OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by nuckster »

Not that anyone give a shit about what I think, but Jeeese, those poor Leaf fans. Unreal. It's 4 - 2 Blues and after tonight, the leaves will probably be out of a playoff position. Phoenix leading the Penguins...

I'm kinda thinking that IF the Canucks can win the next two against Minny and Colorado, I will be totally committed to hoping that they keep it up and find a way to claw into the playoffs. But, they haven't played any above .500 teams of late so this will be a huge test regarding their collective wills - if they can't do it, then they simply don't deserve to be there in the final 8.
cc oldtimer
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Phoenix wins. 6 points up now and still one game in hand. It's getting real close to mathematically elimination time.

Toronto loses. Almost in 9th. Maybe real soon.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Phoenix wins. 6 points up now and still one game in hand. It's getting real close to mathematically elimination time.

Columbus wins in regulation. Washington picks up a point in the SO. Pretty sure they both move ahead of Toronto, due to less GP. Puts Toronto in 10th in the East.

EDIT: I was wrong... Caps and TO both have same GP, TO sits comfortably in 9th.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Phoenix wins. 6 points up now and still one game in hand. It's getting real close to mathematically elimination time.

Yeah mon!

We just need Nashville, Ottawa, Carolina and Winnipeg to pass us. It's awesome that New Jerseys 1st round draft pick gets booted to 30th.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mathematically? Meh.

Theoretically we've been done since the end of January.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Bernier is injured. He hasn't exactly choked as per your prediction.
I said he would eventually break down under all that pressure.

And by Jove I do believe he has! :D

His sv% is down drastically post-Olympics (in the 7 games he has played in).

Some might argue that facing that much rubber in 48 of the first 65 games contributed to the injury.

Me, I don't give a shit. :mrgreen:

The unsustainable goalie performance over the last 2 seasons has masked how crappy the Leaves truly are.

Advanced stats have indicated that the Leaves have been a truly crappy team for 2 seasons now.

Their possession numbers and shots for/against tell the true tale.

This post-Olympic meltdown... as well as their meltdown in the playoffs last year

... were mathematical certainties. :mex:

And their future looks bleak with not much in the pipeline and some horrible long-term contracts. :thumbs:

Last edited by Strangelove on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Celine and Bernier pooch it and the guy with the C on his jersey doesn't face the media post game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Columbus wins in regulation. Washington picks up a point in the SO. Pretty sure they both move ahead of Toronto, due to less GP. Puts Toronto in 10th in the East.

Pretty sure you were right the first time (TO has played one more game than Wash).

(NHL.com has it wrong, count the number of games left in their seasons)

Interestingly Yahoo has it wrong as well, number of games right, but official ranking system wrong.

Doesn't matter though, and I may be a tad premature but....

GOLF LEAVES GOLF!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Celine and Bernier pooch it and the guy with the C on his jersey doesn't face the media post game.
As the game wore on Leaf fans were booing Sloppy Seconds every time he touched the puck. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Here, check it IN...
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/03/ ... six-games/

The leaves, who two weeks ago were in third-place in the conference and had a nine-point cushion on the ninth-place teams, have now lost six straight games in regulation and are in a four-way tie for the final two playoff spots (though technically they are sitting in 10th-place, because they have played two more games than the seventh-place Columbus Blue Jackets and eighth-place Detroit Red Wings and one more than the ninth-place Washington Capitals).
Not sure why these sites have it wrong...

Perhaps they are worried about rocks flying at the centre of the universe?
____
Try to focus on someday.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Not sure if many of you are watching the CHL playoffs, 3 games in and Horvat, Gaunce & Cassels are all producing. Too bad Shinkaruk got hurt.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

ESPN has always done the best job with stats, IMO. Standings are updated within minutes of final horn.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/type/wildcard

Canucks and PHO even games played, PHO 6 points up. Dallas 2 games in hand, 3 points up.

Toronto sitting comfortably in 10th, Washington with 1 game in hand, CLB, DET, NJ with 2 games in hand.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Columbus wins in regulation. Washington picks up a point in the SO. Pretty sure they both move ahead of Toronto, due to less GP. Puts Toronto in 10th in the East.

Pretty sure you were right the first time (TO has played one more game than Wash).

(NHL.com has it wrong, count the number of games left in their seasons)

Interestingly Yahoo has it wrong as well, number of games right, but official ranking system wrong.

Doesn't matter though, and I may be a tad premature but....

GOLF LEAVES GOLF!!!
You can start warming the hand up a Doc!
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Phaneuf was absolutely horrid tonight.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Here, check it IN...
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/03/ ... six-games/

The leaves, who two weeks ago were in third-place in the conference and had a nine-point cushion on the ninth-place teams, have now lost six straight games in regulation and are in a four-way tie for the final two playoff spots (though technically they are sitting in 10th-place, because they have played two more games than the seventh-place Columbus Blue Jackets and eighth-place Detroit Red Wings and one more than the ninth-place Washington Capitals).
Not sure why these sites have it wrong...

Perhaps they are worried about rocks flying at the centre of the universe?
They may be going by ROW.?????

Cool Hand Luke
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.