OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I know it's early, the season is young and it will change but it must really irk the Oiler fans seeing their hated sister city - Calgary with a team of NO-Stars playing way better than them, a team, the Oilers, with supposedly a plethora of future stars of the league. LOL

Right On, Kevin Lowe, keep on trying to build the next Gretzky dynasty all the while totally not realizing the game has changed massively since your glory days with Gretz.

Hey RD when did you fall off the Oiler band wagon.
I hope this doesn't happen to him when he goes by the school :eh:

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Manny on the ice to win the draw for the Canes tying goal then wins it in OT for the Canes. Is a beast on FO. Will this make MG look bad?

Interesting story to watch this year. If he has a decent year maybe we could offer a 2nd and a prospect at the trade deadline so we could have a shut down centre! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Manny on the ice to win the draw for the Canes tying goal then wins it in OT for the Canes. Is a beast on FO. Will this make MG look bad?

Interesting story to watch this year. If he has a decent year maybe we could offer a 2nd and a prospect at the trade deadline so we could have a shut down centre! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, that was great to see for Manny.

I think he might have been a victim of post 2011 Vigneault as much as he was hindered by the injury.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mëds wrote: I think he might have been a victim of post 2011 Vigneault as much as he was hindered by the injury.
Yeah, who hasn't been a victim of post 2011 AV. Looks like the Rags are right now...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Interesting... Tootoo is making too much else he could add some toughness to the 3rd or 4th line. Will MG pick up Pinizzotto again?? :mrgreen:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
DET puts Jordin Tootoo on waivers. FLA puts Steve Pinizzotto on waivers.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Jovocop wrote:Interesting... Tootoo is making too much else he could add some toughness to the 3rd or 4th line. Will MG pick up Pinizzotto again?? :mrgreen:
DET puts Jordin Tootoo on waivers. FLA puts Steve Pinizzotto on waivers.
How is that guy even used in Detroit? He has a $1.9 mil cap hit and he currently averages 7 minutes of ice time per game, which is not much different from last season. Maybe the Nucks can trade Booth for him and he'll have a come to Jesus moment. :D
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

BurningBeard wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Interesting... Tootoo is making too much else he could add some toughness to the 3rd or 4th line. Will MG pick up Pinizzotto again?? :mrgreen:
DET puts Jordin Tootoo on waivers.
Shocking...one of Ken Holland's rare mistakes.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Zedlee wrote: Shocking...one of Ken Holland's rare mistakes.
Speaking of mistakes by GM, Tallon should be top of the class. He could have Luongo for pretty much free last summer...
Panthers GM Dale Tallon: 'there will be changes'

Following Florida's 4-3 overtime loss on Tuesday night at the hands of the moribund Edmonton Oilers, Panthers management had a late night meeting to discuss the state of the team.

The state of the team, by the way, is "bad" as the Panthers have a 3-8-4 record on the season, a handful of underachieving veterans, and an ugly -22 goal differential.

"There will be changes," Panthers General Manager Dale Tallon told the Miami Herald. "I don't make rash decisions. None of us are happy. I have to fix this and I will. We're better than this."

Tallon is expected to be a seller on the trade market between now and the NHL trade deadline in early April.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I don't see a lot of Colorado, but clearly they are not a good enough team that they should have a .923 winning percentage (no team is). When they begin to regress, how far will the fall? Are they a playoff team? Will they compete for the division?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

MG needs to contact his good buddy in Florida and nab a vet or two!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

SKYO wrote:MG needs to contact his good buddy in Florida and nab a vet or two!
Oh good god no, not another trade with Florida!
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Thinking outloud, but I'm wondering if it's feasible, or even advisable, for us to swing a deal with Detroit where we'd swap Booth for Tootoo and some other turd (to the point where it's the cap hits going both ways even out).

Booth is probably still a better player than Tootoo as a whole, and so he might be able to atleast help out Detroit.

Tootoo gives us some speed and sandpaper (although given the refs love of giving us penalties, getting Tootoo may not be our best interests).

Meh - probably not a good idea.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Zedlee wrote:
SKYO wrote:MG needs to contact his good buddy in Florida and nab a vet or two!
Oh good god no, not another trade with Florida!
Yes we need our annual Panthers trade fix, starting to feen out over here.

They have a plethora of centers that we need for our 2nd or 3rd line spot.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote: Tootoo gives us some speed and sandpaper (although given the refs love of giving us penalties, getting Tootoo may not be our best interests).

Meh - probably not a good idea.
Detroit is already into LTIR. I don't think they can absorb Booth's salary.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Manny on the ice to win the draw for the Canes tying goal then wins it in OT for the Canes. Is a beast on FO. Will this make MG look bad?

Yeah, I was really happy for Malhotra. I thought MG gave him a bit of a raw deal. I hope Manny has a great year and plays in the NHL for a few more years.