OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Then Booth will score 25 goals elsewhere. :?
... and Dude will say 'I told ya so'. :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Then Booth will score 25 goals elsewhere. :?
... and Dude will say 'I told ya so'. :roll:

We know he will.

I'm curious if any of the people who have packed it in over the last six months or so will ever come back if the dude and his piss posse calm down a bit . What's that old saying don't shit where you eat.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Booth will have a post Canuck NHL career that will rival Ashton Carter's post Canuck NHL career. Trust me
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:Booth will have a post Canuck NHL career that will rival Ashton Carter's post Canuck NHL career. Trust me
The question however, is if he will have a post Canuck NHL career that will rival that of hockey legends Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds. :drink:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: What's that old saying don't shit where you eat.
Beers! Am I supposed to tow the company line and ignore the shitty workings of our GM and his riff raff?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oil nearly won by a touchdown tonight
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:The Oil nearly won by a touchdown tonight
Imagine what the score would have been if the Oilers had Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn, and Michael Grabner in the line-up. :shock:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Beers! Am I supposed to tow the company line and ignore the shitty workings of our GM and his riff raff?
I just scanned the original "Canucks Trade for David Booth" thread.

Right from Day One ole Blobby pointed out that the Booth contract could be a problem.

Thing is, ole Blobby makes his point and moves along.

Ole Blobby doesn't go on and on and... well you get the point.

Or do you? :look:

As fans, there's not a helluva lot we can do about questionable moves our GM makes.

More folk should be like ole Blobby.

Point out questionable moves but hope for the best.

And above all: DON'T WHINE LIKE AN OLD WOMAN.
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis justified letting go of Raymond cause of Booth
Could you produce a quote to this effect?

Hell I'm not even asking you to. I'm just asking for an answer to the question: could you?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Beers! Am I supposed to tow the company line and ignore the shitty workings of our GM and his riff raff?
I just scanned the original "Canucks Trade for David Booth" thread.

Right from Day One ole Blobby pointed out that the Booth contract could be a problem.

Thing is, ole Blobby makes his point and moves along.

Ole Blobby doesn't go on and on and... well you get the point.

Or do you? :look:

As fans, there's not a helluva lot we can do about questionable moves our GM makes.

More folk should be like ole Blobby.

Point out questionable moves but hope for the best.

And above all: DON'T WHINE LIKE AN OLD WOMAN.

Hey, hey, hey there. When I whine it's reasonable, common sense ranting!
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Hey, hey, hey there. When I whine it's reasonable, common sense ranting!
Sorry HW. :oops:

I should've said: AN IRRATIONAL ANGRY OLD WOMAN!

Which you most certainly are not, dear lady.

Perhaps we should get together for drinks and drown our reasonable sorrows together.

I'm guessing you must feel like a lonely widow indeed now that Donlever (RIP) is gone.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Hey, hey, hey there. When I whine it's reasonable, common sense ranting!
Sorry HW. :oops:

I should've said: AN IRRATIONAL ANGRY OLD WOMAN!

Which you most certainly are not, dear lady.

Perhaps we should get together for drinks and drown our reasonable sorrows together.

I'm guessing you must feel like a lonely widow indeed now that Donlever (RIP) is gone.
Just like Great Expectations I sit by my window looking over Granville Street waiting for any sign that Donny is back. It still feels like I'm stepping out if I accept any other offers! But don't stop asking. One day I may just face reality and know Donny ain't coming to my party.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doc my good friend from the wrong side of the tracks - Clark and 12th where you can score tattoo's, crack, whores and a pack of smokes at the gas station - I am merely a Canuck fan, I am not paid the Gillis big bucks to run a professional NHL hockey team. Gillis is in a 'what have you done for me lately' industry. The numbers of the team that he runs for the Aquilini's are falling like the rock we all chicken scratch for in the shag carpets that fell out of the glass dick while loading. His trajectory since the Finals is abysmally steep, heading in the wrong direction. Each year, things are getting worse. His job, undoubtedly, should be on the line. If we do not make the playoffs, the fans will call for his head, if he doesn't get past the first round of the playoffs, 3rd year running, the fans will call for his head. He has no idea how to steer the ship, the ship is too big for his bridges, he lacks the visionairy Sam Pollock/Jake Milfordness GM skill. He is in over his head, he needs to be ousted, promptly, before this really gets worse than it is now.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Just like Great Expectations I sit by my window looking over Granville Street waiting for any sign that Donny is back. It still feels like I'm stepping out if I accept any other offers! But don't stop asking. One day I may just face reality and know Donny ain't coming to my party.
Just keep in mind you can whisper "Donny" in my ear :wink:

... although sooner or later you'll no doubt be screaming "GREATSTRANGELOVE, GREATSTRANGELOVE!!!"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Gillis is in a 'what have you done for me lately' industry. The numbers of the team that he runs for the Aquilini's are falling like the rock we all chicken scratch for in the shag carpets that fell out of the glass dick while loading.
If it ever comes to axing Gillis, fine whatever, why would I care?

At this point he's still an above average GM in my books, but hey whatever.

As long as they can find another 'above average GM' who gives a flying one?

The good: A new GM would come in asking players to waive their NTC's.

The bad: A new GM would likely signal a transition period that could be painful.

The ugly: The you-know-wots might consider a guy like Feaster to be "an above average GM". :shock:

Why obsess about firing Gillis?

Why not just hope your Vancouver Canucks catch lightning in a bottle and roll all the way to the Cup? Image

Or did Mikey have his way with Mrs RoyalDude?
____
Try to focus on someday.