OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

Meh.

I have no idea what Strangelove and Topper are arguing about (I'm too lazy to read), but generally speaking, I don't think the Department of Player safety ever had intentions of following things in black and white......even if things are labelled in black and white.

They clearly operate with very large masses of shades of grey and intuition, and don't even really hide the fact that they don't care if it very clearly contradicts the black and white.

P.s. Go Seahawks!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The good thing about this time of year is that the fish smell starts to clear up. Should be gone in another two months.
Is this a reference to Big Tuna? :mrgreen:
I suspect that it will be more than two months. It might be gone til October next year. :mrgreen:
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I wouldn't count the leaves out just yet my Hindu friends.

Don't get me wrong.......I dislike the leaves as much as the next guy, but they should be a much stronger team once they get their centers back. Bolland is out with injury, while Bozak got re-injured if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't rule out the leaves from not making the playoffs just yet.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue"

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... -continue/

$8.5M per down the drain for 7 years lol jk. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The Brown Knight wrote:Meh.

I have no idea what Strangelove and Topper are arguing about (I'm too lazy to read), but generally speaking, I don't think the Department of Player safety ever had intentions of following things in black and white......even if things are labelled in black and white.

They clearly operate with very large masses of shades of grey and intuition, and don't even really hide the fact that they don't care if it very clearly contradicts the black and white.

P.s. Go Seahawks!
The issue is the illusion (through their shiny video series) that it is black & white and they're following some kind of standard...a standard which is a moving target depending on the players involved. Continuing in the storied tradition of Campbell, Shanahan's decisions are sometimes fair, other times hypocritical, confusing, and at best, appear influenced.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I doubt anyone would disagree (edit: strongly) with any of that.

That being said, the appeals process offers some fascinating transparency and should force the league to present a clear and fairly comprehensive case for some of its rulings.

Of course, until they can be forced to explain in a similar fashion why one play is a suspension and another is a slap on the wrist - or other mysteries which continue to elude fans - I don't think it'll help all that much in changing the perception of Shanahan or anyone else running the supplemental discipline show.
alexBF
AHL Prospect

Post by alexBF »

What the hell happened to Grabner? He had 2 goals in his first game this year, then not a single goal in the his 28 games since. He had 8 points in his first 7 games and then zero in the 22 games since. Also he has somehow not been a plus player (+/-) since the first 5 games of the season.

Then there's Hodgson. He's been a plus player twice this year (31 games, -9). He has 4 goals & 9 points (and -5) in 19 games since Vanek was traded , a 17 goal, 39 point pace. Since he doesn't bring anything else than offense, 40 points can't keep him in the lineup long can it?

These 2 were looking very good at times over the past 2 years, right now they really are looking like garbage.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

alexBF wrote:What the hell happened to Grabner? He had 2 goals in his first game this year, then not a single goal in the his 28 games since. He had 8 points in his first 7 games and then zero in the 22 games since. Also he has somehow not been a plus player (+/-) since the first 5 games of the season.

Then there's Hodgson. He's been a plus player twice this year (31 games, -9). He has 4 goals & 9 points (and -5) in 19 games since Vanek was traded , a 17 goal, 39 point pace. Since he doesn't bring anything else than offense, 40 points can't keep him in the lineup long can it?

These 2 were looking very good at times over the past 2 years, right now they really are looking like garbage.

I dunno, you'd have to ask the Dude. He' will know what is wrong. :mrgreen:

I also think Hodgson is out with an injury currently.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Clarkson headed for another suspension. Planted a good elbow and even got a penalty for it. Great signing by Nonis.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

quick facts i took from TSN about the Laughs

13 – Losses for the leaves in the past 19 games.

13 – Number of times in those 19 games that the leaves allowed three goals or more, losing all but one.

7-7-1 – leaves record versus the Western Conference this season.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Clarkson headed for another suspension. Planted a good elbow and even got a penalty for it. Great signing by Nonis.
I saw the hit on the lowlights last night. I think it is worth a hearing (Edler), but I see no news of it today.

The inconsistency remains a constant.

Maybe Shanny the media whore is too busy in makeup for the Thornton hearing today? After all, he wouldn't want to look like Brian Burke.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I heard Kypros say that because he was given a penalty on the play the league may feel he received fair punishment. WTF so we get suspensions if the refs miss something. I don't think so!!

And Clarkson is a repeat offender, hell he had 10 games to start the season :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:I heard Kypros say that because he was given a penalty on the play the league may feel he received fair punishment.
Kypreos should sue the NHL for not protecting his head. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Clarkson's hearing is scheduled for Saturday morning and is being reviewed as an illegal check to the head. I say he gets 2 games.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

He's a repeat offender after being suspended for ten at the start of the season.

I say 5, which is a shame cause that's addition by subtraction for the leaves.