OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Arachnid » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote: All of a sudden, BigTuna does not talk about Raymond any more... :mrgreen:
Well, he is only making 1 million dollars this year on a one year contract, I can see why Big Tuna doesn't feel the need to talk about a 1 million dollar player all the time, those kind of numbers said player is not relied upon to produce at what David Booth should be producing at, but hey when you compare the 4 goals and 5 assists in 12 games that Raymond has to that of 4.5 million player, CC fan favorite - David Booth and his 1 goal and 2 assists in 11 games those are pretty dang good numbers don't ya think? Who is getting a better bang for their Salary Cap Buck? Keep on rockin your David Booth Love. Just like poster herb and most everyone here, keep on giving the weird dude chance, after chance, after chance, after chance, after chance......................

BTW, MayRay assisted the Leafs first goal tonight, so he has 4 goals and 6 assists in 13 games. If he was still a Canuck that would put him 4th in scoring (where he is with the Leafs) on team scoring behind Kesler (11 points) and the Sedins.
And yet Broke Back Raymond in the playoffs makes more sense that Back Poke Booth right? :roll:

If one was to think anything it is that you have an unhealthy infatuation with this man-boy :crazy:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote: All of a sudden, BigTuna does not talk about Raymond any more... :mrgreen:
Well, he is only making 1 million dollars this year on a one year contract, I can see why Big Tuna doesn't feel the need to talk about a 1 million dollar player all the time, those kind of numbers said player is not relied upon to produce at what David Booth should be producing at, but hey when you compare the 4 goals and 5 assists in 12 games that Raymond has to that of 4.5 million player, CC fan favorite - David Booth and his 1 goal and 2 assists in 11 games those are pretty dang good numbers don't ya think? Who is getting a better bang for their Salary Cap Buck? Keep on rockin your David Booth Love. Just like poster herb and most everyone here, keep on giving the weird dude chance, after chance, after chance, after chance, after chance......................

BTW, MayRay assisted the Leafs first goal tonight, so he has 4 goals and 6 assists in 13 games. If he was still a Canuck that would put him 4th in scoring (where he is with the Leafs) on team scoring behind Kesler (11 points) and the Sedins.
And yet Broke Back Raymond in the playoffs makes more sense that Back Poke Booth right? :roll:

If one was to think anything is that you have an unhealthy infatuation with this man-boy :crazy:
You rockin' those pom poms with your gay ass double jointed elbows extended to the rainbows in the pretty sky with that teddy bear goatee still?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Whats the alternative DOODE?

We're stuck with him till the end of the season. We all know that and choose to deal with it. While yooouuuuu choose to pine overit and over and over and over... did i mention over? Oh but wait... over?

Hey bout....over?

Okay OVER?

You're like a bad skit man.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Just merely pointing out how the CC'ers here would go as far as travel all the way to the Temple Mount Western Wall of Jerusalem and wail the sorry heads against the wall all in the name of saving David Messiah Booth and his billions for what fucking reason, I do not know, but all the while the same bunch burn MayRay and his low cost contract at the gates of hell. Figure that one out.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:49 pm

The 5'-8" Bouillon rocked Roussel tonight.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:13 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Just merely pointing out how the CC'ers here would go as far as travel all the way to the Temple Mount Western Wall of Jerusalem and wail the sorry heads against the wall all in the name of saving David Messiah Booth and his billions for what fucking reason, I do not know, but all the while the same bunch burn MayRay and his low cost contract at the gates of hell. Figure that one out.
Good for Raymond. Personally, I would have gotten rid of both this summer. Booth was hurt and so we couldn't buy him out. Nobody wants him, and as long as Jensen is hurt I don't see a capable replacement for him in the minors. I assume we'll buy him out if he's healthy this summer. The other option is to dump him and retain a portion of his salary if another move is on the horizon... even then, I don't see many takers lining up to take Bighorn Blastin' Bible Bumpin' Booth.

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:14 pm

In Montreal for a conference so went to the Habs-Stars tonight. A few things to note:

-Carey was the deserved first star. Habs had 3 shots on goal after they went up 2-0 halfway through the second.

-Subban knows when to wind up, when to take a quick wrist shot, when to just dump it into the corner. It seems his shots are never blocked or even close to being blocked. Did make one bad pinch but he's an exciting player...even in warm up.

-The guy the canucks should have drafted instead of Horvat (according to some on another board) seemed to contribute about as much to the Stars tonight as Horvat contributed to the canucks last night... pretty lazy looking player from my view tonight.

-Bournival had a heck of a game. great positioning and hands in front of the net. third round pick in 2010 and has 7 points in his first 10 NHL games.

-Montreal women are hot.

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 pm

BigTuna wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
dbr wrote:They have put the league on notice and it is definitely well past time their most obnoxious fans start showing up on message boards around the internet bragging about their October record, because that is not at all hilarious and they have never folded like a cheap tent after starting the season reasonably well.
At this point I'm just thankful that thus far the Tampa Bay fans haven't started trolling the board. The Bolts have the best goalie tandem in the entire NHL right now.
Bolts:
Ben Bishop 8 19 2.47 222 .914 0
Anders Lindback 4 12 3.48 88 .864 0

Leafs:
James Reimer 5 9 2.56 134 .933 0
Jonathan Bernier 9 20 2.34 284 .930 1

Lindback's save% is the second worst in the entire NHL.
Okay, :lol:

Now it's pretty clear what's up. Because BurningBeard's statement was utterly lacking in irony, it truly was an invitation to seriously debate which team has the best goaltending duo - statistically speaking - less than fifteen games into the season.

:crazy:

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:49 pm

BigTuna wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:At this point I'm just thankful that thus far the Tampa Bay fans haven't started trolling the board. The Bolts have the best goalie tandem in the entire NHL right now.
Bolts:
Ben Bishop 8 19 2.47 222 .914 0
Anders Lindback 4 12 3.48 88 .864 0

Leafs:
James Reimer 5 9 2.56 134 .933 0
Jonathan Bernier 9 20 2.34 284 .930 1

Lindback's save% is the second worst in the entire NHL.
Forget about advanced stats B.S.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 pm

RoyalDude wrote:

Fuck Dood, you backed "MayRay" for a few years, only to backstab him and piss on his grave a year ago.

And now you're back on the Mason Bandwagon?? :crazy:

Y'know, a guy could have a field day digging up your old posts and nailing your troll ass to the wall. Image

For the few of us who still remember what you used to be: STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF

Please.

You've become the David Booth of hockey message boards....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 pm

dbr wrote: Okay, :lol:

Now it's pretty clear what's up. Because BurningBeard's statement was utterly lacking in irony, it truly was an invitation to seriously debate which team has the best goaltending duo - statistically speaking - less than fifteen games into the season.

:crazy:
Society is broken. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:16 pm

BurningBeard wrote: Forget about advanced stats B.S.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

If one was to think anything is that you have an unhealthy infatuation with this man-boy :crazy:
You rockin' those pom poms with your gay ass double jointed elbows extended to the rainbows in the pretty sky with that teddy bear goatee still?
My alchie friend, everyone can see that you can only get your limpasaurous up when you slag Davey.

Let it go man, he ain't go'n no where for a while. We are 9-4-1 and Strangelove's Laughs are a come'n to town so Susususteetooooo can take out Kessel's knee...iz all good duder :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 pm

RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Oct 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm[/color] wrote: I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Strangelove wrote: Y'know, a guy could have a field day digging up your old posts and nailing your troll ass to the wall. Image
Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Oct 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm[/color] wrote: I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there.
Thank you, SL, for answering the clarion call!

I think I was at least consistent in my belief that Raymond would have a 70-point season at his peak, then settle back in to the 50ish point range.

This top-loading of the Canucks has me concerned. I really believe to be successful they're going to need 50-point second liners and 30-point third liners. At present, assuming Santorelli slows down, they'll probably end up with 40-point second liners in Santorelli Higgins and Burrows, and 20ish point 3rd liners.

Personally I don't think Raymond was re-signing for $1 million, I think he'd decided to test the waters prior to July 1 and misjudged the market.

Letting a guy like Raymond go is where you really feel the full brunt of the terribleness that is Booth's contract. But I don't think there was anything that could have been done about it due to the injury, and I don't think anyone can honestly say they thought it was a bad trade at the time.