OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Wait for it, wait for it!!
Leaves are in 10th place in the East if you go by points-per-game. :mex:
Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!
I'll work on it. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reimer! Reimer! Reimer! Reimer!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And so it begins in Leaf land. Fire the coach, can Nonis, Clarkson is a waste of cap space, Reimer must go, Dion isn't any good, let the kids play, team can't play defence......Yama yada yada.

Sounds like us.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:And so it begins in Leaf land. Fire the coach, can Nonis, Clarkson is a waste of cap space, Reimer must go, Dion isn't any good, let the kids play, team can't play defence......Yama yada yada.

Sounds like us.
Toronto always has to copy us ahaha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I only just now watched the leaves/Devils highlights, but I must say Reimer didn't have much of a chance on two of those goals, and the breakways and odd man rushes against the leaves seemed to be numerous. Those aren't the goalies' fault!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Nothing satisfying about being with a man that is premature Doc!
I'll work on it. :wink:
A fleshlight may be most illuminating.

Oh, and the TSN crew has gone silent in the centre of the universe. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:I only just now watched the leaves/Devils highlights, but I must say Reimer didn't have much of a chance on two of those goals, and the breakways and odd man rushes against the leaves seemed to be numerous. Those aren't the goalies' fault!
True, the breakaways and odd man rushes against the Leaves have been numerous for the last two seasons.

Last season Reimer and Scrivens rose to the occasion (easier to do in a shortened season).

Bernier was saving their bacon for much of this season, but not so much post Olympics (.904).

Yours truly predicted last summer that he and Reimer would eventually break down under all that pressure. :mex:

I watched the first period of the Leaves game last night, Reimer was shaky from the get-go.

And by get-go I mean the pre-game warmup!

NOT kidding, you could see Jersey players licking their chops.

I was reading a Leaf message board and 90% of the fans were screaming for MacIntyre.

From the get-go.

Reimer was constantly caught out of position and beaten, was lucky to only give up one goal in the 1st

(a few Devils missed open nets.... including Jagr! :shock: ).

Apparently, after being pulled, he sat there on the bench with a huge shit-eating grin for the rest of the game.

Not sure what that was all about, but it prompted more twitter attacks on his wife...
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/20 ... itter.html

Due to offensive language, many of them cannot be printed in this paper. One of the more offensive tweets suggested that April Reimer should stab her husband in the heart while he sleeps.
Personally, I think the Death Penalty is a tad excessive. :roll:

Personally, I like Reimer (AND his wife) :wink: ... I seriously hope he plays more down the stretch.
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:Shit's getting pretty bad in Toronto.

As much fun as it is to see them fail, tweeting threats to the goaltender's wife is probably where I draw the line.
Probably?

So you mean you aren't sure. You may even push things further.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Yeah Strange, there's no denying that Reimer has been bad this season. Like really bad.

Just pointing out that Toronto's team defense has been a shit show for years is all. If anything, Reimer and Bernier have been god sends to that team, because frankly they shouldn't even be in the playoff race.

I just took a peek at nhl.com and see that Toronto has been outshot by a whopping 584 shots this season! :shock:

Five hundred and eighty four more shots against than shots for. Oh my. The only worse team in this regard is Buffalo.

The leaves have by far the most shots against per game at 36, and are in the bottom of the league in terms of shots for.

Toronto has some high end skill and some shooters who can score in transition. For most of this year they had very good goaltending. Other than that, they're kind of an awful hockey team.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:

Probably?

I mean, call me old fashioned, but why use Twitter when you can throw a rock through someone's window, with a death threat attached to it? :look:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:

Probably?

I mean, call me old fashioned, but why use Twitter when you can throw a rock through someone's window, with a death threat attached to it? :look:
That would take some level of bravery... I.e. guts
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

herb wrote:I only just now watched the leaves/Devils highlights, but I must say Reimer didn't have much of a chance on two of those goals, and the breakways and odd man rushes against the leaves seemed to be numerous. Those aren't the goalies' fault!
Yet they win with Bernier.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
True, the breakaways and odd man rushes against the Leaves have been numerous for the last two seasons.

Last season Reimer and Scrivens rose to the occasion (easier to do in a shortened season).

Bernier was saving their bacon for much of this season, but not so much post Olympics (.904).

Yours truly predicted last summer that he and Reimer would eventually break down under all that pressure. :mex:

I watched the first period of the Leaves game last night, Reimer was shaky from the get-go.

And by get-go I mean the pre-game warmup!

NOT kidding, you could see Jersey players licking their chops.

I was reading a Leaf message board and 90% of the fans were screaming for MacIntyre.

From the get-go.

Reimer was constantly caught out of position and beaten, was lucky to only give up one goal in the 1st

(a few Devils missed open nets.... including Jagr! :shock: ).

Apparently, after being pulled, he sat there on the bench with a huge shit-eating grin for the rest of the game.

Not sure what that was all about, but it prompted more twitter attacks on his wife...
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/20 ... itter.html

Due to offensive language, many of them cannot be printed in this paper. One of the more offensive tweets suggested that April Reimer should stab her husband in the heart while he sleeps.
Personally, I think the Death Penalty is a tad excessive. :roll:

Personally, I like Reimer (AND his wife) :wink: ... I seriously hope he plays more down the stretch.
Bernier is injured. He hasn't exactly choked as per your prediction.