OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 am

I mean, the Leaves are playing well right now, but it's still far too early to call them 'contenders'.

Back in 2000/2001 for instance, if I recall correctly, the Canucks got off to a tremendous start start to the year. However, given what they had experienced in the five years before that, and given the age and lack of consistent results of that team, you had to label it as a "good stretch" as opposed to labelling the Nucks as contenders (they ended up tailing off later that year and ended up getting spanked by the Avs in the first round).

Toronto might be a contender, but that's the key word.......might. Representative sample is still too small, and they still have lots to prove.

Their off-season additions were very solid......I'll give them that.

However, given the spectacular way in which they collapsed against Boston last year, I'd be a little apprehensive.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:15 am

At the CC and with a lot if Nuck fans here there is a massive inferiority complex that inflicts them when it comes to all things Toronto. Who the fuck cares what and how they are doing. Ya just look like a bunch of insecure high school girls the more we moan about them. Sometimes I wish they would win the Cup just to bear witness the lineups at the Pharmacies of Nuck fans getting their zanax prescription
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 am

Is Zanax included with the calendar?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 am

RoyalDude wrote:At the CC and with a lot if Nuck fans here there is a massive inferiority complex that inflicts them when it comes to all things Toronto. Who the fuck cares what and how they are doing. Ya just look like a bunch of insecure high school girls the more we moan about them. Sometimes I wish they would win the Cup just to bear witness the lineups at the Pharmacies of Nuck fans getting their zanax prescription
I don't think anyone really brought up Toronto until a few Leaf fans here (BigTuna, etc.) specifically started talking about them.

The insecurity goes both ways though. In 2011, the city of Toronto and their media was very insecure over the idea of the Canucks being the first Canadian team to win a cup since 1993.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:32 pm

RoyalDude wrote: At the CC and with a lot if Nuck fans here there is a massive inferiority complex that inflicts them when it comes to all things Toronto.
LOFL then how do you explain the fact the Flames are generally much more hated by Canuckers?

Personally I hate the Leaves because of my personal perception of their fan base.

Conversely the #1 reason I love the Flyers is because of my personal perception of their fan base.

(well that and Clarkie) :blush:

I like Ranger/Wings/Habs/Jets/Hawks fans a lot (although I can't stand most Hawk players, so I'm torn there).

Generally I dislike California-teams/Florida-teams/Sabres/Flames fans.

But yeah mostly I just love to the Leaves.

I highly recommend figuring out which team one hates most and then turning oneself into an antifan. :thumbs:

oopsie, forgot who I was talking to....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BCExpat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BCExpat » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Strangelove wrote: Generally I dislike California-teams/Florida-teams/Sabres/Flames fans.
Only their fans? Strangelove is a very appropriate name for you :roll:
Feaster Famine

darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Well well... the shitty "bubble team" from Toronto (missing three top 9 forwards) beat the mighty Pens to retake top spot in the Eastern Conference.... who saw this coming?? :lol:

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Soooooo Cody Hodgson got benched tonight. This is a game after the Sabres TV crew ripped into his effort away from the puck. Milbury also seems to have a bee in his bonnet when it comes to Cody and the last two Sabres games on NBC Sports he has had a segment pointing out Hodgson's lack of compete.

Be interesting to see how he responds. He was benched at the end of last year as well and it clearly didn't make much of an impression on him.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 pm

:mrgreen:
tantalum wrote:Soooooo Cody Hodgson got benched tonight. This is a game after the Sabres TV crew ripped into his effort away from the puck. Milbury also seems to have a bee in his bonnet when it comes to Cody and the last two Sabres games on NBC Sports he has had a segment pointing out Hodgson's lack of compete.

Be interesting to see how he responds. He was benched at the end of last year as well and it clearly didn't make much of an impression on him.
:mrgreen:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:41 pm

darren wrote:Well well... the shitty "bubble team" from Toronto (missing three top 9 forwards) beat the mighty Pens to retake top spot in the Eastern Conference.... who saw this coming?? :lol:
When they engrave the cup tomorrow, does anyone know if Kulemin is going to qualify to get his name on it? He's only played two games, but I'm honestly not sure what the rules are when they award the cup this early in the regular season. Can't Toronto ask the league to have his name included?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

The Leaves have the best collection of wingers in the NHL. Bernier/Reimer are two very good 25 year-old goalies. They are statistically the youngest team in the NHl. Dion Phaneuf was fantastic tonight. A stud who shut down Crosby and Malkin like no one else has this year.

Yes. Contenders.

Nonis made some nice off season additions. The Bernier/Bolland trades were great.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:09 pm

darren wrote:Well well... the shitty "bubble team" from Toronto (missing three top 9 forwards) beat the mighty Pens to retake top spot in the Eastern Conference.... who saw this coming?? :lol:
If you put aside any hate for the team, Toronto has a lot of talent. Very fast, talented team.

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 am

BigTuna wrote:
If you put aside any hate for the team, Toronto has a lot of talent. Very fast, talented team.
Oops my mistake.I thought I logged onto a Canucks site. I'm outta here!!

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 am

okcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Oops my mistake.I thought I logged onto a Canucks site. I'm outta here!!
lol
Getting old is not for the young...

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:17 am

Hell I've hated the damm Leaves since 67 when they screwed Vancouver out of getting an NHL franchise..
But Props to Nonis.. he's built a good team..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice