventually his everyday game.

Anyone take note of him racing back on defense there in the third and take away the skater going to the net for a pass? Some of the best speed I've seen from him, and it was getting back and making a good defensive read......it looked like he was skating down hill almost.

I do want to see him play with the Sedins again though. He doesn't have to stay there, but giving him the chance to move up the lineup when there are injured players sitting out just makes sense, it will help his development if he gets some time with them and puts up some points. Confidence, confidence, confidence. So important. A good example is Jason King, got some flow with the Sedins, gained huge confidence, and then was playing like a top 6 forward, but then he slumped, lost his mojo, and didn't really play in the NHL again. I'd venture to say that Kassian has a lot more upside to him than King did. Even experienced players struggle with this, look at Booth, a true second line winger most places in the league, but he got hurt, he struggled, lost his confidence, and he looked like a speedy 4th line plug. Comes back, gets scratched, then scores a big goal and adds an assist in Ottawa, looked like a different player almost instantly.

We've seen it in Zack's game too, whenever he scores he looks like a dangerous player for the next couple of games, it's his consistency that needs work.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Anyone take note of him racing back on defense there in the third and take away the skater going to the net for a pass? Some of the best speed I've seen from him, and it was getting back and making a good defensive read......it looked like he was skating down hill almost.
hmmm, isn't that like supposed to be a given with any back checking forward in the NHL? I don't know, I don't know, maybe ole Chef Boi RD is being a bit harsh to be putting those kind of expectations on a forward back checking in the NHL. Maybe Zacks a charity case, and he's just along for the ride and the rest of the team picks up the slack. I mean, how long has Zack played hockey for? Nearly his whole life, is this not something you learn when they first teach you hockey?

I could understand if it was a 36 year old Mats Sundin with bad knees trying to back check, but isn't Zack like a healthy young 22 year old man, full of beans? What would be stopping him from doing what I thought was standard per usual when it comes to back checking?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: I'm gonna laugh when Zack finally "gets it" and the "flashes" we've seen become more frequent and eventually his everyday game.
So, this is a guarantee? That after this long in the show that Zack is going to one day *SEE THE LIGHT* and turn into Cam Neely-Milan Lucic etc.? Sort of like when whimpy/nerdy Peter Parker got bit by a spider and then the next morning he's flying from building to building punching out criminals and bringing them to justice.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mel Sharples wrote: blah blah blah blah blah......
Get out and enjoy the day man. It's gorgeous outside. You're wandering around in your robe drinking a diet coke and having a chocolate chip cookie. Kassian will eventually get it together or he won't.

Already went for a run, going to get a Christmas tree put up the lights and having a great fucking day . I'm on my third beer and just had a puff. Big lunch with the fellas today at the pub. Life is fun Pacific Blue why are you such a crabby prick ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote: Anyone take note of him racing back on defense there in the third and take away the skater going to the net for a pass? Some of the best speed I've seen from him, and it was getting back and making a good defensive read......it looked like he was skating down hill almost.
hmmm, isn't that like supposed to be a given with any back checking forward in the NHL? I don't know, I don't know, maybe ole Chef Boi RD is being a bit harsh to be putting those kind of expectations on a forward back checking in the NHL. Maybe Zacks a charity case, and he's just along for the ride and the rest of the team picks up the slack. I mean, how long has Zack played hockey for? Nearly his whole life, is this not something you learn when they first teach you hockey?

I could understand if it was a 36 year old Mats Sundin with bad knees trying to back check, but isn't Zack like a healthy young 22 year old man, full of beans? What would be stopping him from doing what I thought was standard per usual when it comes to back checking?
afterall, he's not skating on stumps is he RD?

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wow, be really fucking interesting what Thornton gets for this

Very Bertuzzi-like but being Buttman's Bruins he won't miss the season or playoffs.

Gutless cowardly goon :evil:

Neal didn't even see his head when he hit him with his knee.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I doubt that was an accident by Neal given the way he positioned his knee and put his weight on it. That being said I won't shed a tear for Marchand.