OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by ClamRussel »

dangler wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:, and Thronton will get 6 for his premeditated assault, because he's not a repeat offender (as if that lessens the violent nature of the incident), and Shanahan will use his hit on Eriksson as a reason he deserved to get nearly murdered.
Say what!! :shock: ...i guess i just assumed 'cause he crushed poor old MayRays spine that he was a repeat offender. My bad
That was Johnny Boychuk actually.

Speaking of which...Raymond didn't have the puck at all, no interference penalty, no suspension. In a league where injuries are pretty much the yard stick for suspensions. The Orpik hit on Eriksson was 100% clean compared to what Boychuk did to Raymond.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:But what pissed me off more were the bruin fans chanting faker, faker, then booing when he skated off.
I just watched the video and that still makes my blood boil. Classy bunch, those fans.

I'm sure it didn't help Raymond's back that he was lifted upright and dragged off the ice like that. If there's ever a case a stretcher should have been implemented that was it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ClamRussel wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:But what pissed me off more were the bruin fans chanting faker, faker, then booing when he skated off.
I just watched the video and that still makes my blood boil. Classy bunch, those fans.

I'm sure it didn't help Raymond's back that he was lifted upright and dragged off the ice like that. If there's ever a case a stretcher should have been implemented that was it.
I still can't believe there was no penalty on Boychuck. If he had driven him head first it would have been called but seems you can pile drive someone backwards and it's ok. Boarding is boarding.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

WOW

Refs didn't whistle it down (penalty coming against Bruins) after Miller clearly had possession of the puck.

Refs don't call a penalty on Phaneuf (shoulda been 5 + game).

So for how many games does Phaneuf get suspended?

And wot DA FOCK is wrong with the reffing in this league? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Daniel got hit into boards dangerously tonight there wasn't even a replay let alone a penalty..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Apparently Miller (left the game) is going to be okay, says Julien post-game.

So... seeing as how Captain Kangaroo goes by actual injury rather than attempted injury...

1 game and a tongue-lashing for Phanuef from Shanny?

But regardless, wot DA FOCK is wrong with the reffing in this league? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Phaneuf is such a coward....he plays like that all the time hiding behind his visor. Don't forget he also started that shitstorm against Buffalo by crosschecking McCormick after the play, then punching him in the face before hiding behind Orr & McLaren. Total puss. The hit from behind on Miller is his modus operandi.

I do get a kick out of how righteous the Bruins announcers are though. They were aghast in disbelief....yet look at this long history of how their boys play.

Definitely should have been a call on the hit Daniel received tonight. Officiating is brutal all throughout the league. They need to seriously fix this....but they won't because Bettman & Shanahan are just as out to lunch.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'll be consistent and condemn Orpik for not standing up and facing lumps just as I continue to blame Moore for not doing the same.

A pair of balls could keeps their heads straight.

The stunned look on Celine after he hits Miller is a classic.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya the righteous indignation of the Bruin's announcers was actually very funny and made me glad Dianna didn't get a penalty. These guys are incredibly hypocritical. Bunch of ass wipes.

But on a serious note, ya that has to be a suspension. Just wait until Thirnton gets back from his suspension and he will take care of Dianna. :mrgreen:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

There's no comparison between Orpik and Moore. Moore's was a targeted elbow to the head. Orpik's was a clean hit.

I'm sick of the notion of players having to fight over clean but heavy hits, its a stupid thing thats started. Orpik committed to the hit, if he doesn't take it then Eriksson is away. The puck took an unfortunate bounce so I feel for Eriksson w/ his history. In this case I don't see why Orpik is expected to fight a knuckledragger like Thornton. At most it could be a 2 min penalty for interference but Eriksson touched the puck so even that doesn't hold water. If anyone should have to fight I agree w/ HW it should be Phaneuf.

The Moore situation doesn't require any recapitulation. Today it would probably be a 10 game suspension, and if it was back then it would have altered the chain of events that ensued. As it was, in that case yes Moore should have fought Bertuzzi.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Moore elbow was like the Neal knee to Marchand's head. They both made sure they angled their body to get the head shot in. Neither was accidental or incidental.

The Bert retaliation on Moore is very similar to the Thornton retaliation on Orpik. Big difference in my mind though is Thornton's action were in game, not removed by a week or so, and Bert only retaliated when the game was out of reach. The Canucks did not retaliate during the game of the incident because they had a 1-0 lead and the two points were far to valuable at that time. Bert's actions had over a week of build up and threats. Both were dumb and predatory. What Thornton did was plain wrong but in the emotion of the game it makes more sense to me than what Bert did. Bert's actions also hurt what could have been a long playoff run and screwed up our trade deadline day!

Thornton should get at least 10 and I would not be upset if it were 15-20. This is a perfect chance to send a message but I think because of the circumstances, see Keith only getting 5 because he had been hit earlier by Dank on what Keith thought was a head shot, and up to that point he was not a repeat offender, I think Thornton will get 8 games.

On the Orpik hit I had to watch it several times to see in fact that Eriksson did barely touch the puck. That does negate an interference call. He barely touched it, mostly it bounced and got a piece so his stick, but none the less he touched it. It wasn't a headshot or a blindside hit. It was a hard hit but I agree it was clean. But Orpik is a repeat offender and does have some history of taking cheap shots. But players shouldn't have to fight when they lay out a clean one, unlike Dianna.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:I'll be consistent and condemn Orpik for not standing up and facing lumps just as I continue to blame Moore for not doing the same.
I'm not anxious to discuss this incident in any depth ever again, but Moore did fight that game.

Although granted, the fact that Moore opted to take his lumps from Matt fucking Cooke (who failed to deliver them) speaks volumes about both players.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'll be selling "Free Thornton" bumper stickers. PM me if you're interested.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: 1 game and a tongue-lashing for Phanuef from Shanny?

But regardless, wot DA FOCK is wrong with the reffing in this league? Image
Looks like it could be heading that way...

Phaneuf set for hearing after hit

1 game, I'd guess.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Neal get's 5, and I have to think this is the NHL gearing up to bring the hammer down on Thornton.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695100
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.