OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Well he does have a Canucks logo on his Torontoilet avatar AND he has been around forever so I'd cut him a little slack Doc...
Considering the fact he's got his precious Leaves listed among the top teams in the league

... I was cutting him some slack!

Dawson never was a rocket surgeon but whatever the problem is, it seems to be getting worse. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Thomas got yanked after giving up 2 goals on 5 shots tonight.

This after getting yanked in St Lou the other night (5 goals on 28 shots).

UK is looking like a rocket surgeon... in the very early going of course.
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Gotta wonder if the stories of Dale Tallon having clearance to add a $40m contract over the 2012 offseason were not a bunch of baloney, given we've now seen the franchise sold with about half of the sticker price going directly to creditors. It sounds like the now former Panthers owners only got about three times what Luongo is due in his contract so it would have been a major liability by that standard..
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

AV and the Rags got absolutely pounded by the Sharks 9-2. That Hertl kid had four goals, and has six already this season.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

herb wrote:AV and the Rags got absolutely pounded by the Sharks 9-2. That Hertl kid had four goals, and has six already this season.
The Sharks are looking like trouble. Hopefully they are peaking too early... :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hertl also scored an absolutely beautiful goal

I mean, wow

19 years old.

Wtf was Hodgson doing when he was 19? It seems like SJ got hell of a pick from their 17th pick in 2012.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:AV and the Rags got absolutely pounded by the Sharks 9-2. That Hertl kid had four goals, and has six already this season.
I wonder when Alain will lose it with the media in NYC...he never did on the mellow West Coast.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Strangelove wrote:Thomas got yanked after giving up 2 goals on 5 shots tonight.

This after getting yanked in St Lou the other night (5 goals on 28 shots).

UK is looking like a rocket surgeon... in the very early going of course.
In fairness to Thomas he was hurt last night. It wasn't a "you suck" yank but rather a "you're hurt and you suck because of it" yank.

We see it over and over and over again...guys who are hurt for long period or miss camp come back and right away start pulling groins etc.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CrzyCanuck wrote:Hertl also scored an absolutely beautiful goal

I mean, wow

19 years old.

Wtf was Hodgson doing when he was 19? It seems like SJ got hell of a pick from their 17th pick in 2012.
Doug Wilson is a genius, drafts Charlie Coyle 29th overall in 2010, drafts speed demon Nieto in 2011, drafts Hertl 17th overall in 2012, all playing big minutes in the NHL and playing well. I fully expect their 2013 pick - Mueller to slay it as well.

We could have had Coyle but Gillis traded our pick and Grabner for Keith Ballard. What's with Grabner getting 3 assists last night? Can u imagine if Gillis had not traded for Ballard? We could have Erhoff, Grabner and Coyle in the line-up! Fuckin hell!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I agree with the sad clown, we should never lose any trade and we should draft all of the good players, every time any other team selects a good player in the draft (even if they select them earlier than our first pick in that draft) it's a failure.

What the fuck Gillis?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Doug Wilson is a genius, drafts Charlie Coyle 29th overall in 2010

We could have had Coyle but Gillis traded our pick and Grabner for Keith Ballard. What's with Grabner getting 3 assists last night? Can u imagine if Gillis had not traded for Ballard? We could have Erhoff, Grabner and Coyle in the line-up! Fuckin hell!
So you have officially moved on from Quinton Howden to Charlie Coyle? Just want to update my whiteboard...
If you need air...call it in
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hey look RD found something to complain about! Shocking I know.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Uncle dans leg wrote: So you have officially moved on from Quinton Howden to Charlie Coyle? Just want to update my whiteboard...
No kidding. And don't forget Tanev and Lack don't count as prospects because they weren't drafted. You can put Erikson in that camp as well if he proves to be a good goaltender.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

But that's the genius of Dougy Wilson, here I was thinking that Howden was the pick. But hey, I ain't paid the big bucks to run an NHL team. The beauty of Gillis is he justified trading the pick for that bum Ballard cause he didn't like what was available. Hahaha! You know who went right after Howden? Kuznetsov! FFS! Most scouts agree that he is the best player not playing in the NHL. Wants to stay in Russkie until the Olympics then plans on joining Ovie in Washington.

But here's the Beauty of Dougy Wilson, he traded Coyle for Brent Burns and not like say a Ballard for instance. Burns is a monster right now!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Your 20/20 highsight always amazes me. :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."