Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby sagebrush » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Jovocop wrote: Nobody is comparing Santorelli, Richardson, Dalpe, or Welsh to Naslund or Grabner. The point is sometimes some of those throwaways could turn out to be gems, like Naslund or Grabner. Some players take longer time to develop and some might never. In Dalpe's case, he is still young and should be given a chance before completely write him off.

Dalpe's NHL ppg production is better than Kassian's ... & he didn't get to play with the Sedins. ;)
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Strangelove » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Jovocop wrote:Seriously RD, why can't you wait until the Canucks actually start losing before complaining like an old lady?


Image
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Per » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:34 am

RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.


RoyalDude wrote: Anyhow, carry on with your Gillis man love, the dude will be fired soon enough. Should never have quit his day job.


RoyalDude wrote: Tall Boys McKenzie, what is with your man-love for Gillis? He's the worse. Makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Thank the heavens that Nonis drafted Schneider so Gillis had the ability to get Horvat.


RD, I can sense that you aren't happy with GMMG. And I can understand it. I mean, what has he accomplished during his tenure with the Vancouver Canucks? Not much. A cup run that brought the team all the way to game seven of the SCF, two President's trophies and being named NHL GM of the year but once. Pathetic. We fans have grown accustomed to expect much more. His accomplishments are truly dwarfed by those of his predecessors with the team, such as... er.... wait... I mean... uhm.... help me out here, some one. There must be tons of GMs that have reached better results with our beloved Canucks, right? Yet I can't seem to think of any.... :|
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby dbr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 am

RoyalDude wrote:Nick's Spaghetti and Meatballs is legendary, lol.


I dunno what it used to be but any time I've been there in the last decade Nick's has sucked. Just a drab old shithole without any of the actual substance or charm that make visiting places like that worthwhile.

Kind of like your posts on this here god damned hockey talk message board.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 am

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.


RoyalDude wrote: Anyhow, carry on with your Gillis man love, the dude will be fired soon enough. Should never have quit his day job.


RoyalDude wrote: Tall Boys McKenzie, what is with your man-love for Gillis? He's the worse. Makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Thank the heavens that Nonis drafted Schneider so Gillis had the ability to get Horvat.


RD, I can sense that you aren't happy with GMMG. And I can understand it. I mean, what has he accomplished during his tenure with the Vancouver Canucks? Not much. A cup run that brought the team all the way to game seven of the SCF, two President's trophies and being named NHL GM of the year but once. Pathetic. We fans have grown accustomed to expect much more. His accomplishments are truly dwarfed by those of his predecessors with the team, such as... er.... wait... I mean... uhm.... help me out here, some one. There must be tons of GMs that have reached better results with our beloved Canucks, right? Yet I can't seem to think of any.... :|

Hahaha is it me or are Swedes really good at hockey, cars and jet fighters... but sarcasm not so much?
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Per » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am

ukcanuck wrote: Hahaha is it me or are Swedes really good at hockey, cars and jet fighters... but sarcasm not so much?


Sarcasm is always harder in a second language, but I'll keep trying till I get it right! 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Jovocop » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

I got this link from the HFboard. This article at least gives us some hope about Dalpe. ;)

http://www.shutdownline.com/hurricanes/ ... dalpe.html
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby TDA Rum » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Hilarious....

Strombone @strombone1
Happy October everyone!!! Or as I like to call it: How did that go in?
9:10 PM - 30 Sep 2013
TDA Rum
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Arachnid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Per wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Hahaha is it me or are Swedes really good at hockey, cars and jet fighters... but sarcasm not so much?


Sarcasm is always harder in a second language, but I'll keep trying till I get it right! 8-)


Swedes make good porn & hockey players, Germans make good sarcasm and better soccer players :P
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby dangler » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Jovocop wrote:I got this link from the HFboard. This article at least gives us some hope about Dalpe. ;)

http://www.shutdownline.com/hurricanes/ ... dalpe.html

sounds like the kid could have potential for t0p 6,not bad for a minor leaguer and 4th round pick
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:49 pm

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Nick's Spaghetti and Meatballs is legendary, lol.


I dunno what it used to be but any time I've been there in the last decade Nick's has sucked. Just a drab old shithole without any of the actual substance or charm that make visiting places like that worthwhile.

Kind of like your posts on this here god damned hockey talk message board.


Maybe ya shoulda tried the calzone

Not sure what onion truck you fell off but if you had noticed, I did say that I did pop in their recently just from being in the neighborhood and it was kinda, uh, sad, really. The place is a shithole now, has been for a while, danbobrob ya fag. In fact it was always a shithole, just sloppy spaghetti like that overrated shithole - Anton's on Hastings that all those meathead idiots in Burnaby/East Van for some reason line up for only because of the massive portions (LOL). Do you live in BBY/East Van?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.


RoyalDude wrote: Anyhow, carry on with your Gillis man love, the dude will be fired soon enough. Should never have quit his day job.


RoyalDude wrote: Tall Boys McKenzie, what is with your man-love for Gillis? He's the worse. Makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Thank the heavens that Nonis drafted Schneider so Gillis had the ability to get Horvat.


RD, I can sense that you aren't happy with GMMG. And I can understand it. I mean, what has he accomplished during his tenure with the Vancouver Canucks? Not much. A cup run that brought the team all the way to game seven of the SCF, two President's trophies and being named NHL GM of the year but once. Pathetic. We fans have grown accustomed to expect much more. His accomplishments are truly dwarfed by those of his predecessors with the team, such as... er.... wait... I mean... uhm.... help me out here, some one. There must be tons of GMs that have reached better results with our beloved Canucks, right? Yet I can't seem to think of any.... :|


Hey the Canucks went to the Finals in '82 and then in '94 as well, ya should have thrown that in their to. Anyhow excuse me if I nudge you out of yesteryear fantasy land Per ya dumb swedish meatball but for shits and giggles and back to the here and now where we all are now, going by the 'what have you done for me lately', theory - The last two seasons, the two you choose to ignore because of maybe some kind inability to deal with disappointment, your favorite GM - Gillis and the team that he has assembled to your liking was knocked out in the first round of the playoffs against the Kings and then followed that by losing 4 straight to the Sharks in the first round of last season. How the hell is that success? If you think that is RECENT success then maybe I like you need to lower my standards. Either way, I could give two shits that we went to the finals 3 Stanley Cups ago.
Last edited by RoyalDude on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Strangelove » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:09 pm

TDA Rum wrote:Hilarious....

Strombone @strombone1
Happy October everyone!!! Or as I like to call it: How did that go in?


:lol:

I just love the fact that Lou eventually learned to laugh at himself!

It was either that or implode under all the pressure I suppose.

When he was first acquired by MY Vancouver Canucks, I asked the question:

Could this finally be the goaltender to break the jinx?

As in Vancouver Goalie Graveyard and dat dere.

Crosses fingers, legs, and arms...
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby Arachnid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:41 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I can't wait to see this team, so many new exciting talent to watch, yes, they are throwaways from other teams, but at least they will proved a newly breath of fresh air to this season.


RoyalDude wrote: Anyhow, carry on with your Gillis man love, the dude will be fired soon enough. Should never have quit his day job.


RoyalDude wrote: Tall Boys McKenzie, what is with your man-love for Gillis? He's the worse. Makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Thank the heavens that Nonis drafted Schneider so Gillis had the ability to get Horvat.


RD, I can sense that you aren't happy with GMMG. And I can understand it. I mean, what has he accomplished during his tenure with the Vancouver Canucks? Not much. A cup run that brought the team all the way to game seven of the SCF, two President's trophies and being named NHL GM of the year but once. Pathetic. We fans have grown accustomed to expect much more. His accomplishments are truly dwarfed by those of his predecessors with the team, such as... er.... wait... I mean... uhm.... help me out here, some one. There must be tons of GMs that have reached better results with our beloved Canucks, right? Yet I can't seem to think of any.... :|


Hey the Canucks went to the Finals in '82 and then in '94 as well, ya should have thrown that in their to. Anyhow excuse me if I nudge you out of yesteryear fantasy land Per ya dumb swedish meatball but for shits and giggles and back to the here and now where we all are now, going by the 'what have you done for me lately', theory - The last two seasons, the two you choose to ignore because of maybe some kind inability to deal with disappointment, your favorite GM - Gillis and the team that he has assembled to your liking was knocked out in the first round of the playoffs against the Kings and then followed that by losing 4 straight to the Sharks in the first round of last season. How the hell is that success? If you think that is RECENT success then maybe I like you need to lower my standards. Either way, I could give two shits that we went to the finals 3 Stanley Cups ago.


We will be fine now that we got a wopper of a team

Santorelli
Sestito
Luongo
Tortorella

So relax Bernardo 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Canucks Training Camp - News & Notes

Postby sagebrush » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 am

Latest practice lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Richardson - Santorelli
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Stanton - Tanev

We've reset to the youth movement. :roll:
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hist and 2 guests