OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Arachnid »

Benjo wrote:I doubt that was an accident by Neal given the way he positioned his knee and put his weight on it. That being said I won't shed a tear for Marchand.
Yeah, it's karma for Marchand for sure but Neal is not known for cheap shots like that. It could go either way at the discipline meeting for Neal but if intent and outcome is the measure then what Thornton did was horrendous....it was premeditated on a helpless player. The guy is a thug in every shape and form.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I nearly Stood up from my couch and gave Neal a standing ovation for the knee. I don't think there is a soul out there feeling sorry for that weasel Marchand
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Neal did it on purpose.

Thorton should be gone for 20 but because he plays for Boston I say 2 games at most.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Can't wait for Shanahan to toss Boston an underhand on this one.

Just saw another angle w/ Thornton intentionally positioning his leg behind Orpik so that he would fall. If thats not assault I don't know what is.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Reefer2 wrote:Neal did it on purpose.

Thorton should be gone for 20 but because he plays for Boston I say 2 games at most.
Agree Neal did it on purpose but is getting the "phone call " from Shanahan so will get 5 or less

Thornton will get over 5 ( my guess 10 games or more )

I love tough hockey but both those guys should get 20.. premeditated chckenshit plays with intent to injure
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Marchand reaps what he sows.

Here's another question...was Thornton on the ice during the play or did he come off the bench after the whistle? Sure looked like he did and came right across the ice directly after Orpik. Not sure how that will play out. A coach can't be throwing out a goon during a melee under the guise of a "line change".
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:Cam Neely-Milan Lucic etc.?
Lets try to not to make that comparison again, ok? The only thing those 2 have in common is they can fight and both played for the Bruins.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:Wow, be really fucking interesting what Thornton gets for this
Neal will get 2 games.

But Shanny needs to lay down the law on this one and suspend Thornton for like 20 games, the NHL cannot be having such ruthlessness accepted.

https://vine.co/v/hQmwr2aI5BX/embed
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

That f---ing weasel Marchand should be suspended for getting his head in the way of Neal's knee.

Lets see if Shanny and Buttman do the right thing and suspend Thorton for at least 20 games. I doubt it.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Watching the between periods analysis, so called, of the whole thing by the Bruins 'pravda' commentators was sickening. There is not a more holier than thou organization than this bunch, from Jack 'compare matt cooke to a kennedy assassin' Edwards to Claude 'everyone else is stupid but us' Julien. One Bruins mouthpiece could only go as far as to say Thornton has to "hold back there"...that's it. Most of the commentary was about if Orpik had fought Thornton earlier none of this would have happened. Thornton should get 20 minimum, but they get away with everything, so I expect it'll be 10. It has to be at least 10 or even people I know who are Bruins fans, many of them, would admit it's a scam.

If a Penguin had done to a Bruin what Thornton did to Orpik that would be screaming and wailing throughout Bruin country. They're soft pedalling as much as they can...hope Orpik is okay, about it.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Thornton should get 20+. That was gross. Thornton came from behind and slew footed Orpik, who had no idea it was coming. Reminded me of Bertuzzi/Moore. Clearly Orpik had no interest in going toe to toe with the goon. Who could blame him? Why is it that some think guys like Orpik have some sort of obligation to fight after a clean hit the other team is upset about?

Honestly though, I couldn't be happier this bad karma is befalling the Bruins. Fuck 'em.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I find it more sickening how the Bruins are the 2nd favorite hockey team after the leaves of the CBC's HNIC crew. The bruins are the dirtiest team in the nhl, and the refs and media seemingly always give them the benefit of a doubt every time.

Would you ever see Ron MacLean spend an entire segment disgracing a Bruin the way he did with Burrows?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Other than the stretcher, this last incident reminds me of Emery's attack on Holtby.

How many games did Emery get?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ It's gross, your right RD.

IMO Julien should be vilified for putting Thornton on the ice. He knew what he was doing.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Neal was being called for a penalty on the play. It was a target to the head on a vulnerable player. Don't know if he got injured on the play. Neal is a repeat offender. I say he gets 1-2 games.

Thornton's was a deliberate attack on a player in retaliation. Thornton didn't even drop his gloves. Thornton is a repeat offender. Don't know if Thoronton was on the ice before the play ended. Orprik was clearly injured. I say he gets 8-10 games.

I don't think the NHL has the balls to suspend him for more than 10 games. Kassian got 8 for careless use of his stick resulting in a major injury. What is a deliberate attack worth?
The only HW the Canucks need